Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 691,698 times)

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

I think you're reading "bred" the wrong way.

The implication is that the Predators found the Aliens and considered them the most worthy opponents they had ever encountered. Using their superior technology, they captured eggs and used lesser species to breed Aliens for the hunt.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: MadassAlex on Sep 16, 2009, 06:49:19 PM
I think you're reading "bred" the wrong way.

The implication is that the Predators found the Aliens and considered them the most worthy opponents they had ever encountered. Using their superiority technology, they captured eggs and used lesser species to breed Aliens for the hunt.

I just bought  AvP, the blu-ray disc. Man, it felt like a diffrent movie, it had a trivia section where they were giving information in form of a report in small blue boxes during the movie.
They acually reffered the Predator as YAUTJA! How cool ain't that!!!
Now don't get me wrong, I don't see "movie Yautja" the same as "comic Yautja".
It's like x-men comics contra the movies.
They are different, some might prefer movie x-men over the comic,
I prefer movie Yautja over the comic ones.
Now I would like to change my vote, I voted AvP-R the first time.
AvP is the better movie.

And to post something related to the previous post in this topic.

Quote from: CHAINS on Sep 16, 2009, 12:35:37 PM

yeah regretfull they are canon. the story they created to make them fit in the same continuity just didn't work at all! that aliens were bred for the hunt was just dumb! they have to be allot older than the predator race!

I think that MadassAlex is right. The Predators didn't create the aliens, they found them somewere and started to breed them for the hunt.
Anyone entering the pyramid is agreeing to become a host for the alien, that's why the entrance says "only the choosen ones may enter", once you enter then you are one among the choosen.
Other that are allowed to enter are the hunters, that's why Lex didn't get killed and was tolerated...
first, she didn't become a host
Second, she killed an Alien.

The team-up ain't wrong, she did what the Predators came there to do.
And she was the only one among the hunters that didn't fail.

Rabies

Rabies

That was what I was trying to say

SM

SM

QuoteSecond, she killed an Alien.

An Alien walked onto the spear she was holding.  Boy it's simple to get in on the Preds posse, yo!

Puks

Puks

:D lol  :D

CHAINS

CHAINS

yeah but that whole finding them story was created for the sole purpose to make them fit in the same universe and thus helped create avp(which aliens did kick butt in)

Rabies

Rabies

the second predator movie bound the two together, clearly displayed in the trophy case is an Alien skull

SM

SM

Just like ET and 2001 are bound to Star Wars...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Rabies on Sep 17, 2009, 02:04:35 AM
the second predator movie bound the two together, clearly displayed in the trophy case is an Alien skull

The skull was a gag insert. Nothing more, nothing less.

Rabies

Rabies

Really? I feel stupid then

CHAINS

CHAINS

it left the idea hanging for the avp movie though it was a gag!

Milan

Milan

Quote from: SM on Sep 16, 2009, 11:31:45 PM
QuoteSecond, she killed an Alien.

An Alien walked onto the spear she was holding.  Boy it's simple to get in on the Preds posse, yo!

Walked???
The Alien was chargeing at her, she took the spear and defended herself with it,
Her action killed the alien, she had both a killer and a warrior instinct, that instinct made her accepted.
She could have froze as most humans do seconds before an Alien attack but she didn't.
If Celtic would have done the same thing he would have survived the fight with Grid...
Not only did Scars two fellow hunters die at their confrontation with the aliens they did it without being able
to kill one, Lex didn't only survive she managed to kill the alien while it was attacking her and she did it with a spear, not a gun, rifle or a granade against an Alien who didn't know that it was being targeted.

I wouldn't call it simple or hard for that matter, she acted upon her instinct, by reflex, it just happened.
She had a warrior spirit and didn't even know it.

Rabies

Rabies

When Leonidas did it with the wolf it was bad ass, but he planned it she just kind of reacted, had she stalked it I could see her getting respect but she had a losing hand up until the last minute just cause she got lucky doesn't mean anything

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Milan on Sep 18, 2009, 04:00:50 PM
I wouldn't call it simple or hard for that matter, she acted upon her instinct, by reflex, it just happened.

Warrior spirit means she had it in her to fight. That's not the same thing as reflecting on instinct, as you said. It was fight or flight in that setting so she had no choice.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 18, 2009, 04:32:14 PM
Quote from: Milan on Sep 18, 2009, 04:00:50 PM

Warrior spirit means she had it in her to fight. That's not the same thing as reflecting on instinct, as you said. It was fight or flight in that setting so she had no choice.

At that moment she could only react on instinct, if she would acted upon the "flight" part then she would have tried to escape or make some other defensive movement, having a Warrior spirit too me is when you instinctively go for the "fight" part, your response and action would be aggressive, not defensive.
A warrior fights.
And that wasn't the only moment she took the fight to the Alien instead of freezing or running away from it, she later on killed the alien that was attacking Scar on the sled and that wasn't a reflex, she was a Warrior spirit, she had "fight" in her, no doubt.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed