Alien 3 - Love it or Hate It

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 04:40:34 PM

Author
Alien 3 - Love it or Hate It (Read 63,864 times)

Prowler

Prowler

I dont HATE it but it's my least favorite of all alien/predator movies. Why? Because it pretty much ruined alien and killed aliens. I remember watching alien3 for the first time and at the very opening when Newt and Hicks were killed of like that I just did not care at all for what happened later and then Ripley dies ??? ::) :o WTF were they thinking? It's a damn shame because the movie has good acting directing and all that but the story is just.................It's a HUGE kick in the nuts and therfore my least favorite of the bunch.

:'( Stupid writers.

Shaak

Shaak

Quote from: DazAvP01 on Feb 18, 2007, 01:01:58 PM
Alien 3.... a film when I first watched when I was about 10 and was pretty freaked out by it lol. I had nightmares for years, and kept having dreams of Ripley in a hospital being rushed on a bed for surgey to remove the alien. I had that same dream over and over lol.

Interesting dream. When the Quadrilogy was about to be released I had a nightmare about Hicks just weaking from hypersleep in Alien 3 before the support beam hits him. That was traumatic :'(

Quote from: DazAvP01 on Feb 18, 2007, 01:01:58 PMJust shows how you should never watch films not intended for younger viewers than its certificate rating ;D

I watch it when I was 11 in the same week I saw Disney's Beauty an the Beast. Nice contrast :D

Newsfop

Newsfop

The Alien movies I watch when I feel particularly down or depressed, and it helps me to solidify my feelings and project them. I must say there's nothing quite so depressing as the story in Alien3. It really hits the spot some days.

Hankerson

Hankerson

Love it! The first three films are my favorite. My beef is with "Alien: Resurrection" it borrowed way too much imagery and story concepts from the comic books. It wasn't a sequel it was a comic book movie. I love the comic books but they're a whole different universe. If they're going to do something with them, Sci-Fi original mini-series' would be a better format.

Newsfop

Newsfop

I've finally come to a decent way to explain the 3 in the title rather than just a numeric placement of the film.

For the longest time I tried to use it as a way to count the aliens in the piece, but we all presume that it was either two huggers and a runner or just one super hugger and a runner. So that idea is really a wash.

But when I look at the actual placement of the three, it helps me build my own concept of what else it could mean, and that is that the presence of religion is a heavy influence in this movie. Three often denotes the partitions of God. So in that manner of consciousness, I can finally put the title problem to rest, sit back and watch the depressing massacre.  ;D

shakermakerman

SE is like a total different film

Fury_616

Fury_616

I actually liked A3 and for as flawed as the production of the film was (particularly in comparison to what Scott and Cameron did in the first two), I liked the fact that Fincher didn't back away from making a bleak horror film.  That said, when I first heard that A3 was going to take place on a prison planet before the film came out, I was sort of hoping that the story would involve The Company sending Ripley and Hicks (and maybe Bishop) to the prison planet, as punishment for their "crime" of destroying the terraforming colony in Aliens (you know, sort of framing them for the deaths of the colonists).  That just made sense to me, given how The Company operates...

predator3789

predator3789

Alien 3 is not the normal action bases Alien film like the others. It has less scary scenes and less action scenes but also something new, a new planet, the prison and the thing that they have no weapons in and also a new Alien Form.

Alien5

Alien5

The first time I saw Alien 3, I thought it was depressing but it never changed the fact that I didn't like it. Alien 3 was very good despite what people say, I think it pays omage to the original by going back to the originals concept. Also, the fact that Ripley goes through the things that she does in the movies makes her more likeable as character. One thing is for sure is that life is not always happy endings and with the way Alien 3 was done proves that theory.

scarface

scarface

You know i love the movie, resurrection screwed up the whole saga. The movie had a perfect ending, and a perfect twist to it. How they thought a chestburster was inside newt but wasnt, genius, and how they went back to a more of a ALIEN sort of thing with jsut 1 alien, loved that. And how amazingly good it was with all that stress Fincher had, and now hes making Zodiac.

frost

frost

The quad cut makes up for any dissapointment when first released way back in the day............

Vader the White

Alien 3 isn't bad, not at all. I rewatched the theatrical edition, and thought this isn't bad. I can't remember most of it, since I haven't seen it for years, but not bad.  On a scale of 0-100,
0 being Cross Bones and 100 being Back to the Future, I say about 70-75.

Grid Alien

Grid Alien

I loved it (the gothic fell kicked ass) the SE was long but thats what i really ed enjoyed about it. But i wish that the dog got killed in the SE rather than the ox id have to say it was one of my favroites of all the Alien/Predator franchise

Corporal Hicks

The inter-cutting between the funeral and the birth was fantastic IMHO.

Its Game Time

Its Game Time

I hated this movie when i first saw it. It pissed me off because they killed off Hicks and Newt. But after awhile, i began to really like it. It really grew on me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed