Eating some babies.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Spoiler
[close]

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Rong on May 04, 2014, 01:27:30 AM
Grass is greener Vicks, I think South Africa is amaze.

Lol they hide underground aspie!!

Kima that's up north need to ride about 6 hours for that, I'm planning that when spring comes back it's just come into winter right now.

Nice photos, Rong.

(And South Africa is amazing if it wasn't for the crime and corruption.)

Rong

Rong

Quote from: Vickers on May 05, 2014, 02:47:39 AM
Quote from: Rong on May 04, 2014, 01:27:30 AM
Grass is greener Vicks, I think South Africa is amaze.

Lol they hide underground aspie!!

Kima that's up north need to ride about 6 hours for that, I'm planning that when spring comes back it's just come into winter right now.

Nice photos, Rong.

(And South Africa is amazing if it wasn't for the crime and corruption.)

The photos don't really capture it to be honest, i'm not the best at taking photos too busy trying to take it all in myself.

Yeah that's the sucky part about SA i desperately want to see more of it, and africa in general something about the place just clicks with me, must be a southern Hemisphere thing.

SM

SM

And the biltong.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Some of the guys went to south Africa for their four day pass.  They liked it.

Vickers

Vickers

Cape Town
The Kruger National Park
Wildlife in general
Barbecues and biltong
And a couple of incredible natural tourist attractions

^ The best parts of South Africa right there. Definitely worth a visit if you know what to do and where to go. But I recently heard about a couple of tourists who came here and spent most of their time in Johannesburg which is basically the worst thing you can do if you want to have a good time and a good impression of South Africa.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

They wen to Johannesburg and since it was an upgrade over Djibouti City they liked it pretty well.  They'd be foolish to judge a country on just one city though. 

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 05, 2014, 05:07:57 AM
They wen to Johannesburg and since it was an upgrade over Djibouti City they liked it pretty well.  They'd be foolish to judge a country on just one city though.

Lol, Djibouti was that bad, huh? :laugh:

Rong

Rong

I think if you had to work and live in african city it probably wouldnt be all that much fun, visiting is always fun.

Vickers

Vickers

Cape Town is a great place to live and work in. Then there are some nice areas outside Cape Town depending on what work you do but for the most part the cities outside Cape Town aren't great.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Vickers on May 05, 2014, 05:11:20 AM

It's pretty shitty.  It's a desert so its hot as f**k in the day but for some reasons never quite explained to me it has a very high humidity.  There was one day it was a 130 degrees Fahrenheit and the humidity made it feel like 140.  Its the most miserable I've ever been in my life.  Luckily like four days later I was gone.

Plus the whole country is on rong's poorfag/ status. 

The Kempinski there is nice as is the French quarters for the French civilians that live there because of businesses.  Everything else is pretty terribad. 

If I had to pick a poor African country to stay in it would be Ethiopia erryday all day.

The heat broke my tolerance for cold as well.  At night it'd get like 77 degrees when we got back and we'd all be shivering. 

SM

SM

Quote from: Vickers on May 05, 2014, 05:20:27 AM
Cape Town is a great place to live and work in. Then there are some nice areas outside Cape Town depending on what work you do but for the most part the cities outside Cape Town aren't great.

Pretoria is decent from my limited exposure to it.  But Cape Town shits all over it in pretty much every respect.

Vickers

Vickers

Pretoria is not too bad but you're right - it's no Cape Town. It has some nice malls and The Union Buildings which is a great place to go to as a tourist but in terms of nature and other activities, it's a little underwhelming. But it is a much better place to live in and visit than Johannesburg - that's for sure.

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 05, 2014, 05:25:46 AM
Quote from: Vickers on May 05, 2014, 05:11:20 AM

It's pretty shitty.  It's a desert so its hot as f**k in the day but for some reasons never quite explained to me it has a very high humidity.  There was one day it was a 130 degrees Fahrenheit and the humidity made it feel like 140.  Its the most miserable I've ever been in my life.  Luckily like four days later I was gone.

Plus the whole country is on rong's poorfag/ status. 

The Kempinski there is nice as is the French quarters for the French civilians that live there because of businesses.  Everything else is pretty terribad. 

If I had to pick a poor African country to stay in it would be Ethiopia erryday all day.

The heat broke my tolerance for cold as well.  At night it'd get like 77 degrees when we got back and we'd all be shivering.

Those temperatures are insane! I'm sure you're drenched in sweat just standing in the shade. Humidity is terrible when factored in with an already hot day.

I've never been up to that part of Africa before.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed