Pics of yourself

Started by slipknotpredator, May 04, 2007, 12:15:39 PM

Author
Pics of yourself (Read 2,409,822 times)

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 22, 2014, 02:15:17 AM
My Lai predates the Soldier's Creed by several decades. 

murica's finest

tavianini19

tavianini19

I thought Navy Seals were the finest?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Taliban? f**ker had that shit (or piss, I suppose) coming.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Piss on corpses

much honor, so freedom

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Marines don't have the soldier's creed because they aren't in the Army Cvalda.

But who gives a f**k?  Yeah its disrespectful but its still the second worse thing they did to them that day.  Nobody cares that they killed them, just that they pissed on them afterwards. 

At least the Marines didn't capture them.  And behead them for propaganda purposes. 

Quote from: tavianini19 on Oct 22, 2014, 02:17:42 AM

Seal Team Six/Devgru and Delta/ACE/CAG are both the top tier fighting units in the US.

Regular SEALs and Army SF/Rangers are still badass though. 

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: tavianini19 on Oct 22, 2014, 02:13:34 AM
Quote from: Cvalda on Oct 22, 2014, 02:10:38 AM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 22, 2014, 02:08:31 AM
That's because I am a nerd.  I'm just a nerd that could also kill people. 
http://thecount.com/wp-content/uploads/Elliot-Rodger-ucsb.jpg
He sorta looks like a slightly gayer version of me.
Next Elliot Rodgers.

tavianini19

tavianini19

Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 22, 2014, 02:25:46 AM

But who gives a f**k?  Yeah its disrespectful but its still the second worse thing they did to them that day.  Nobody cares that they killed them, just that they pissed on them afterwards. 

At least the Marines didn't capture them.  And behead them for propaganda purposes. 

Quote from: tavianini19 on Oct 22, 2014, 02:17:42 AM

Seal Team Six/Devgru and Delta/ACE/CAG are both the top tier fighting units in the US.

Regular SEALs and Army SF/Rangers are still badass though.
I read an awesome book called Ghost Soldiersabout the first Army Ranger unit from WWII, total bamfs.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Reveling in the kill and pissing on the corpse out of spite is some subhuman, barbaric shit. No excuses by way of half assed relativism change that. I thought our people were supposed to be better than that, guess not.

Just a buncha dumb country dudes with no other life skills or talents aside from shooting people. Shoulda just been a cop ◦°˚\(*❛‿❛)/˚°◦

tavianini19

tavianini19

Quote from: Cvalda on Oct 22, 2014, 02:31:08 AM

Reveling in the kill and pissing on the corpse out of spite is some subhuman, barbaric shit. No excuses by way of half assed relativism change that. I thought our people were supposed to be better than that, guess not.

Just a buncha dumb country dudes with no other life skills or talents aside from shooting people. Shoulda just been a cop ◦°˚\(*❛‿❛)/˚°◦
I have no experience in this respect, but I know it's not true. You ever heard of snipers? They are crazy good at math and physics cause gravity and even the Earth's freakin rotation affect a bullet when it's travelling that far.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

GODf**kINGDAMNIT

Cvalda

Cvalda

Were you not just making a stab at excusing what they did just a little while ago?

The issue isn't whether the war you're fighting is "just" (almost none of them have been since WWII), it's the fact that the soldierbro mentality leads you to support and endorse whatever cause you're made to fight for, including the vile shit other soldiers do. It's a moral vacuum through and through.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Soldierbros support other soldierbros because only soldierbros understand what soldiering is like.  Civilians like to think they can relate, but they can't. 

The Marines got kicked out for desecrating the corpses of enemies who had just tried to kill them.  That is punishment enough.  The fact that this is the incident hippies bring up to support modern forces being my lai esque should tell everybody with common sense that the military has come a very far way since Vietnam.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 22, 2014, 02:57:41 AM
The Marines got kicked out for desecrating the corpses of enemies who had just tried to kill them.  That is punishment enough.  The fact that this is the incident hippies bring up to support modern forces being my lai esque should tell everybody with common sense that the military has come a very far way since Vietnam.
Gone from massacring innocent civilians, including young children, and dumping their bodies in ditches or down wells, to pissing on corpses (and torturing people).

...progress!

And there's other recent atrocities far worse than the pissing incident, actually:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmudiyah_killings
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haditha_killings

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

And there is more than that.  Lots more.

The amount of civilians deliberately targeted by American forces still pales in comparisons to almost every past war.  You will always have bad apples, because at the end of the day the military is about killing people.  It has no other point.  And the psychological evaluation of a person who does what is necessary vs the person who does what is unnecessary and over the top is pretty f**king similar.

But those incidents are isolated and involve very small troop numbers.  There is no my lai of a company walking through and f**king everybody up just cause and even my lai was stopped by other soldiers.

Truth is, most civilian casualties in war are killed when a countries infrastructure fail and they run out of water, food, and proper medical care.  And it isn't and never has been close in number.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 22, 2014, 03:25:53 AM
There is no my lai of a company walking through and f**king everybody up just cause and even my lai was stopped by other soldiers.
Not really. It just sort of wound down after a day. "Over the next day, both companies were involved in additional burning and destruction of dwellings, as well as mistreatment of Vietnamese detainees. While some soldiers of Charlie Company did not participate in the crimes, they neither openly protested nor complained later to their superiors." <---soldierbro code!

Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 22, 2014, 03:25:53 AM
Truth is, most civilian casualties in war are killed when a countries infrastructure fail and they run out of water, food, and proper medical care.
...caused by the destabilizing influence of the US presence itself.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed