Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 693,621 times)

SiL

SiL

Got manhandled and manhandled. Two opponents of near equal strength going at it - the fight looked like how it should.

PredalienXenomorph

PredalienXenomorph

Except random swinging and rolling.

StealthHunter

StealthHunter

As a hardcore fan of the Predator character and movies, I can honestly say that the fanboys need to f**king stop bitching and moaning about 1 Alien killing 2 Predators. In fact there should have never been any complaints in the first place. This is based purely on the fact that if Danny "I'm getting too old for this Color Purple shit" Glover can kill 1 Predator all by himself, then an Alien should sure as f**k have the ability to kill 2 of them as well.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Especially if they're forced into CQC conditions.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: PredalienXenomorph on Jul 14, 2010, 06:34:32 AM
Except random swinging and rolling.
That's pretty much how real fights go when you get on the ground. You try to get on top of the other guy, which is exactly what they were doing.

PredalienXenomorph

PredalienXenomorph

I was talking about the wierd no contact exchange while standing and Grid's reaction to the kick that sent him flying.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Eh, it was more embarrassing watching them stand up and trade. That was random swinging.

StealthHunter

StealthHunter

No it wasn't. Celtic took a few swings with his wristblades and Grid blocked the shots with his tail.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It was random swinging. They were standing in square positions, no head movement, no real technique, nothing.

StealthHunter

StealthHunter

When you're in a real brawl, technique kinda goes out the window. And besides, I think if an Alien was shown using anything resembling technique it would look pretty f**king ridiculous. This isn't an MMA match.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The Predator should have been showing technique. And he didn't. And in a real brawl, you'd best be moving if you don't what your ass kicked. Neither creature did that.

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

Quote from: StealthHunter on Jul 14, 2010, 10:37:44 PM
When you're in a real brawl, technique kinda goes out the window. And besides, I think if an Alien was shown using anything resembling technique it would look pretty f**king ridiculous. This isn't an MMA match.
Which in itself, looks pretty ridiculous to begin with.

StealthHunter

StealthHunter

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 14, 2010, 11:09:52 PM
The Predator should have been showing technique. And he didn't. And in a real brawl, you'd best be moving if you don't what your ass kicked. Neither creature did that.

Did you happen to watch the final battle between Dutch and Anytime? You see those strikes Anytime threw?.. Yeah, they didn't look like they had much technique to me - looked pretty damn goofy and awkward actually. Sure that was quite the brutal beatdown, but it wasn't the most impressive from a technical standpoint.

SiL

SiL

Preds aren't fighters, they're brawlers and hunters.

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

Ah, you mean rednecks :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed