Your Music Heroes

Started by MrLee, Dec 13, 2007, 12:24:29 PM

Author
Your Music Heroes (Read 3,142 times)

MrLee

MrLee

The wolf in guitarists section posted about kurt cobain, he seemed very passionate about him, although i then followed to rip kurt to shit LOL. His post made me think it would be cool to have a thread where peoplke can post musicians that have died for whatever reason, too young before there time but have influenced you, and others alot.

No argueing over who should and shouldnt be in here, just post the person, a photo perhaps, and why you think they rocked.
For me just a few

Dave Lepard of the swedish sleaze metal band CRASHDIET. While crashdiet are continueing with a new singer, dave lepards era was great, he started the band, he sung, played guitar, wrote most of the lyrics and believed in what he was doing. He gave fans of glam, sleaze, rock n roll something they hadnt had the chance to have for a long time. But it was different, being almost 15 years (at the time) since the scene had died out, there music was real, it wasnt commercial or trying to fit in with the latest trends. Although the image and music style was typical of the glam metal/sleaze metal style, the lyrics were not, the lyrics were brilliant and dave lepard in my eyes will always live on through the one brilliant album he did with the band known as Rest In Sleaze (a fitting title perhaps)
www.davelepard.com

Steve Clarke frm Def Leppard
Steve clarke era def leppard was brilliant and it got better and better every album, first album was on through the night, the last album he was properly on was there best album in my opinion, hysteria. Now def leppard after steve clarkes death, in many ways ruined their credability by just doing things which didnt help them out lets say lol (making pop music on X for example) but steve clarke era was great. He just had a unique style of playing over the songs that no one else really did at the time. A great sense of melody whilst mixing it with some great crunch riffs.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7P8HiBysn2Q great live video

Bon Scott From ac/dc
This guy defines what a sleazy rock n roll frontman is about. His voice was awesome, his stage moves great and his attitude the shit. I like brian johnson era ac/dc too, but bon scott era is the best for me.

Phil Lynott From Thin Lizzy
Brilliant lyrics, brilliant songs, some great albums. This man lived through his music and he lived the rock n roll dream any person should have, sadly, he lost control and it took away his life, like many of the artists ive covered above. I dont need to say much about thin lizzy, i think every recognises genius when its apparent. But one thing i will point out is, thin lizzy never really took off, they never really fitted in with the current music scene but phil lynott kept going, whatever happened with the band he kept it going, it was only in the later months of his life did he end the band and not long after he died, i would say he died with the band he worked so hard to keep alive.

mostlycome@nite

mostlycome@nite

James Hetfeild- say he "sold out" say he's a bum....Whatever. Listen to the lyrics he has wrote over the many years.....They are unreal for his time...and he never rely's on swearing and dropping F bombs all over the place....he use's an accual vocab. Can't be said about too many "artists" now can it.

And of course-Clapton
                     Muddy Waters
                     Randy Blyth
                     Manayrd

NintendoMan

NintendoMan

Michael Hutchence of INXS
hes dead now
but his lyrics are just f**kin beautiful! He knows how to write poetry!!

my idol.

Anemic Royalty

Anemic Royalty

Hate to rain on your parade but first off

Kurt Cobain-To me he was a lyrical genius and one of the most interesting intellects I have yet to hear about. The music is also some of the best raw talented music ever.

Layne Staley-AiC Ex lead singer with amazing vocals he had a very sad last few years.

Bradley Nowell- Died to soon and seemed as if he would of made alot better music if he had stayed alive

Shannon Hoon-To soon, such a happy individual

R.I.P. all

Effectz

Effectz

Phil Lynott from Thin Lizzy

Lynott's last years were dogged by drug and alcohol dependency leading to his collapse on the night of 25 December 1985 at his home in Kew. After his estranged wife Caroline drove him to a drug clinic in East Knoyle, near Warminster, he was taken to Salisbury Infirmary where he was diagnosed as suffering from a kidney and liver infection. He died of heart failure and pneumonia in the hospital's intensive care unit on 4 January 1986 aged 36.

In 2005, a life-size bronze statue of Phil Lynott was unveiled on Harry Street, off Grafton Street in Dublin.

heres the statue at a pub i  drink in some nights

MrLee

MrLee

Quote from: Anemic Royalty on Feb 01, 2011, 07:19:12 PM
Hate to rain on your parade but first off

Kurt Cobain-To me he was a lyrical genius and one of the most interesting intellects I have yet to hear about. The music is also some of the best raw talented music ever.

Layne Staley-AiC Ex lead singer with amazing vocals he had a very sad last few years.

Bradley Nowell- Died to soon and seemed as if he would of made alot better music if he had stayed alive

Shannon Hoon-To soon, such a happy individual

R.I.P. all
dont worry, i changed my mind about kurt n nivana etc.

This thread was something i made in 2007!!!!! i was 17, wow.

Im 20 now

First Blood

First Blood

Roger Daltrey of The Who
Roger Waters of Pink Floyd
Paul Rogers of Bad Company
Angus Young of AC/DC
John Lennon/Paul Mccartney of The Beatles
Joe Bonamassa

I am sure there's more, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

SM

SM

Roger Keith Barrett

(I'll stick with 'fallen' heroes.)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed