Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 689,659 times)

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

The idea of a "team up" between Predator and humans is appealing to me, unfortunately Anderson f**ked it up completely, making her weapons out of Alien tails... then she stabs an Alien and the QUEEN are you f**king kidding Paul?!!!

SM

SM

QuoteWhy would a Predator need a human?

If it found itself in a situation where it couldn't win on it's own.  Like the end of AvP.

I know I've said it squillion times before, but Scar should've tried to kill Lex and then have them seperate by the shifting pyramid.  Then later either Scar or Lex is taking on the Queen and losing and the other steps in to help.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Hey, I agree with you. I would have preferred that to the ridiculous love bonding we got in AvP.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Quote from: SM on Apr 05, 2012, 12:46:38 AM
QuoteWhy would a Predator need a human?

If it found itself in a situation where it couldn't win on it's own.  Like the end of AvP.

I know I've said it squillion times before, but Scar should've tried to kill Lex and then have them seperate by the shifting pyramid.  Then later either Scar or Lex is taking on the Queen and losing and the other steps in to help.

I like that idea, I always envisioned the two being battered and exhausted after killing the Queen and kind of just facing off silently with their weapons just in range then cut to credits

Vepariga

Vepariga

AvP is better then AvP:R

I liked AvP,I could even look past the fact that grid killed 2 predators. What I hated about AVP was when Scar and Lex jumped on that Sled and rode the explosion up...wtf waas that. and Scars Human eyes..I even said 'what the hell.' out loud in the cinema.

But aside from that I enjoyed it.

AvP:R

I liked Wolf,he was great. the rest of the film was a mess. Pacing sucked,editing was all over the place and the film was way too dark. I question if the directors even watched the camera.

granted there were some cool scenes,but no substance.

Least AvP had the courtesy of an original story.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

What original story? It came right from the comics.

Vepariga

Vepariga

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 09, 2012, 03:02:45 PM
What original story? It came right from the comics.

yeah thats what I ment to say,a story that was good enough for the franchise. AvP:R just had a friday the 13th splashed in with a few aliens.

If AvP omitted the scene of Lex and Scar running together,the sled ride,the staring into eachother and the Queen scaling issues. Then I wouldnt have too much to be annoyed about lol.

And I'd keep grid killing those two,I'm a more of a Alien supporter and I reckon a alien could take out a Pred or more easy. :P

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Shorten Grid's tail while you're at it too.

The PredBen

The PredBen

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 13, 2012, 03:08:45 AM

My favorite flaw to point out in Alien vs Predator .

Vepariga

Vepariga

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 13, 2012, 03:08:45 AM

Oh yeah that too,ridiculously long.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Apr 04, 2012, 11:43:53 PM
The idea of a "team up" between Predator and humans is appealing to me, unfortunately Anderson f**ked it up completely,

Before AVP the movie ever came out I always imagined a team up with a human and Predator would be badass, and I still think it would work, a lot like the Terminator protecting John Connor, but the way Paul Anderson fist f--ked that idea I just don't think anyone should attempt to try it unless the team up makes sense and the human character is some type of warrior/soldier who shares the same objective.

I thought the team up in Predators was the right way to do it, the safe way. I'll cut you down and give you a chance for revenge, but I want off this planet. They aren't friends, it really isn't a team up, it's just a deal is a deal between two warriors, code of honor ect.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Exactly, grudgingly cooperating to survive, instead of becoming Batman and Robin

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: PHANTOM on Apr 17, 2012, 10:01:49 PM
Quote from: Novak 1334 on Apr 04, 2012, 11:43:53 PM
The idea of a "team up" between Predator and humans is appealing to me, unfortunately Anderson f**ked it up completely,

Before AVP the movie ever came out I always imagined a team up with a human and Predator would be badass, and I still think it would work, a lot like the Terminator protecting John Connor, but the way Paul Anderson fist f--ked that idea I just don't think anyone should attempt to try it unless the team up makes sense and the human character is some type of warrior/soldier who shares the same objective.

I thought the team up in Predators was the right way to do it, the safe way. I'll cut you down and give you a chance for revenge, but I want off this planet. They aren't friends, it really isn't a team up, it's just a deal is a deal between two warriors, code of honor ect.

The only team up that I think worked was in Predators. It lasted about 10 seconds before Brody fed Classic to Mr. Black.

mastermoon

mastermoon

I remember in 2004 Fox had no plans to make sequels to any of the Alien or Predator movies. They intended AVP to be the new franchise.

Their plan was short lived :laugh:.

scm

scm

It's sad that the vote is even that close.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed