Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 693,730 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Milan on Aug 23, 2009, 03:05:26 PMChet might be a freak of nature.

No argument there.

Quote from: Milan on Aug 23, 2009, 03:05:26 PMhowever I think that Chet has to much "Predator" in him and very little "Alien".
Didn't the brothers say that the Predator had stronger DNA and that Chet reproduces in the same way as Predators...

Davis did. In the commentary, he says the Predalien is 1/3 Alien and 2/3 Predator, while the Brothers argue it's the other way around.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 23, 2009, 10:40:19 PM
Quote from: Milan on Aug 23, 2009, 03:05:26 PM

however I think that Chet has to much "Predator" in him and very little "Alien".
Didn't the brothers say that the Predator had stronger DNA and that Chet reproduces in the same way as Predators...

Davis did. In the commentary, he says the Predalien is 1/3 Alien and 2/3 Predator, while the Brothers argue it's the other way around.

Yeah, I knew that I heard something about it from someone involved in the picture.
Still, It doesn't sound right does it?

Funny, how Davis and the B.S doesn't stick to the same facts.
Maybe it's something they did as a fail safe, only this time both failed.

scholar

scholar

If the third movie (That is, if there is a third movie) doesn't unite the two story lines by adding  Ms/Mrs Yutani, what's left of the Weyland Corporation, the underwater frozen Queen, The Predator Gun, The Girl who was left to freeze to death, and the survivors from a nuclear warhead then... well... I don't think there will be a future to the franchise.

But... In any case I found the first movie to have a flow to it, granted it was mostly rushed and of some poor quality dialog and some other faults but it had something to it. AVP:R had fighting... Gore... Death... forgive me for being an old soul but I found an actually story, even if it's rushed and half crocked is better than something that doesn't have one.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I think AvP:R's story was better in principle in some ways than AvP's because it focused on the Predator and the Aliens, which is what it should do. It's Aliens vs. Predator after all, not AvPvH.

scholar

scholar

So, you liked it more because it had less people 'mushy' parts? I point to one particular scene that I remember even now. It was a pizza guy going to a girl's house after some cheesy lines was jumped with even more cheesier lines and then comes home to have his brother take a bat with him and go find stuff in the sewer and then to emerge only to find themselves needing to run for dear life. Trust me, there was no Alien storyline. We had the wolf butchering aliens as fast as he could while trying to defeat the predalien. I don't even recognize that predalien.But!

Opinions are opinions. To each his own. ;)

SM

SM

QuoteI think AvP:R's story was better in principle in some ways than AvP's because it focused on the Predator and the Aliens, which is what it should do. It's Aliens vs. Predator after all, not AvPvH.

To be fair, the first half and both Alien and Aliens barely featured an actual Alien.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Quote from: SM on Aug 25, 2009, 06:58:00 AM
QuoteI think AvP:R's story was better in principle in some ways than AvP's because it focused on the Predator and the Aliens, which is what it should do. It's Aliens vs. Predator after all, not AvPvH.

To be fair, the first half and both Alien and Aliens barely featured an actual Alien.

Same with Predator, barring brief the cuts to perspective.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Aug 25, 2009, 06:58:00 AM

Quote from: Eidotemit on Aug 25, 2009, 10:00:49 AM
Same with Predator, barring brief the cuts to perspective.

You're both right, but those films were about the humans surviving a foreign creature which was chasing them. The only reason the films had the titles they did was to give the viewer a name for the respective creature (to me, anyway).

dragonthingy

dragonthingy

If they do another AvP movie:

It should learn from the mistakes of the games and comics
Should use the classic Aliens vs Predator logo
Should have more input from fans and Dark Horse

Milan

Milan

Quote from: dragonthingy on Aug 25, 2009, 09:40:19 PM
If they do another AvP movie:

It should learn from the mistakes of the games and comics
Should use the classic Aliens vs Predator logo
Should have more input from fans and Dark Horse

What mistakes from the games and comics should they learn from?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling you out. ;D
I've haven't played all games or read all comics and there's plenty out there.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

I'm going to have to go with the first AVP. It was flawed, but it's a fun movie to watch to get your Alien Vs Predator fix. I love the look of the film, it has great set designs and eye candy cinematography. The special effects in the movie were quite impressive, the part where you see the Queen alien running through the whale bones was insane. The whole Antarctica settings was great I thought, it added to the atmosphere of the film. Grid vs Celtic was awesome, Queen Vs Scar was epic, Lance Henriksen being in it was a plus too. The only problem I have with the movie is the fact it's was PG-13.

AVP-R on the other hand could have been atleast a bloody, fun, horror flick but it just ended up being choked to death with poor, washed out, boring visuals that destroyed every single shot and scene in the whole f--king movie.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I voted for Alien vs. Predator. I will explain in my review of Requiem, which will start now:

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! WHY? WHY?? WWHHHHYYYY??? IT WAS SO f**kING HORRIBLE! AAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRR!!!!! WHAT THE f**k? HOW WAS THIS PIECE OF SHIT GREENLIT BY FOX? It burned my eyes it sucked so bad. Good thing I watched a grainy pirated version online. If I had seen it in theatres, I WOULD PROBABLY BE BLIND! f**k, THEY BUTCHERED 2 OF MY FAVOURITE ALIENS!! GAAAAHHHHHHHH!!! I DON'T EVEN USE PROFANITY OFTEN, BUT ONLY SWEARS CAN PROPERLY EXPRESS HOW MUCH I HATED THIS f**kING EXCUSE FOR A MOVIE!!!!!!

A L I E N

A L I E N

AVP,  if AVP-R was at least able to be viewed it would be FTW. But we can't see whats goiing on half the time :(

Milan

Milan

Quote from: A L I E N on Sep 05, 2009, 10:53:14 AM
AVP,  if AVP-R was at least able to be viewed it would be FTW. But we can't see whats goiing on half the time :(

My problem with AvP-R is the opposite, I can see what's going on...
Man, they really did a number on both the Alien and the Predator fans in that movie,
Okay, the Alien took the biggest hit.
The Alien is suppose to be the ultimate prey still most of them acted like Gill.

Puks

Puks

This is not an easy decision.. they both sucked in an incredible way.

But I'll give some credit for the "R" in AvP:R.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed