Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 689,740 times)

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

god i hate that end fight, just seems like 2 grown men in suits play fighting.  :-\

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Quote from: MadassAlex on Apr 18, 2010, 03:58:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR9bhuIqdtc

Um, sorry, but I don't think the video's working.

I can't see anything, it's just black.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: TJ Doc on Apr 19, 2010, 12:33:48 PM
@ 1:05

And then Chet just... chundered everywhar!
Quote from: Lt. Mike Harrigan on Apr 19, 2010, 12:52:30 PM
Um, sorry, but I don't think the video's working.

:D :D :D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Lt. Mike Harrigan on Apr 19, 2010, 12:52:30 PM
Youtube these days!!!

And it's actually the first time I notice that Wolf got a hit from the Inner jaw in the shoulder. May the AvPR photography be damned forever.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I saw the fight perfectly. Chet tackled Wolf, threw into the pipes, picked him, bit him in the shoulder, then Wolf grabbed Chet's head and slammed it into the pipes before being pinned at the shoulders.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I never thinked of it, but AvPR is the first film in both Alien and Predator franchises in which:
-A Kid gets chestburstered onscreen (in A3 we just see Newt's corpse, we don't see the moment in which she dies).
-A Pregnant Woman gets chestburstered (more like wombustered) onscreen
-A Predator is killed by Human Weaponry (P1 by a Log; P2 by his own disk; AvP all three by aliens)
:-\

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 19, 2010, 06:01:58 PM
I never thinked of it, but AvPR is the first film in both Alien and Predator franchises in which:
-A Kid gets chestburstered onscreen (in A3 we just see Newt's corpse, we don't see the moment in which she dies).
-A Predator is killed by Human Weaponry (P1 by a Log; P2 by his own disk; AvP all three by aliens)
The first one didn't bother me so bad because the kid acted like he had a tummy-ache, and then, to my bad memory of the film, we saw a shadow of the 'burster... or did we actually see it? Can't remember... either way, they were CG 'bursters, and very bad.
The second one was unnecessary and I won't watch that scene again. I like to be scared or terrified, not disgusted.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Both scenes were poorly executed, but I like them only because the Brothers weren't afraid to push boundaries of who dies in the film. Gotta respect that.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 19, 2010, 06:05:57 PM
The first one didn't bother me so bad because the kid acted like he had a tummy-ache, and then, to my bad memory of the film, we saw a shadow of the 'burster... or did we actually see it? Can't remember... either way, they were CG 'bursters, and very bad.
They werre 3/4 CG and 1/4 Animatronics. And yes, we see the Chestburster. It least I did in the unrated version (which I didn't even know of it being the unrated). :-\

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 19, 2010, 06:10:48 PM
Both scenes were poorly executed, but I like them only because the Brothers weren't afraid to push boundaries of who dies in the film. Gotta Bash that.
Fixed. ;D

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Sure.

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

I like how Chet just stands and watches as Wolf removes his mask and armour!

Not.

Keg

Keg

That was something I thought was taken too far. "oh they didnt like the lack of gore in AVP eh. well lets just go way over the top to compensate". Pathetic. Whoever sanctioned and allowed the pregnant women getting...impregnated...scene is an idiot. Somebody should have pulled the brothers aside and said, look the film is gory enough, this isnt a Saw sequel or Hostel, and not to mention it seriously f**kS WITH CANON. Thats all boys carry on.

Unfortunately nobody did.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

What's wrong with seeing a pregnant women explode with aliens?

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Just that it's unnecessary show-off. 'Hah, we can make it this gory, we're cool, dah moviez cool'. I have this feeling coming from all the over used blood in the movie. And it looks rather ridiculous and disgusting.
Even too bloody movies can be done great, and can be done like sh*t. The good one creeps me or makes me laugh (when it's the purpose), the other makes me laugh (like how bad it is) or simply disgusts me.
As I see it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed