Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 693,755 times)

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Again I'm going to say, AVP:R is far far worse than AvP. Not that AVP is good... it's simply much better than it's sequel.

But for the Pred Design... come on people!

Wolf still looks fake and octopussy and everything... but please don't tell me you found the Preds in AVP more convincing? Hell no! They were the fakest I've ever seen... and those brows, the way they moved and that ugly ugly inner mouth... bah... na sorry... Wolf looks better hands down.

btw: It's not just the armor that makes them fat. The Preds in AVP WERE fat. E.G. when Celtic jumps down to the Grid Alien that's in the net, you can see that the Guy in the Suit was not Ian Whyte and that they used a stuntman for that shot... so 1st of all the Pred looks really small, 2nd it really is fat... full stop

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SamHain on Apr 25, 2010, 04:40:08 PM
thats a behind-the-scenes picture, he looked better in the movie
Looked like an octopus anyway.

So you dont care when one of main creatures is show as a loser? Isnt that the one of the main reasons that you hate AVPr, for showing the aliens like nothing?
I'm not one of those fanboys which just sees the creatures and nothing else while watching the film. Yes, both are awful, but I'm one of those that hates AvPR because it, fundamentally, sucks.
I'll rephrase what I said in another thread:
Quote from: Me, Myself and I on Apr 23, 2010, 02:51:49 PMUnlike most people out there, I hate AvPR mainly not for what it did to the creatures, ruining their imagery and stuff. Yes, those events add a good slice to the garbage of the film, but I hate that film simply because it's futile. Pointless and gratitious violence onscreen and nothing more. Nothing. NOTHING!
Character development, plot development, pacing, tension, nothing! Disgust! End of the point of the film! Disgust at the beginning, disgust walkthrough, disgust at the end! Disgust that reachs its pointless apex in the infamous maternity ward scene, which is the most gratitious splatter crap I have ever, ever seen!
The characters can't hold a candle if compared to any other characters in either franchise. Even the Prisoners from the theatrical cut of Alien3 hold better, sheesh! The plot, while irrisory and mundane, had potentials. Lots and lots of potentials. Hell, put a Queen in the sewers in a Alligator fashion, make the Predalien more memorable and not just something put into there just for the sake of coolzorz, make a more memorable Predator, or more than one... nothing. Whole film doesn't make you feel anything but disgust. And the final fight? Woodruff and Whyte just wasted their time and talents.
And don't get me started on how both creatures were awful. Chet was decent.

... or a TV with great quality
I have a big HD Television. Still 80% of the film is barely able to be seen.

I was talking about the way the were showed in the movie, not the design
But the creature design is how the creatures look...

SamHain

SamHain

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 25, 2010, 06:54:17 PM

The only scenes that were that dark were the sewers, shop store and the hospital, the rest was fine

But the creature design is how the creatures look...

That was a response to when you talked about photography, and that the alien in avp didnt looked like a man in the suit unlike avpr and that Anderson showed them in a better way, here:

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 25, 2010, 02:40:51 PM

Photography: You can see at least something, and you can't make out that the Aliens are guy in suits in 99.9% of the whole film, because Anderson knows how to shoot Aliens.

So I said that they were showed in the same way for me

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: SamHain on Apr 25, 2010, 07:47:02 PM

The only scenes that were that dark were the sewers, shop store and the hospital, the rest was fine

And those were supposed to be the big, exciting fights. They failed miserably. Also, the part with the National Guard.

SamHain

SamHain

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Apr 25, 2010, 08:56:37 PM

And those were supposed to be the big, exciting fights. They failed miserably. Also, the part with the National Guard.

Look I know it was dark but its possible to see whats going on

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Not without getting a migrain in the process. ;D

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: SamHain on Apr 25, 2010, 09:04:42 PM

You can tell that something's hitting something else. You can't tell what's hitting something else, since it's so damn dark. Add the Predator and Predalien in the same room, and you have no chance of understanding what the hell's happening, since they both have f**king tentacles hanging off their heads. It was incredibly poorly done, and whoever did the editing for that film should commit seppuku.

First Blood

First Blood

The National Guards arrival had so much potential, but they killed them all of them off in less than 30 seconds. So highly trained troops can't survive but a pizza boy can...

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

The way I see it, there were three potential perspectives they could have made the main focus of the story:

1. The military's.

2. The townspeople holed up in the central square.

3. The pizza-boy, with the Ripley wannabe, the Newt stand-in, and a few other bland, completely indistinguishable characters.

Why, of those three, they went with the third we will never know.

SamHain

SamHain

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Apr 25, 2010, 09:11:20 PM
You can tell that something's hitting something else. You can't tell what's hitting something else, since it's so damn dark. Add the Predator and Predalien in the same room, and you have no chance of understanding what the hell's happening, since they both have f**king tentacles hanging off their heads. It was incredibly poorly done, and whoever did the editing for that film should commit seppuku.

Actually I can see who is hitting who in the fights, just pay attention dude...

First Blood

First Blood

It's hard to "pay attention" when the room is pitch black.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

You can generally tell who's hitting who judging from the shiny outlines. The problem is that you can't make out the details.

Such a waste of ADI's talents.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: SamHain on Apr 25, 2010, 10:45:18 PM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Apr 25, 2010, 09:11:20 PM

Actually I can see who is hitting who in the fights, just pay attention dude...

This is supposed to be a "switch off and watch" film. I shouldn't have to pay that close attention to figure out what's going on. Again, I reiterate: the man in charge of editing this piece of shit should commit seppuku.

Quote from: TJ Doc on Apr 25, 2010, 10:52:08 PM
You can generally tell who's hitting who judging from the shiny outlines. The problem is that you can't make out the details.

Such a waste of ADI's talents.

It's still damn annoying, especially when they got the Predalien in on the mix.

"Wait, what? Did the Predator just get thrown through the wall, or was it the other guy? Oh, screw it!" *switches channel*

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SamHain on Apr 25, 2010, 09:04:42 PM

Finally, someone else besides me who isn't blind.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

You mean a fellow superbeing. Or a guy that has a copy of the film that wasn't edited by an idiot.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed