AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 689,726 times)

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

No, he can f**k off.

Specificially:

Quote from: MastaMarek on Feb 26, 2010, 11:50:43 PM
stop bullshieting around with some avatar crap and get your ass to direct a proper movie for fans, not some elf fetish for homos.

I don't even like Avatar, but that was just homophobic, narrow-minded tripe.

The "mindless action" he wants isn't in the spirit of either of the franchises, either. He might look to reevaluate his views on Alien and Predator if action is all he wants.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: MadassAlex on Feb 27, 2010, 01:01:33 AM
No, he can f**k off.

I have a better idea. Don't act like a butt-hurt idiot because he enjoys a film you dislike.

Carry on.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 27, 2010, 01:10:33 AM
Don't act like a butt-hurt idiot because he enjoys a film you dislike.
He wasn't. He specifically quoted the part he took issue with - Which has nothing to do with the guy liking AvPR.

Bevo2506

Bevo2506

Quote from: MadassAlex on Feb 27, 2010, 01:01:33 AM
No, he can f**k off.

Dude its their opinion you can't change it. Just sit back and read and have a good ol chat with or fav AVP or AVPR.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on Feb 27, 2010, 01:14:30 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 27, 2010, 01:10:33 AM
Don't act like a butt-hurt idiot because he enjoys a film you dislike.
He wasn't. He specifically quoted the part he took issue with - Which has nothing to do with the guy liking AvPR.

The response, "he can f**k off" came prior to that quotation.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 27, 2010, 01:16:37 AM
Yes, which he then justified with, "Specifically", followed by the quote.

Puks

Puks

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on Feb 27, 2010, 01:22:36 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 27, 2010, 01:16:37 AM
Yes, which he then justified with, "Specifically", followed by the quote.

I really don't care. He still shouldn't speak to another member like that, no matter how much he disagrees with the post.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: Bevo2506 on Feb 27, 2010, 01:15:23 AM
Dude its their opinion you can't change it. Just sit back and read and have a good ol chat with or fav AVP or AVPR.

I don't give a damn about his opinion on movies.

Xenokiller

Xenokiller

Something that made me upsett about both movies is the really, REALLY short incubation period. I think it might be caused by the predators tampering with the alien's genes. I mean, what predator wants to wait a few days for that alien to come out?

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: SamHain on Feb 27, 2010, 12:57:39 AM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Feb 27, 2010, 12:25:43 AM
AVPR > AVP anytime of the day or night. Paul Anderson can go hang himself. Everything sucked about AVP. At least in AVPR we got some R action and blood. Also how can AVP story be better then AVPR!? Its not like any of these movies are a sequel to Citizen Kane. AVP movie should have a lot of mindless action and predators raping aliens and everything else that moves. AVPR was pretty good. I give it 8/10. I didn't care for acting of characters as they all died anyway so I was satisfied. The black girl and that itialian dude in AVP were more then annoying, and they were teh main characters. sic. pretty much ruins the whole movie as they cant die. Hope AVP3 will be a huge step up as none of those AVP movies so far were any good. Where is Arnie? where is James Cameron? stop bullshieting around with some avatar crap and get your ass to direct a proper movie for fans, not some elf fetish for homos.

See the video directly above your post for my response.

Cant you just accept his opinion and stop acting like a jerk?

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to lie; that post made me laugh.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

Troll warning, I got a report about this thread, lets keep it on topic guys.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

The criiticism of the poster's view was justified - but the "he can f**k off" part wasn't. Not on a forum where it's in the rules to not insult fellow members.

At least in AVPR we got some R action and blood.

Which doesn't really solve anything. Even if it hadn't been for the chestburster scene, 'Alien' would still be hailed as a masterpiece.

Likewise for the original 'Predator' and doing away with the cleaning of skulls.

QuoteAlso how can AVP story be better then AVPR!? Its not like any of these movies are a sequel to Citizen Kane.

Doesn't have to be a work of art to have more substance or characters with slightly more rounded out backgrounds/personalities.

QuoteAVP movie should have a lot of mindless action and predators raping aliens and everything else that moves.

On the contrary. The action should be good, not "mindless". When it becomes mindless, it turns into something generic and boring.

And quite what the point of a 'versus' concept is, when youv'e already decided that one faction is always going to be far superior to the other, I don't know... The ideal way is to make it a real clash of the titans. the tension is upped when the victor is unpredictable.

QuoteAVPR was pretty good. I give it 8/10. I didn't care for acting of characters as they all died anyway so I was satisfied. The black girl and that itialian dude in AVP were more then annoying, and they were teh main characters. sic. pretty much ruins the whole movie as they cant die.

You've just written it yourself: You didn't care about the characters. Much of what made 'Alien' and 'Aliens so good, was that we cared about the characters.

Why?

Because when they do die, it gives us an emotional impact.

Compare and contrast the characters from 'Predator', who we grow to at least like or appreciated, to those in its sequel, who are largely forgotten by just about any viewer, aside from die hard fans. That's one of the reasons why the original is remembered fondly, but why reviews from anyone other than fans of the series, mostly herald the second film as poor by comparison.

Were Alexa and so on, incredibly great characters? Not really, but the basis was there and we get a little bit more of an emotional handle on their mentalities, compared to those in the sequel. Weyland, in particular, was well handled and largely a testament to the actor who portrayed them.

QuoteHope AVP3 will be a huge step up as none of those AVP movies so far were any good. Where is Arnie? where is James Cameron? stop bullshieting around with some avatar crap and get your ass to direct a proper movie for fans, not some elf fetish for homos.

Your latter comment is a sign of severe arrogance. Watch 'Avatar' before you label it that way, because anybody who does would find that remark laughable.

As for wanting Arnie back... Why? Other than doing so purely for the sake of it? It's not like a species which relies on thermal vision is ever going to be able to track Dutch down - or even realise what he did, all that long time ago (even if they did, it would contradict the second film, which inferred respect for an opponent which demonstrates an ability to beat them).

SiL

SiL

QuoteEven if it hadn't been for the chestburster scene, 'Alien' would still be hailed as a masterpiece.
Although, interestingly, if it wasn't for that scene it never would have been made in the first place :P

szuran

szuran

AVPR is dumb and doesn't have interesting characters, sure, but I accept that. Why? Because I accept this kind of entertainment, too. Sometimes I like to watch Commando or Marked for Death - those are cheesy, but entertaining movies, with C-grade plot and F-grade acting. So what? I don't want to watch Citizen Kane every night. If those movies don't annoy me (like AVP or any Michael Bay movie), I accept them. AVPR doesn't annoy me. Period.

Besides, when you got shitty AVP movie and there were talks about the sequel, did any of you expect it to be someting that we could compare to the first Alien? AVPR stands on it's own as a high-budget fan movie, not related to the canon; a "what if" story. It has some great scenes and nice sets, and it's better than I expected. Some mindless fun. Sometimes I need it. And you too. If you didn't Michael goddamn Bay wouldn't be making another crappy Transformers movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed