Post Your Collection

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Dec 11, 2006, 04:44:31 PM

Author
Post Your Collection (Read 874,210 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I loved the Art Of book. There was some considerably lovely artwork in there!

windebieste

windebieste

The artbook is great.  There may not have been any Official Collector's Edition of the game released, but the 'Ripley' Edition is certainly almost going to fill that void in the future.  Especially if you can get your hands on an unopened copy of it. 

It's surprising how many items released for the game have become collectible items.  The SDCC comic, T-shirts, the little robot USB stick and a few other items I can't think of right now.  All these things are going to increase in value during the next few years and become sought after items.  Well, that's my guess, anyway. 

Which reminds me.  While we are talking about collections, do you want to know what 20 Kenner Aliens looks like?  Here, check 'em out:

Better bring yer pulse rifle, Corporal Hicks.  You're gonna need it.

I was intending to place more figures in the shot but the table ran out of room to cram any more of this buggers on board.  These Aliens are all in a variety of conditions.  Nothing too bad but they do range from Average to Excellent condition. Obviously, some of them do have some scuffs on their head and missing some glow in the dark paint but they all have their arms attached and can hold a pose.  They can stand up without toppling over and all the jaw activation systems work perfectly. 

Some are missing a few common pieces.  One or two of them are missing tongues and/or sets of teeth.  Some are missing the upper dorsal spike that is frequently missing from between the shoulders.  You can see some of them are missing their head carapaces.  Most of them that do have a carapace present have a reproduction/facsimile piece in place.  There are 3 figures in the back though that are 100% complete with all original parts. 

...and yes.  I do have more.  I'm not actually sure how many.  This would have to be more than half of my collection, though.  I might have up to another dozen of them tucked away in boxes and in storage.  It would appear it's not possible to have too many Aliens. 

I've tried... Oh, God.  How I've tried!

-Windebieste.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: windebieste on Jan 06, 2016, 12:47:41 PMThere may not have been any Official Collector's Edition of the game released, but the 'Ripley' Edition is certainly almost going to fill that void in the future.

I have the Ripley Edition actually. Got it for the Nostromo maps. Good fun.

Quote from: windebieste on Jan 06, 2016, 12:47:41 PMWhich reminds me.  While we are talking about collections, do you want to know what 20 Kenner Aliens looks like?

I find that equal parts creepy and hilarious. They look like they're about to do a musical number or something.

windebieste

windebieste

I like to think that they are waiting at a bus stop. 

Just imagine  being a commuter on the bus when it stops at the kerb and you see this mob is waiting to get on board. 

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: windebieste on Jan 06, 2016, 12:47:41 PM
The artbook is great.  There may not have been any Official Collector's Edition of the game released, but the 'Ripley' Edition is certainly almost going to fill that void in the future.

Did the Ripley Edition come with that mini-artbook? I can't remember which edition and which territory did.

QuoteIt's surprising how many items released for the game have become collectible items.  The SDCC comic, T-shirts, the little robot USB stick and a few other items I can't think of right now.  All these things are going to increase in value during the next few years and become sought after items.  Well, that's my guess, anyway. 

I really wanted that little robot USB but didn't manage to find it. Might go looking again shortly. I do have 2 t-shirts though, both of which I love!

QuoteWhile we are talking about collections, do you want to know what 20 Kenner Aliens looks like? 

Better bring yer pulse rifle, Corporal Hicks.  You're gonna need it.

Show off!!!  :P Here's my damn Pulse Rifle!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 06, 2016, 01:29:33 PMDid the Ripley Edition come with that mini-artbook? I can't remember which edition and which territory did.

Nope, just the game with the two bonus levels. There was a fancier edition in a neat steelbook case, no idea if that came with the book. I have a feeling I never saw a combo set for sale in the UK though.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 06, 2016, 01:29:33 PM

God damn it. WANT.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 06, 2016, 01:52:23 PM
I have a feeling I never saw a combo set for sale in the UK though.

I don't think it came with anything over here, no.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 06, 2016, 01:29:33 PM
God damn it. WANT.

I keep meaning to get my spare shrouds repainted - the ones on there have this horrible texture - and get the internals spruced up and actually take it out for a play.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

One day I shall finally buy one.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Do you airsoft? Or do you just mean a Pulse Rifle replica? Mine is airsoft.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I haven't for years, but I used to. I have a couple of weapons still at home.

As for the Pulse Rifle, I wouldn't care if it was airsoft or not, just want a decent-looking replica for not extortionate monies. It'd be a nice bonus if it was, but wouldn't break the deal if it wasn't.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That's fair enough. I don't think I'd want a none-functional replica myself. I'd actually want it to do something.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 06, 2016, 02:00:19 PM
I haven't for years, but I used to. I have a couple of weapons still at home.

What toys have you got?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

A Thompson M1A1, a Desert Eagle and a Glock 18C (both gas blowback). The Desert Eagle in particular really kicks when you pull the trigger, it's great. I really wanted a 1911 to go with the Tommy gun but they seem to be really hard to get over here, especially WWII-spec ones.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

What brands?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Pretty sure they're all Tokyo Marui. The Thompson and the Deagle definitely are. I'd have to check the Glock.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Good brand then! If I can get these new sets of shrouds sorted out, I'll send you my old ones. You'd have to strip and repaint them yourself but you could pop that Thompson of yours in them. No idea when that'd be though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed