Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 693,607 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I love how that Alien has got the "IM COMINNNNN" expression. And then he's like "peekaboo bitch".
I've read about this poor stuntman myself Vala, 
but the questions are:

1. you got a full front shot and you lay it in the hands of a stuntman? Not Woodruff, like y'now, the experienced guy 'n shit?
2. the scene had really to be shot from this precise angle? Not in any other that could give a better impression?
3. Not one post-production tweak to make it less obvious?

I smell no excuse for that. They could've made something better, didn't give a shit. 'S all.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Nov 23, 2010, 05:06:21 PM1. you got a full front shot and you lay it in the hands of a stuntman? Not Woodruff, like y'now, the experienced guy 'n shit?

Woodruff is a suit actor. Wouldn't have made a world of difference considering there was only one thing the Alien was supposed to do in the scene...bad design doesn't help either.

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Nov 23, 2010, 05:06:21 PM2. the scene had really to be shot from this precise angle? Not in any other that could give a better impression?

The Alien is attacking the chopper with the intent to surprise the audience. How else are you going to get the shot?

Valaquen

Valaquen

I don't think anyone was frightened by the big dollop of rubber bouncing off the glass. Of course, intentions... :)

SM

SM

QuoteThe Alien is attacking the chopper with the intent to surprise the audience.

Why wouldn't the intent be to smash the f**king windshield and kill the woman?  I mean they're already channelling Aliens so much - why not do it properly and copy the scene on the APC?

Oh yeah - lack of talent.

(Or did they already copy that scene earlier?)

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: SM on Nov 24, 2010, 04:52:37 AM
QuoteThe Alien is attacking the chopper with the intent to surprise the audience.

Why wouldn't the intent be to smash the f**king windshield and kill the woman?  I mean they're already channelling Aliens to much - why not do it properly and copy the scene on the APC?

I'd rather they copy the drop ship scene with Farro personally...

Valaquen

Valaquen

Or the ending of the second, dreadful Resident Evil movie...

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 23, 2010, 09:05:30 PM
Woodruff is a suit actor.
One of the best suit actors you can get, too.

Wouldn't have made a world of difference considering there was only one thing the Alien was supposed to do in the scene...
Would've, instead. The movements in that scene are lazy and uninspired, Woodruff would have done loads better than that.

The Alien is attacking the chopper with the intent to surprise the audience. How else are you going to get the shot?
Tremors 2 or The Lost World tell loads on how to do a shot like that. The thing failed to convince, failed to scare, failed in every possible intention it could have.

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

I love how the Alien literally hits the glass and bounces off. It doesn't even reel back like a living creature; it bounces off.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Nov 24, 2010, 04:52:37 AM

Why wouldn't the intent be to smash the f**king windshield and kill the woman?  I mean they're already channelling Aliens so much - why not do it properly and copy the scene on the APC?

Kill the woman yes, but it was supposed to surprise the audience as well with a standard "boo" tactic. Failed miserably, but the intent is still there.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Nov 24, 2010, 12:24:19 PM
One of the best suit actors you can get, too.
His idea of looking like an alien monster is posing like he's about to start the chicken dance.

QuoteWoodruff would have done loads better than that.
Why? There are plenty of crap shots Woodruff was involved in.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Woodruff was terrible in AVPR. The last time he was directed well, to me, was Alien 3.

SiL

SiL

About the only time he was directed well in the suit.

Unless he was in Aliens while working for Winston.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: SiL on Nov 25, 2010, 10:09:22 AM
About the only time he was directed well in the suit.

Unless he was in Aliens while working for Winston.
Nah, he wasn't suited in Aliens. His first suit job came after Aliens. Gillman, I believe.

SM

SM

QuoteKill the woman yes, but it was supposed to surprise the audience as well with a standard "boo" tactic. Failed miserably, but the intent is still there.

Then it should've smashed the glass with the "boo".

Ghostface

Ghostface

If it were in true alien fashion, she would have looked around, seen nothing, turned back to have a close up of an alien opening its lips, dripping with drool, seconds before a headbite. Then the pizza boy would have taken with his brother to get face-raped. Would have made for a better ending...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed