Post Your Collection

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Dec 11, 2006, 04:44:31 PM

Author
Post Your Collection (Read 874,143 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 06, 2016, 03:05:10 PMIf I can get these new sets of shrouds sorted out, I'll send you my old ones. You'd have to strip and repaint them yourself but you could pop that Thompson of yours in them. No idea when that'd be though.

Is this your way of apologising for not giving me a copy of South China Sea? :P

In all seriousness though, that would be immensely generous of you if you did, I'd be very grateful. You sure the postage wouldn't be too much?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 06, 2016, 03:38:04 PM
Is this your way of apologising for not giving me a copy of South China Sea? :P

You can't blame me for that.  :P That's your fault for not mentioning it somewhere I saw and took notice.  :P

QuoteIn all seriousness though, that would be immensely generous of you if you did, I'd be very grateful. You sure the postage wouldn't be too much?

We'll cross that bridge when we get to it. I'm not sure how much the postage would be as I've not really looked into it. I do want to get my spare set sorted and painted, it'll just be a case of when I do it. I have no idea when I'll get round to it but when I do, the old ones will just be sat doing nothing. Better they go to someone who will use them - the shrouds I'd be sending would be the ones on my photo above. It's just a weird texture to the paint.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 06, 2016, 03:48:11 PMI do want to get my spare set sorted and painted, it'll just be a case of when I do it. I have no idea when I'll get round to it but when I do, the old ones will just be sat doing nothing.

Well there's no rush. Like I said, I'd be grateful if you did, but no worries if not! Unless it's extortionate, I'd be happy to pay the postage myself to be honest, you would be giving them to me for free!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 06, 2016, 03:52:14 PM
Well there's no rush. Like I said, I'd be grateful if you did, but no worries if not! Unless it's extortionate, I'd be happy to pay the postage myself to be honest, you would be giving them to me for free!

Like I said, we'll cross that bridge. I'm hoping it'll not be too bad. Just remember to remind me if you see me posting about my upgraded Pulse Rifle!  :P

windebieste

windebieste

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 06, 2016, 01:29:33 PM
I really wanted that little robot USB but didn't manage to find it. Might go looking again shortly. I do have 2 t-shirts though, both of which I love!

It's still around - but you have to hunt for it. 

For example, Polish pre-order editions come with the USB stick and the Seegson T-shirt.  You can find them frequently on Ebay at a reasonable price. 

The package comes with those items but no game, being a pre-order incentive pack with the game being collected by the purchaser upon release.   I've seen a few of these items around lately.

-Windebieste.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Not really a new buy because I got it a while ago, but I've only just got around to reading through The Book of Alien, and I was pleasantly surprised to find a whole bunch of concept artwork I've never seen before in there. Especially all the various unused designs for the Nostromo.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That book is wonderful isn't it. Which version you got? The reprint?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, I really didn't expect it to have so much in it that I'd never seen before.

It's got the original white cover, so it's not the Titan version, but its in far to good of a condition to be an original. There must have been another reprint somewhere along the line.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I got it for secret Santa in college. Was pretty pleased.

windebieste

windebieste

It is a cool book.  I still have my copy bought in '79.  Picked up the re-issue late last year.   The covers may differ but casually looking at them together, they have identical interiors in terms of design and content.   Absolutely love the range of new and reprint editions Titan Books is releasing.  Hopefully one day they will re-release the R. J. Anoble 'ALIEN: Photo Novel'.

By the way, this little marvel arrived in the mail the other day. 

The very rare ReAction 'Special Down Under Edition' of Kane and Friend.

I love factory defects like this; and this one is just too awesome!

-Windebieste.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 08, 2016, 09:46:20 AMI got it for secret Santa in college. Was pretty pleased.

Nice. See, mine's still pristine and white, so they clearly must have done a reprint at some point with the original style cover. If I remember I'll check what the publishing info says inside the cover of my copy.

Quote from: windebieste on Jan 08, 2016, 10:08:10 AMHopefully one day they will re-release the R. J. Anoble 'ALIEN: Photo Novel'.

That's on my wishlist. I haven't done any serious hunting yet but I imagine it'll set me back a bit.

Quote from: windebieste on Jan 08, 2016, 10:08:10 AM
:laugh: Whoops.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 08, 2016, 10:17:10 AM
Quote from: windebieste on Jan 08, 2016, 10:08:10 AMHopefully one day they will re-release the R. J. Anoble 'ALIEN: Photo Novel'.

That's on my wishlist. I haven't done any serious hunting yet but I imagine it'll set me back a bit.

Quote from: windebieste on Jan 08, 2016, 10:08:10 AM
:laugh: Whoops.

I think they go for around £30. I had a look last month and watched a few but haven't brought any yet.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 08, 2016, 10:27:41 AMI think they go for around £30. I had a look last month and watched a few but haven't brought any yet.

Assuming you mean the book, not the Australian toy :P

That's actually far more reasonable than I expected.

windebieste

windebieste

1979 original pressing on left.  Titan books rerelease on right:

The interiors are exactly the same:

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Lol. Yes, I do mean the book. I thought £30 was pretty reasonable too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed