Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 467,173 times)

PredalienXenomorph

PredalienXenomorph

........ Oh

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

They'd be lucky for Alien fans to make it that far.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 16, 2010, 08:17:40 PM
They never said that. They insulted Alien fans but didn't say anything about watching Aliens more than anything else.
"I love Aliens, it's my favourite of the series, I'm a fan of Cameron".
More or less Colin said this in the Making of.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

And?

Doesn't mean he watches it more than anything else.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 18, 2010, 12:38:55 AM
And?

Doesn't mean he watches it more than anything else.
The only person who said he watched it more than any movie was Anderson. I was just asking if Colin and Greg Strause said that they had watched Aliens a lot as well. The answer, then, is yes, and my general summary of Anderson as a director would then apply to them as well, for they both didn't learn anything from the movie that they supposedly watched so much of.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Colin said it's one of his favourites, but not his most favoured. That would be the Shawshank Redemption.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 18, 2010, 12:42:32 AM
Colin said it's one of his favourites, but not his most favoured. That would be the Shawshank Redemption.
Another great film which he didn't really learn any filmmaking tips from.  :-\ I guess any young retard may penetrate the hollywood fortress these days...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Considering he owns his own FX company with his brother, I wouldn't call him a young retard.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 18, 2010, 01:08:08 AM
Considering he owns his own FX company with his brother, I wouldn't call him a young retard.
Effects and directing are two different things entirely. Which is clearly the case, given how Requiem looked good effects wise, but was garbage in every other aspect.

SiL

SiL

Okay, that still doesn't make him a young retard.

Hyperbolic slander is hyperbolic.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: SiL on Aug 18, 2010, 01:10:39 AM
Okay, that still doesn't make him a young retard.

Hyperbolic slander is hyperbolic.
Drop the young, then. I'm content with that.

SiL

SiL

Doesn't make him a retard, either. I'm sure his brain works just fine.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: SiL on Aug 18, 2010, 01:15:30 AM
Then how would you describe him? Incapable of making connections? Incapable of retaining information? Incapable of researching something before directing a movie about it? Surely you can't consider him anything more than stupid...

Or can I say a retard alien/predator director? I think if I narrow it down a bit more instead of making my claim so broad, I won't get attacked.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

They were just chugging down the wrong direction for the sort of film we wanted.

I'm sure that the responses to AvPR have been very illluminating for both of them.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: BLAIN on Aug 18, 2010, 01:18:26 AM
Quote from: SiL on Aug 18, 2010, 01:15:30 AM
Then how would you describe him? Incapable of making connections? Incapable of retaining information? Incapable of researching something before directing a movie about it? Surely you can't consider him anything more than stupid...

Or can I say a retard alien/predator director? I think if I narrow it down a bit more instead of making my claim so broad, I won't get attacked.

One bad film doesn't make them idiots. They know the industry. They just happened to make a bad film. Happens to all directors, even the best ones.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed