Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 689,729 times)

StayFrosty

StayFrosty

Quote from: mastermoon on Nov 20, 2011, 10:56:04 PM
Personally, I thought AVP was a very well done sci-fi action movie. Most definitely the best sci-fi action movie I seen. Between the Predator and Aliens, the Predator rivals them all. Why? simply because the Predator has more advanced weaponry to destroy anything in its path including Aliens. My favorite moment in the movie is the final battle between the Queen Alien and Predator with the mark on his mask. I don't know how the hell the director manage to capture all that on film but my god that was an amazing battle.

AVPR was this piece of crap made? I suffered through every second of it and barely paid attention at other times. I haven't seen the first AVP but now I think I'll steer clear. I honestly felt like I was watching a Sci-Fi Channel original movie. This one just has that very fake and TV feel to it. Stay away, far away.

I hated pretty much everything about this movie from the acting, to the storyline, to the horrible dialog. I hated all the characters and would have enjoyed seeing them all die on the screen. There are points in the film where it almost seems like they were going for a storyline but it gets completely muddled by the horrible action sequences and then it feels as if they just gave up. This truly is a mess.

Huh? You say AVP was great and you loved the battle between the Queen and Predator. Then you go on to say you haven't seen the first AVP. So I don't understand. You do realize there are only two AVP movies, right?

In any event, I don't know how you can think any movie with the Aliens in them is a better action film than ALIENS. It's even a stretch to say any of the Predator films are better action movies than ALIENS. ALIENS is really one of the best action films ever made... even the IMDB top 250 agrees.

mastermoon

mastermoon

Quote from: StayFrosty on Nov 21, 2011, 03:25:59 PM
Quote from: mastermoon on Nov 20, 2011, 10:56:04 PM
Personally, I thought AVP was a very well done sci-fi action movie. Most definitely the best sci-fi action movie I seen. Between the Predator and Aliens, the Predator rivals them all. Why? simply because the Predator has more advanced weaponry to destroy anything in its path including Aliens. My favorite moment in the movie is the final battle between the Queen Alien and Predator with the mark on his mask. I don't know how the hell the director manage to capture all that on film but my god that was an amazing battle.

AVPR was this piece of crap made? I suffered through every second of it and barely paid attention at other times. I haven't seen the first AVP but now I think I'll steer clear. I honestly felt like I was watching a Sci-Fi Channel original movie. This one just has that very fake and TV feel to it. Stay away, far away.

I hated pretty much everything about this movie from the acting, to the storyline, to the horrible dialog. I hated all the characters and would have enjoyed seeing them all die on the screen. There are points in the film where it almost seems like they were going for a storyline but it gets completely muddled by the horrible action sequences and then it feels as if they just gave up. This truly is a mess.

Huh? You say AVP was great and you loved the battle between the Queen and Predator. Then you go on to say you haven't seen the first AVP. So I don't understand. You do realize there are only two AVP movies, right?

In any event, I don't know how you can think any movie with the Aliens in them is a better action film than ALIENS. It's even a stretch to say any of the Predator films are better action movies than ALIENS. ALIENS is really one of the best action films ever made... even the IMDB top 250 agrees.

Hey I was very tired when posting my message, well I have seen the first AVP, I was being a dumbass that was a mistake that I said I have never seen it.

Lost Predator

Lost Predator

Quote from: Topazora on Sep 18, 2011, 12:09:01 AM
Stand alone, I think AvP was pretty good, its a leave your brain at the door and enjoy.  As for AvP:R... I would've liked it had it not been for the whole towns people and the emo college age dawson's creek they had going.  Its bad enough I have to deal with some stupid teenage/college drama in Transformers...

I agree i think the teenage drama just dumbed the film to a low point. The stuff was not needed.

Quote from: Topazora on Sep 18, 2011, 12:09:01 AM
I also have an issue when it comes to kids getting killed, though I stopped watching up to the hospital scene.

The killing off the kid hunting and the infamous hopsital scene leave a bad taste in my mouth for AVPR. The former, i could get past, but hospital scene was just disturbing and completely unnecessary. Kind of cheap shockand horror for the sake of shock and gore, the kind youd find in a slasher film.

While AVP had a great story, the action and alien vs. predator fights could have been more. It was a mature scifi film and had it been given a longer running time and bigger budget, a better movie would have resulted.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5OR2WcaH5g#ws

AvP have an interesting premise that could have been done better.  It has a cold landscape, interesting setting, and an okay story that definitely could have been improved.  What it failed was it's execution.

AvP-R was crap from the very beginning.  I can't see how you could improve this movie anymore from the script.

Lost Predator

Lost Predator

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Nov 26, 2011, 08:13:25 PM

AvP have an interesting premise that could have been done better.  It has a cold landscape, interesting setting, and an okay story that definitely could have been improved.  What it failed was it's execution.

AvP-R was crap from the very beginning.  I can't see how you could improve this movie anymore from the script.

That was fu*king hilarious!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'm sick of hearing people bitch about things "instantly happening" in this film. I won't argue about the Alien lifecycle being sped up but specifically, Wolf's travel from the homeworld to Earth and distress signal. How about, just accept it as being shortened for the sake of the f**king film!?!

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 27, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

I'm sick of hearing people bitch about things "instantly happening" in this film. I won't argue about the Alien lifecycle being sped up but specifically, Wolf's travel from the homeworld to Earth and distress signal. How about, just accept it as being shortened for the sake of the f**king film!?!

Right on! 

(people are dumb :-\)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

As for the Predator sending the distress signal instead of activating the self-destruct, he wouldn't have been able to complete the sequence seeing as how the Predalien was right on him as soon as he woke up.

SiL

SiL

How about, just accept it as being shortened for the sake of the f**king film!?!
How about accepting that to a lot of people, things happening in such short order detracts from the story? How about accepting that rushing past things fails to let valuable details sink in, or for an effective atmosphere to be established? How about accepting that shortening the stuff for the sake of the film is, in a lot of people's views, entirely indicative of the immature attention-span deprived mentality that resulted in the film being a total f**king waste of celluloid?

How about that?

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

This video hit it right on the button. I know I said after I last watched it I liked some of the characters, but after watching Alien and Predator I quickly regreted that statement.

Quote from: SiL on Nov 28, 2011, 04:47:43 AM
How about, just accept it as being shortened for the sake of the f**king film!?!
How about accepting that to a lot of people, things happening in such short order detracts from the story? How about accepting that rushing past things fails to let valuable details sink in, or for an effective atmosphere to be established? How about accepting that shortening the stuff for the sake of the film is, in a lot of people's views, entirely indicative of the immature attention-span deprived mentality that resulted in the film being a total f**king waste of celluloid?

How about that?
This.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on Nov 28, 2011, 04:47:43 AM

How about that?

The last point, usually only comes from really cynical movie goers in my experience. Some I've spoken to say the film was just dumb fun and they were content with that. I understand your frustration but at the same time considering where the film was coming from, I'm surprised you're so upset about it.

SiL

SiL

I'm not upset about it.

Unless by "it" I mean people saying "Quit bitching just go with it".

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I was referring to the movie.

SiL

SiL

I know. I was just making a point.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It didn't bother me so that's where I'm coming from. It's not the first movie I've seen that shortened a travel of some sort just for the sake of keeping the film going.

Say you were at the helm. What would you have included?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed