654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 470,640 times)

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: SiL on Mar 31, 2010, 04:21:08 AM
Quote from: Aeus on Mar 31, 2010, 12:53:50 AM
I'm not denying it's a stealthy f**ker, all I'm saying is that it's impossible for an Alien to be so stealthy that it's even undetectable by Predator hearing.
Except that's not really supported by the movies. Anytime doesn't hear every gentle leaf moving in the breeze, every insect in ten meters chirping, every displace rock scattering down a hillside. Nor does Pussyface hear every single conversation in a street, every single car engine going down the road.

What they do hear is very clear and in cases amplified, but we've never seen a Predator pick up on an incredibly quiet noise.

The mask is selective, you also don't know the capabilities of the Predators selectiveness without. But if you're going to disregard what the SFs say then I'd say sit down, watch Predator and just listen to how loud the footfalls of Dutch's team are as they move through the foliage. These are trained combat soldiers, they would make as little noise as possible, yet to the Predator they're loud as f**k.

Unless the Predator is severely preoccupied, there is no way he's not going to hear an Alien coming for him.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

The P1 Predator didn't see the log coming for him... ;D

Aeus

Aeus

Seeing is a different sense to hearing mate.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

But the log did make a sound when it was released... the Predator could just have avoided it.

Derrad

Derrad

how needs to See pred marine but not the alien. to see is to believe but the alien knows...............

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Derrad on Mar 31, 2010, 02:06:08 PM
how needs to See pred marine but not the alien. to see is to believe but the alien knows...............

I... I dont follow what you're saying.

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: Derrad on Mar 31, 2010, 02:06:08 PM

Where the f**k are you from?

Derrad

Derrad

some say that to see is to believe. what u see can technically be altered like the pred camo. but their are no evedens that an xenomorph can see  like a tarantula even tho it has eight eyes it See's very poorly  but their are allot of Small hairs with are very sensitive to movement

Quick N Slick

Quick N Slick

Quote from: Derrad on Mar 31, 2010, 02:25:26 PM
some say that to see is to believe. what u see can technically be altered like the pred camo. but their are no evedens that an xenomorph can see  like a tarantula even tho it has eight eyes it See's very poorly  but their are allot of Small hairs with are very sensitive to movement

:D

Can't tell if it's legit or a wind-up just yet. Either way, good show.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 31, 2010, 01:44:31 PM
But the log did make a sound when it was released... the Predator could just have avoided it.

It was right above his head. By the time he even realized what was happening it was too late.

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 31, 2010, 01:44:31 PM

How? Nothing could of gotten out of the way in time. If the log was moving before it came at him, he would of saw it coming. But logs don't do that.

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

That, and he was occupied. Really occupied.

The Demon

The Demon

He was enjoying f**king with his prey. He's sadistic.

Derrad

Derrad

most of them are but ad least thy don't rape their pray ::)

The PredBen

The PredBen

Aliens I believe are naturally stealthy creatures. We don't know if a Predator is a naturally stealthy creature or a trained creature.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed