660 (50.2%)
Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 470,794 times)

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

The leaves on Dutch's shoulder looked like burnt skin. That is all.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: Anto of the Sand on Jun 17, 2010, 09:16:34 PM

;D where are talking about the leaf (or the thing) Dutch have around his neck , if you take care, it's a leaf full of gun powder , Dutch make it explode tol ure the pred and escape from a dark tunnel where the Pred was waiting for him

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 17, 2010, 09:15:33 PM
Oh, I see now. I need to watch that again.

No matter bro, i really like people who take care about details

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

Quote from: FUZION PREDATOR on Jun 17, 2010, 09:20:30 PM

;D where are talking about the leaf (or the thing) Dutch have around his neck , if you take care, it's a leaf full of gun powder , Dutch make it explode tol ure the pred and escape from a dark tunnel where the Pred was waiting for him
No. I mean when he's carrying the guy and gets shot. A leaf sticks to his shoulder and looks like burnt skin.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: Anto of the Sand on Jun 17, 2010, 09:49:50 PM
Quote from: FUZION PREDATOR on Jun 17, 2010, 09:20:30 PM

No. I mean when he's carrying the guy and gets shot. A leaf sticks to his shoulder and looks like burnt skin.

:D Yeah that's exactly what i was thinking the first time i saw the movie

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Quote from: XenoVC on Jun 17, 2010, 09:10:44 PM
Quote from: Tangakkai on Jun 17, 2010, 12:58:34 PM
So you see, in order to make the AvP movies work and make an entertaining film, the directors have to overpower one of the species.

How does that make the concept work?

wat

Because otherwise the fight scenes would be over in a matter of seconds. For example end fight of AvPr: Pred rips out inner jaw of Predalien... a fountain of acid blood spills over wolf, should kill him in a matter of seconds, does it do that? No.

another example.

Wolf throws away his shuriken and mask to fight the predalien hand to hand, knowing full well that it's stronger than him... easier way would simply be to go in with the shuriken... but no, that's not cinematic enough...

I could go on and on...

XenoVC

XenoVC

Quote from: Tangakkai on Jun 17, 2010, 10:08:17 PM
Quote from: XenoVC on Jun 17, 2010, 09:10:44 PM
Quote from: Tangakkai on Jun 17, 2010, 12:58:34 PM
So you see, in order to make the AvP movies work and make an entertaining film, the directors have to overpower one of the species.

How does that make the concept work?

wat

Because otherwise the fight scenes would be over in a matter of seconds. For example end fight of AvPr: Pred rips out inner jaw of Predalien... a fountain of acid blood spills over wolf, should kill him in a matter of seconds, does it do that? No.

another example.

Wolf throws away his shuriken and mask to fight the predalien hand to hand, knowing full well that it's stronger than him... easier way would simply be to go in with the shuriken... but no, that's not cinematic enough...

I could go on and on...

I asked how that makes it work.

Trivializing either of the creatures is not making it work.

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

That is the point I'm trying to make. It should cinematically, but it doesn't simply because it's too silly.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

The Celtic/Grid fight was a good example of not trivializing either creature; it was arguably the best scene from either film.

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

Couldn't agree more.

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 17, 2010, 11:17:22 PM
The Celtic/Grid fight was a good example of not trivializing either creature; it was arguably the best scene from either film.

It was in my opinion the only good scene because it pretty much showed the fans what they wanted to see and because the amount of ridiculous ideas was kept to a minimum, hence making it a good fight.

Sadly, the only well choreographed fight in AvP history.

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

Out of a total of two movies.

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

just keeps adding the salt into the wound  :(

SM

SM

And went for all of 3 and a half minutes.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: Tangakkai on Jun 17, 2010, 11:27:29 PM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 17, 2010, 11:17:22 PM

It was in my opinion the only good scene because it pretty much showed the fans what they wanted to see and because the amount of ridiculous ideas was kept to a minimum, hence making it a good fight.

Sadly, the only well choreographed fight in AvP history.

;) I agree too , but in this scene the thing that disturb me  isn't the fact an alien killed a Pred, but it's the fact that "they" had to make the Pred's helmets vulnerable to alien inner tong in order to make the xeno win.
I mean why "they" didn't manage to make a xeno kill a real (Stan Winston) Pred, with a good choreography it's not so hard to do.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed