AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 691,885 times)

SiL

SiL

And if the post came across as angry, it was directed at the movie, not you :P

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

This film can inspire quite passionate emotions.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 19, 2010, 07:59:30 PM
What's wrong with seeing a pregnant women explode with aliens?

its just over the top, so it loses it shock factor

just like the first final destination, the deaths were scary and beliveable but didnt show a whole heap in the death scenes.

BUT Final Destination 4 is just so over the top its ridiculous, not scary and is just laughable. dunno why nowadays they choose "over-the top cgi gore" over "suspense built kills"

Keg

Keg

More importantly why does nobody ever seem to pick up on what i said earlier, and ive said it before in other threads. The whole idea of the maternity ward is ridiculous, non-sensical, moronic and doesnt make any shred of sense whatsoever. It proves there was no thought to it and that they just came up with the idea but never justified or explained its presence in the film.  Heres why.

Quote from: Keg on Apr 19, 2010, 10:34:08 PM
The more I think about it, the dafter it gets as well. Why does it only work on pregnant women? Why cant it impregnate normal humans that way? Pretty stupid way of reproducing if you aint got pregnant women handy. Which brings me to my next point. It comes across the pregnant lady in the diner and face rapes her. Fair enough thats coincidence. But then it just so happens to stumble across a maternity ward full of pregnant women....just what it needs? Come on, thats a coincidence too far. Could it smell the thick stench of pregnancy, did it ask the woman in the diner for directions before it face raped her, did it follow road signs to the hospital? HOW THE f**k DID IT KNOW. Its far too huge a coincidence and its too big of a suspension of belief for me to accept it.

It literally is in the film for the sole purpose that somebody thought it would be a cool idea. There was no thought as to how it could work or make sense at all.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 19, 2010, 11:17:13 PM
I wasn't. It's a movie; ergo anyone is up for grabs. And I'm rather confident an Alien wouldn't discriminate against anyone. It won't look at a Jew and say "Poor people have suffered for so long throughout history, I should probably leave that curly haired man alone".
I'm not contrary to it. I'm contrary to showing it onscreen. It's increedibly unnecessary, it's done only for the gore's sake, and it's fundamentally disgusting. I don't see a film if it's going to make me feel sick.

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Apr 20, 2010, 03:11:34 AM
This film can inspire quite passionate emotions.
Yep. Something that exits your mouth and falls in a flusher.

Quote from: Keg on Apr 20, 2010, 10:58:32 AM
More importantly why does nobody ever seem to pick up on what i said earlier, and ive said it before in other threads. The whole idea of the maternity ward is ridiculous, non-sensical, moronic and doesnt make any shred of sense whatsoever. It proves there was no thought to it and that they just came up with the idea but never justified or explained its presence in the film.  Heres why.

Quote from: Keg on Apr 19, 2010, 10:34:08 PM
The more I think about it, the dafter it gets as well. Why does it only work on pregnant women? Why cant it impregnate normal humans that way? Pretty stupid way of reproducing if you aint got pregnant women handy. Which brings me to my next point. It comes across the pregnant lady in the diner and face rapes her. Fair enough thats coincidence. But then it just so happens to stumble across a maternity ward full of pregnant women....just what it needs? Come on, thats a coincidence too far. Could it smell the thick stench of pregnancy, did it ask the woman in the diner for directions before it face raped her, did it follow road signs to the hospital? HOW THE f**k DID IT KNOW. Its far too huge a coincidence and its too big of a suspension of belief for me to accept it.

It literally is in the film for the sole purpose that somebody thought it would be a cool idea. There was no thought as to how it could work or make sense at all.
I agree Keg. T'was a plot device.

Keg

Keg

It's a major what the f**k moment thats what it is. It doesnt make a lick of sense. The only way it can, is if its all down to coincidence. If so its the biggest bloody coincidence ive ever heard of.

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

I always gathered Chet could kinda sense them, the pregnant women I mean, and was 'drawn' if you will to the hospital?

Keg

Keg

and didnt strike you as the most retarded excuse of all time. it can only use pregnant women as hosts? I will never be able to accept how utterly mental that whole idea is and how utterly stupid that scene is. It turns it from a bad movie into a non-sensical mess.

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

No, don't get me wrong, I know it's dumb!

I'm just assuming that was the Director's reasoning.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: Lt. Mike Harrigan on Apr 20, 2010, 12:30:54 PM
I'm just assuming that was the Director's reasoning.

We'll never understand what the f**k they were thinking.......

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

This... is going under my sig.

Keg

Keg

Quote from: TJ Doc on Apr 20, 2010, 01:55:50 PM

Hahahahaha. Thats buckled me. Awww man. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah hahahahahaha ROFL.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

For the record, I personally don't really care about the extent of violence in a film - what matters is its context. AvPR had awful context.

Keg

Keg

Neither do if its justified but it's just brainless in AVPR. Like you said the context was all wrong and it didnt work.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on Apr 20, 2010, 02:45:08 AM
And if the post came across as angry, it was directed at the movie, not you :P

No harm done :)

Quote from: TJ Doc on Apr 20, 2010, 01:55:50 PM

Giggity!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed