Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 689,662 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I meant to say that it made me want to gouge out my eyes. Fortunately, there were no suitable object for that task in the immediate vicinity.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

See, now you've been caught exaggerating the truth... everything you've said and ever will say shall forever be drawn into question.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 30, 2009, 02:55:05 AM
I'll bite, that vid was awesomesauce :D

Meh, I'll take AvP:R over A:R, AvP, and A3 any day of the week. At least it kept me entertained.

You and I agree on most things, but man, I'll just never get this.

I mean, really? Really?

Oh well.  :D

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Ya, really. A:R was stupid and unnecessary, AvP was boring as shit, and A:3 wasn't needed (though it's still a tolerable film).

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Why is AvP:R still winning?

Is there anyone left in this age of Transformers movies who has even a smidgen of decent taste?

I despair.  :(

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 30, 2009, 02:05:18 PM
stupid and unnecessary, boring as shit, wasn't needed.

AvPR in a nutshell.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Meh.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

But it's truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Not to me, it's not.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

I can't think of what AvPR possibly contributed to AvP, ALIEN or Predator.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Not as if A:R or AvP added anything.

Puks

Puks

I watched AvP again a few days ago and I quite enjoyed it until the interspecies "marriage". Can't say the same about AvPR.. the teen drama is horrible.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

AvP bored me from the get go. Hardly any action, too much talking, dumb Predators, poor Alien designs, and a dumb script.

Sure AvP:R suffered from the same problems but at least it kept me awake.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 30, 2009, 02:05:18 PM
Ya, really. A:R was stupid and unnecessary, AvP was boring as shit, and A:3 wasn't needed (though it's still a tolerable film).

But AvP:R was stupid and unnecessary too. AvP. yeah that was boring as shit, but still had better writing than AvP:R (though, shit is shit, even if one stinks less than another). A3 wasn't needed, thats true, but the movie was still good (far beyond AvP:R, at the least); also, AvP:R wasn't needed at all either.

Though, I can see your point that there is more action value in it, but at what cost? You get passed the one dimensional Dawson's Creek reject cast, the idiotic predators, the aliens whos hosts must have done speedballs during pregnancy, the awkward dialogue, the conflicts with the source material, the obviously just for shock to distract from the rest of the movie gore, and the walking abomination that was the Pred-Alien, and the action is tolerable.

AvP is a missed opportunity, and the overall idea isn't that bad. AvP is a movie that could be fixed with a few changes here and there.

AvP:R on the other hand just needs a massive overhaul.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

AvP:R was poorly executed to the point of almost no return. I say almost because both AvP movies had something the other lacked.

A:R was just...what the hell was the point? The franchise already took a dive with Alien 3 and it was stupid. Bad acting, slapstick humour (when did Alien movies become funny?), and an abomination that was at least 100 times uglier than any Predalien.

AvP had close to an A-list cast with names like Ewan Bremner, Sanaa Lathan, and Lance Henriksen and totally wasted their talents. I'm not sure who I have more sympathy for, that cast or AvP:R's.

War Wager

War Wager

I'd feel way more sympathy for the 'Requiem' cast. Infact I'd feel most sympathy for Reiko Aylesworth, not just because she's a good actress that got dragged into crud, but because she actually tried to make it seem like something it wasn't. In an interview, she said the movie was about survival and the sacrifices people would have to make to save their loved ones. A good moral story. Of course, it's not. Johnny Lewis pretty much nailed it when he said "the intent is awesomeness".

If that's not shallow I don't know what is.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed