AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 691,079 times)

SiL

SiL

Included? In what regard?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Not shortened the travel times. What would you have put in between Wolf leaving the homeworld and arriving at Earth?

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Nov 26, 2011, 08:13:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5OR2WcaH5g#ws

AvP have an interesting premise that could have been done better.  It has a cold landscape, interesting setting, and an okay story that definitely could have been improved.  What it failed was it's execution.

AvP-R was crap from the very beginning.  I can't see how you could improve this movie anymore from the script.

Hahaha I never get tired of that vid

SiL

SiL

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 28, 2011, 06:15:49 AM
Not shortened the travel times. What would you have put in between Wolf leaving the homeworld and arriving at Earth?
Wouldn't have had him leave from the homeworld. There was a ship much, much closer.

SM

SM

People have a perfect right to get annoyed by sheer laziness of filmmakers given millions of dollars to make a movie featuring two iconic and beloved monsters.

"Dumb fun" might fit - only if it were actually "fun".

SiL

SiL

Watching a dude wail on retards for 90 minutes isn't fun.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on Nov 28, 2011, 06:17:57 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 28, 2011, 06:15:49 AM
Wouldn't have had him leave from the homeworld. There was a ship much, much closer.

You're talking about the Predator ship in the beginning?

SiL

SiL

Exactly.

SM

SM

Has it ever been established why that little ship detached in the first place?  Did one of the Predators forget to go to the toilet or something?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Nov 28, 2011, 06:26:56 AM
Has it ever been established why that little ship detached in the first place?  Did one of the Predators forget to go to the toilet or something?

My guess is, they were going back to the homeworld whereas the mothership was going to drop Preds off on lands uncharted.

Quote from: SiL on Nov 28, 2011, 06:24:50 AM
Exactly.

So he's on the Pred ship, the second vessel splits off in the other direction, then when they crash land, Wolf leaves the mothership? I could've gone for that too.

SM

SM

QuoteMy guess is, they were going back to the homeworld whereas the mothership was going to drop Preds off on lands uncharted.

The homeworld was hiding behind Earth?

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 27, 2011, 11:51:16 PM
I'm sick of hearing people bitch about things "instantly happening" in this film. I won't argue about the Alien lifecycle being sped up but specifically, Wolf's travel from the homeworld to Earth and distress signal. How about, just accept it as being shortened for the sake of the f**king film!?!

No.

Why would I ignore shitty storytelling and plot holes for the sake of a bad movie?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Nov 28, 2011, 06:30:56 AM
QuoteMy guess is, they were going back to the homeworld whereas the mothership was going to drop Preds off on lands uncharted.

The homeworld was hiding behind Earth?

They had just passed Saturn. They weren't close to the homeworld.

SiL

SiL

The detached ship headed straight back for Earth.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed