Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 470,781 times)

SiL

SiL

That explains everything.

Celtic_Hunter

Celtic_Hunter

Oh heh yes i live in romania.I am the best in english at my school and im class 7 ^^.I know very well english well its a language i really need cause no other country knows romanian :D.Even sow my english aint that good :D or is it?.Cant wait for an alien official gameplay and an new predator one(more weapons :D).

mikethepred

mikethepred

i would like to be the predator because they have advanced weapons and they are less gory than aliens,  :)

Master Chief

Master Chief

Because ripping a victim's spine and skull out of a body is nothing compared to an alien's headbite, right? ;)

wolfboy22

wolfboy22

I would have to say that the gore is on par.

The PredBen

The PredBen

I think it's safe to rate that aliens and predators are nothing alike.

The Lion - Smart for an animal , stealthy the natural killer with natural weapons.

Human Bodybuilder - Very smart as he's sentinent , skilled in fighting with fists and weapons.

Who's better?

Well if a 8 foot Lion that weights 450 lbs vs a 6 foot 6 man who weights 300 lbs with machete and a gun.

i'd say the man.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Unless the lion gets the jump on him, which is what the Alien tries to do.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

You're also ignoring that this lion understands the importance of the hunter's equipment and has a basic grasp on victim psychology.

Aeus

Aeus

Machete and a Gun ≠ Wristblades and Shoulder Cannon.  :D

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Well, clearly the comparison was brought down to human level on both accounts.

Aeus

Aeus

I was just pointing out that it was a bad comparrison. It isn't hard for a man to kill a Lion at all with a gun, and a gun sure ain't a shoulder cannon, meaning it'd be even easier. It is (or should be (take note AVPR)) hard for a Predator to take out an Alien, as it's strength and speed  are negated by the Aliens, leaving it's only advantage being its tech. I say 'only', but it's tech is a fair advantage if used correctly.

A better example for me would be more a Great White Shark (Alien) versus a man, with some serious weaponry and armour (Predator), in the sea (hive, spaceship, possibly jungle?). The guy could do it, but he's severely disadvantaged.

BTW I'm thinking about this in terms of a confined space as obviously in an open one the Predator will always win (assuming it has a SC).

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

I mean, the comparison was on a human level for both sides.

A gun is sure as hell less potent than a shoulder cannon, yes, but an Alien is a much tougher adversary than a lion, too. Which is why it basically adds up.

Aeus

Aeus

Meh, I just hate seeing Alien=Lion Predator=dude with gun. Never seen the comparrison working on that level myself.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

I agree, really. It works on a shallow level, but it's a gross oversimplification of the bloody battles that this franchise does so well.

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Quote from: Aeus on Oct 17, 2009, 12:16:46 AM
BTW I'm thinking about this in terms of a confined space as obviously in an open one the Predator will always win (assuming it has a SC).

Not necessarily. We've seen Aliens dodge plasma bolts in the past.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed