660 (50.2%)
Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 470,745 times)

Valaquen

Valaquen

I can only choose one? I like both, though the Aliens have been in more crappier films, but that's unfair, as they've appeared in six to the Predator's four.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Both Aliens and Predators have starred in one shit film. others are fantastic.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: The PredBen on Mar 07, 2010, 05:45:50 PM
getting its organs cut up for several minutes before being killed by Harrigan in Predator 2.

Who's Cooler - well like I said they're both cool - right?

Not sure I'd count that seeing as how it couldn't really do much.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 08, 2010, 01:36:48 PM
Which ones specifically?

Lie

Lie

Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 08, 2010, 02:51:28 PM
Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 08, 2010, 01:36:48 PM
Which ones specifically?

I would also like to know

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

The one and the only shit film they share: here ;)

Lie

Lie

I didn't even have to click it I could smell AVPR oozing from the link.

The only thing that film got right was the strength of the Predalien

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

I see another bad movie in the franchise...

Yeah, we lost...

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 08, 2010, 06:38:13 PM

Agreed. Such shameless piece of... you know.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: 08yeyinde on Mar 08, 2010, 07:27:48 PM

http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz171/08mkartin/551149x.jpg

Yeah, we lost...

Such a limp wristed movie, PG-13 play-it-safe, fat Predator, super aging Xenomorph, Dino Queen, Cardboard humans, Ripley-wannabe lead. Not as offensive as AVP:R or Alien Resurrection, but ultimately diluted, watch-it-in-a-Mystery-Theatre way kind of movie. The Alien and Predator fell far.

SM

SM

QuoteThe Queen never left her chamber, she was busy laying eggs, and then later gestating the Newborn.

The Queen did leave her chamber - she was in a cage earlier then later encountered in a wastetank.

For what it's worth.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: 08yeyinde on Mar 08, 2010, 07:27:48 PM

http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz171/08mkartin/551149x.jpg

Yeah, we lost...

Both films sucked.

Lie

Lie

What they need to do is start over and make like Alien vs Predator... Evolution Chronicles or something so people know its not following the story of Requiem, and as we all know it should be set far in the future. And they need to stop hyping the Predalien its a natural part of AVP in fact its the only thing you can tell is gonna happen from just reading the title. If you have watched Alien and Aliens you know there life cycle, they take the enemies numbers and turn it to their advantage.

Breed Grow Domination

And the whole Predator temples it was a good idea don't get me wrong but "move on". The problem with setting it on earth is that the Aliens cant win how many of you would like to see a film were the Aliens win, I think it would be a nice change it is Aliens Vs Predator after all. Being a Candidate Alien can win, is a film where Predator's wins so out of the question either why is it that man must always win at everything are we that insecure as a species that we cant have a film were we lose.

I think a twist ending would be great e.g. a person emerges from the rubble as the only survive *sound of a Plasma Caster firing* The End or something like a facehugger jumps on to the screen. What I'm trying to say is give it something like the Deep Rising ending were they survived but they not in the clear just yet.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yes, AvP is bad if you compare it to the original Alien Quadrilogy. But it is a nice enjoyable little Action flick. it hasn't the deepness of the Alien franchis but c'mon... it's a crossover.

PG-13 play-it-safe, fat Predator, super aging Xenomorph, Dino Queen, Cardboard humans, Ripley-wannabe lead

Don't see a problem with that, since you can introduce both monsters safely; Muscles and armor =/= fat; minor detail and easily explainable; just because the Queen is big doesn't mean it is qualified as a "Dino"; Weyland says otherwise; Because the one in AvP:R was completely different, huh? :P

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Predator. Just love the concept. Plus, there's not one bad film in the series yet:

Predator - 9/10
Predator 2 - 7/10
Predators - ?

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: DeadCities on Mar 08, 2010, 01:59:43 AM
Quote from: The PredBen on Mar 07, 2010, 05:45:50 PM
They're both cool creatures. And both have their appeals and parts that are stupid about them.

Who's Stronger? The alien I think. In Alien 3 it broke free of melton lead. Seriously.
Who's more Agile? The alien. It is designed as being agile whilst the Predator is a humanoid.
Who's more Intelligent? Well the Predators have technology and a culture so i'd go with them. Not to say aliens are below human intelligents they're just don't need technology.
Who is more Durable? This is debatable. The alien would win because it survives the vacuum of space. But the Predator survived being forzen partially with liquid nirtogen , shot twice with a shot gun and survived a 20 foot wall and then getting its organs cut up for several minutes before being killed by Harrigan in Predator 2.

Who's Cooler - well like I said they're both cool - right?

Aliens ain't got no funk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-39Zz-pha6c

Don't be so sure about that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4aE__sxMmQ

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 09, 2010, 01:15:33 PM
...just because the Queen is big doesn't mean it is qualified as a "Dino"...

She looked like a dino because she had a very muscular structure and the legs were better suited for running than in Aliens.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed