Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 689,671 times)

Stans

Stans

predators dont need build a fuking pyramid or teach to the humans to build it just for start his hunting, jungle or city hunter made pyramids for hunt? NO

and teach to the humans how to build pyramids is friendly beacuse the predator are the teacher of the humans, it means that the predators establishes comunication with the humans, cooperation in a civilized way until achieve their objective, thats not the predator way.

the only way in that idea works is the predators kidnap humans and forced to be impregnated, not a bizarre protocol to make believe to the humans that predators are gods just for convince for their sacrifice, it needs the savage way force the humans, and nothing about pyramids, the predator must hunt in natural environments, that is more logical.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Stans on Aug 12, 2011, 10:45:21 PM
predators dont need build a fuking pyramid or teach to the humans to build it just for start his hunting, jungle or city hunter made pyramids for hunt? NO

and teach to the humans how to build pyramids is friendly beacuse the predator are the teacher of the humans, it means that the predators establishes comunication with the humans, cooperation in a civilized way until achieve their objective, thats not the predator way.

the only way in that idea works is the predators kidnap humans and forced to be impregnated, not a bizarre protocol to make believe to the humans that predators are gods just for convince for their sacrifice, it needs the savage way force the humans, and nothing about pyramids, the predator must hunt in natural environments, that is more logical.

I actually thought ti was a pretty cool concept. The pyramid was necessary, so that there would be less of a chance of Aliens escaping in the real world. If they were to hunt Aliens in the jungle, they would be risking infecting the whole planet.

And the Predators basically used the humans as slaves. Well, that and sacrifices.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 14, 2011, 12:42:34 AM

I actually thought ti was a pretty cool concept. The pyramid was necessary, so that there would be less of a chance of Aliens escaping in the real world. If they were to hunt Aliens in the jungle, they would be risking infecting the whole planet.

And the Predators basically used the humans as slaves. Well, that and sacrifices.

I wouldn't mind the pyramid as a concept, I only wish that the pyramid just was some abandoned place... A place that the humans stumbled upon while trying to flee from somekind of unseen monster, while inside they find out that the predators have used that pyramid for ages, to stage their Alien hunts. The whole backstory/history part needs to be erased...even Anderson knew it or atleast his subconscious knew it, the whole  human/Predator relationship that have happened in the past but was wrong, broken and finally forgotten within the movie...
Funny...it's so bad that even the movie itself tried to forget it.

And for the Aliens to spread through the whole world...
Well, I see it like this...

If Lex was the one who ended up with the alien embryo inside her it would probably have hatched not long  after the Predators had left the scene. She would die alone without a soul nearby, that Alien would leave her dead body but keep within it's territory and when it doesn't find anything living around it, it would go into hibernation until something disturbs it, maybe a search party...
... My theory is supported by the movie Alien and Aliens.
Cause we get to see "Cains son" go into hibernation when it thought it was alone, and the marines in the sequel didn't find the remains from an abandoned hive when they searched the colony on LV-426...

So them "spreading" isn't a given thing, cause they keep within their territory and when they can't find anything living within it, they don't move, they go into hibernation.
We (Humans) would likely cause the "spread", with us moveing around with an embryo inside us. But given the fact where the pyramid was found, you wouldn't get that very far cause you're pretty much out of time after being facehugged and the Alien who busted out would soon go into hibernation cause there ain't that many things to kill in that place.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Mister Skeezler on Aug 10, 2011, 10:18:52 PM

AvP does less damage to the Alien franchise by placing the events in Antarctica, but conversely damages the Predator franchise by siphoning all the sadistic and "extraterrestrial" nature out of the Predator.

How so when this idea comes from the highly praised first AVP story that was so successfull and applauded that it began the joint franchise?

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Well building such pyramids (with such content) in the middle of  human population , seems a pretty dangerous concept  if you want to decrease the risk of a huge infection.

I would rather choose a desertic planet , put the Queen in a secured structure  and bring the 6 (or whatever the number) hosts

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

QuoteWell building such pyramids (with such content) in the middle of  human population , seems a pretty dangerous concept  if you want to decrease the risk of a huge infection.

I would rather choose a desertic planet , put the Queen in a secured structure  and bring the 6 (or whatever the number) hosts

That was my thoughts as well, why not predetermine the amount of hosts/xeno's and control the situation a little better than letting it get out of hand. 

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: FUZION PREDATOR on Aug 24, 2011, 05:15:08 PM

Well building such pyramids (with such content) in the middle of  human population , seems a pretty dangerous concept  if you want to decrease the risk of a huge infection.

I'm starting to think the Predators wanted an outbreak at some point. Or, they didn't know/think humans would expand to all corners of the globe.

Topazora

Topazora

Stand alone, I think AvP was pretty good, its a leave your brain at the door and enjoy.  As for AvP:R... I would've liked it had it not been for the whole towns people and the emo college age dawson's creek they had going.  Its bad enough I have to deal with some stupid teenage/college drama in Transformers... I don't want to deal with it when watching xenos and pred duke it out.  I also have an issue when it comes to kids getting killed, though I stopped watching up to the hospital scene.
I don't mind there being a human massacure via xenomorph, but I do mind where and who it happens to.  I would have much rather it taken place like at an isolated prison (like Alien 3) or a drug lords home base or something.  People getting killed you don't mind getting killed.
Mind you, thinking was the last thing I did when I watched the movies, I find not thinking makes the movies a lot more enjoyable.

Gosutoraida

Gosutoraida

AVP, definately was better than AVP:R. AVP:R was just an abomination.

Vecrotus

Vecrotus

AVPR was so terribly dark that it was a snore-fest; AVP kept me entertained, despite its flaws.

kevinh3

kevinh3

AVPR was good , i enjoyed it.

StayFrosty

StayFrosty

I thought AVP was kind of cool and "sciencey". I liked the "prophecy" feel of it, and the ancient history of the Aliens and Predators. Still not anywhere close to a classic or masterpiece though, and I can't really consider it canon. But it's still kind of a cool side-show.

Basher917

Basher917

Quote from: kevinh3 on Oct 08, 2011, 11:22:58 AM
AVPR was good , i enjoyed it.
So how did you feel about AVP? how do you think AVPR was better? I'd love to read an Opinion from a person who likes this film, in the past i might have overly criticized opions on this movie, but don't let my past ignorance discourage you

KingAngel ofthe Outergulf

KingAngel ofthe Outergulf

AvP-R is pretty cool!

mastermoon

mastermoon

Personally, I thought AVP was a very well done sci-fi action movie. Most definitely the best sci-fi action movie I seen. Between the Predator and Aliens, the Predator rivals them all. Why? simply because the Predator has more advanced weaponry to destroy anything in its path including Aliens. My favorite moment in the movie is the final battle between the Queen Alien and Predator with the mark on his mask. I don't know how the hell the director manage to capture all that on film but my god that was an amazing battle.

AVPR was this piece of crap made? I suffered through every second of it and barely paid attention at other times. I haven't seen the first AVP but now I think I'll steer clear. I honestly felt like I was watching a Sci-Fi Channel original movie. This one just has that very fake and TV feel to it. Stay away, far away.

I hated pretty much everything about this movie from the acting, to the storyline, to the horrible dialog. I hated all the characters and would have enjoyed seeing them all die on the screen. There are points in the film where it almost seems like they were going for a storyline but it gets completely muddled by the horrible action sequences and then it feels as if they just gave up. This truly is a mess.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed