*Spoilers* AvPR Sewer Battle Youtube *Spoilers*

Started by TheUrbanPredator, Dec 20, 2007, 10:47:21 PM

Author
*Spoilers* AvPR Sewer Battle Youtube *Spoilers* (Read 51,937 times)

Dasani

Quote from: SiL on Dec 22, 2007, 02:39:12 AM
Quote from: gases on Dec 22, 2007, 02:26:49 AM
Hey doofus, why don't you acknowledge the mishaps of the "perfect specimin" in Aliens instead of shitting on AVPR like it's the first time.
Because it is the first time. They were shit on in Aliens, yes, but nowhere nearly as bad as this.

Not trying to be sarcastic or anything, but how was the Alien in Alien any more powerful than the Aliens in Aliens? I'm not talking thematically, I'm talking physically. The Alien in the first didn't seem and stronger, faster or smarter than the Aliens version.

SiL

Quote from: Dasani on Dec 22, 2007, 02:43:24 AM
I'm not talking thematically, I'm talking physically.
I'm talking thematically. And then in this movie, thematically and physical.

holdtheline

I have to admit, it's never dull around here.. ;)

XxSaNdMaNxX

XxSaNdMaNxX

not trying to start nothing here but that scene were wolf grabs the laiens but the necks is in deed funny and nice n it might be true wh someone wrote here be4 it might a presure point leaving them paralized i mean look at how realived  they look after seening death in the face, after mommy comes and saves them LOL

Plokoon111

One thing I can say, as much as I appreiciate alien 1, the poor drone was very alien like indeed but very slow, it didn't do that much. It even yawned for god's sake. Which I do agree Alien's main theme was trying to survive and escape, and horror. I am glad JC made the aliens more fast, and more threat apposed to the drone. One thing I can say is how would you be able to fit the Alien 1 type drone fighting a predator? The alien would  move very slow, and the pred would take the alien for the kill. (Not too sure.) But what I am saying is the more aliens there are, the more they get killed, same goes for predators. The aliens are decent in this movie so far, even through Wolf the more expearenced hunter can hunt and becomes superior to the other aliens, unless its like 10 againest 1. The reason the pred alien is so tough is because of its traits from the predator, + the alien traits, and who knows what the hell the hormones did, and shes molting into a preitorian, or as we can say young queen in growing.

gases

Quote from: SiL on Dec 22, 2007, 02:39:12 AM
Quote from: gases on Dec 22, 2007, 02:26:49 AM
Hey doofus, why don't you acknowledge the mishaps of the "perfect specimin" in Aliens instead of shitting on AVPR like it's the first time.
Because it is the first time. They were shit on in Aliens, yes, but nowhere nearly as bad as this.

So it's the first time even though it happened before years earlier just not as bad?
The shitting on is comparable/debatable. The aliens are as deadly as I have ever seen them in this movie.

Plokoon111

Its funny how people will still fine things to diss about. The aliens in this movie, are imagineable, and excellent! I love how they pop out from surroundings, (camofauge) Its amazing how much can be improved from a ugly movie before that rymes with faul Onderson. Yes I know WOLDDD d badass!  he CILLS ALL!! But the more aliens there are, the more that get killed, thats why Wolf isnt dieing, theres only 1 predator, what if he died after the first encounter? Well than the movie would shit on its self.

SiL

Quote from: gases on Dec 22, 2007, 03:15:42 AM
The aliens are as deadly as I have ever seen them in this movie.
Which is why they're totally incapable of touching Wolf?

Plokoon111

A rule in basic alien movies:
QuoteBut the more aliens there are, the more that get killed, thats why Wolf isnt dieing, theres only 1 predator, what if he died after the first encounter? Well than the movie would shit on its self.
::)

The Chibi Kiriyama

The issue isn't that the Predator can't die due to the anti-climax in his death. It's that most casual viewers are going to ask a) why he's bothering to "clean" up, and b) why we don't see more Predators come with him. From the reviews, the etchings and intro don't seem to be helping in selling the "expert" angle.

That Yellow Alien

Yawning has nothing to do with boredom. I've yawned during Aliens, Predator, blah, blah, blah.

The Chibi Kiriyama

People have taste in different films. I know people who find Alien to be just another film, but find Superbad to be the best movie they've ever seen.

Plokoon111

^ Agreed, some will like Avp, and AR. And than some would love the slow, suspense horror of A3 and A.

gases

Quote from: SiL on Dec 22, 2007, 03:22:00 AM
Quote from: gases on Dec 22, 2007, 03:15:42 AM
The aliens are as deadly as I have ever seen them in this movie.
Which is why they're totally incapable of touching Wolf?

Wolf is one predator. If there were more than it would be different. I would like to know who's choice it was to feature one predator vs an infestation. Many foes vs 1 hero = foes suck. 1 foe vs hero = the foe is startlingly good (people have said this before). Just how it works. Btw Wolf is elder but the sewer scene is quick enough for me to disregard their apparent lack of motor function as I remember all the times in the previous movies where aliens didn't seize every opportunity, but remember it's a movie and they cannot possibly seize every moment or we would have no movie.

Perhaps it's the CGI but i have never seen IMO more deadly aliens.

But still, other movies have denigrated the aliens, not just the sewer scene in avpr, which I think is the only real scene of "bias".

Xenomorphine

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Dec 22, 2007, 03:26:28 AM
The issue isn't that the Predator can't die due to the anti-climax in his death. It's that most casual viewers are going to ask a) why he's bothering to "clean" up, and b) why we don't see more Predators come with him. From the reviews, the etchings and intro don't seem to be helping in selling the "expert" angle.

One of several things I've been concerned over, since the project began. The explanation for its behaviour is usually that it's meant to be some sort of expert, but I'm fearing there's going to be nothing in the film to set out that it's truly any different from any other example of its species.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed