Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 693,642 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Valaquen on Aug 26, 2010, 08:12:56 PMAnd remember, a good deal of the Aliens came from facehuggers that escaped the Predator ship.
I remember 2... maybe 3. Well, at least one of them showed some kind of intelligence (Power Plant).

delsaber8

delsaber8

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Aug 26, 2010, 09:02:38 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Aug 26, 2010, 08:12:56 PMAnd remember, a good deal of the Aliens came from facehuggers that escaped the Predator ship.
I remember 2... maybe 3. Well, at least one of them showed some kind of intelligence (Power Plant).
That was really the only cool scene for the aliens at least I can't think of any others.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

National Guard scene was another.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Valaquen on Aug 26, 2010, 07:55:31 PM
Quote from: delsaber8 on Aug 26, 2010, 07:39:38 PM
Maybe the Aliens are defective because the predalien bypassed the egg and facehugger stage.
Maybe because Salerno and the Strauses bypassed the write a good script and get some skills stage.

lol

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 26, 2010, 11:12:37 PM
It's weird but, I actually don't recall anything from this scene.

Requiem28

Requiem28

well, just think of this.  they almost took out a whole town.  ;)

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

We see less than a dozen Aliens in a town of thousands.

I think it's pretty safe to say that the situation was completely salvageable without the nuke.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Drago-Morph on Aug 27, 2010, 01:44:15 AM

I think it's pretty safe to say that the situation was completely salvageable without the nuke.
It was 400 something.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

We see that many, but that's only confirmed. For all we know, the town could have been overrun.

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

There are only two places the Aliens should have been at the end of the film; at the hive, which was being heavily assaulted; or at the congregation of hosts in the center of town, who were all unarmed. Between those two places, we saw less than a dozen.

delsaber8

delsaber8

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 26, 2010, 11:12:37 PM
Yah that did them some justice but I hate the scene were the dude looks into the car and then an Alien pops out behind him and kills him I always found that cheesy.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Yeah, it would've worked better had the Alien actually grabbed him first.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: BLAIN on Aug 27, 2010, 01:45:23 AM

It was 400 something.
Wikipedia reports the real Gunnison as of 5409 inhabitants. Since the AvPR Gunnison is set in a fictional universe, the number may vary; but I'd say it is more or less along the real one.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The number used in one of the Requiem trailers was 5476 so yeah, they kept it within the ballpark. All the same though I highly doubt the film wanted to create the idea that every inhabitant had become an Alien otherwise half of the film wouldn't have happened due to lack of cast :P

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I would've preferred the entire city to be overrun by Aliens, and then we see Wolf Predator almost covered in them, and while they rip his flesh and gut him, he activates the wristbomb and dies, throwing it back to the flashback of the previous film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed