Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 470,640 times)

Baron_ov_LV426

Baron_ov_LV426

definately Alien
its nightmarish and mysterious. perfect killing machine while the predators need machines for killing  ::)

not to mention the xenomorph is a creation of my favorite artist and director

alien prequel ftw

Pred Killer

Pred Killer

Being overall larger creatures I wasn't surprised the way Alpha pinned Celtic with ease, he knew it was coming.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Aliens are taller, but I would bet Predators weigh more. They're broader than Aliens.

Pred Killer

Pred Killer

Well you gotta remember that a creature can only be so big before it's exoskeleton becomes too heavy for the body to withstand and the pressure crushes it, so I would assume it also has an endoskeleton to combat the pressure, this probably explains why they're so f**king strong, all that weight would add up. I'm not saying an Alien would weigh more than a fully armored pred, no.

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: Pred Killer on Aug 14, 2009, 05:06:31 AM
Being overall larger creatures I wasn't surprised the way Alpha pinned Celtic with ease, he knew it was coming.

I just find it kind of ridiculous that we see Marines mow down dozens of Aliens and one Predator couldn't do shit.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The Aliens weren't tackling them.

The Demon

The Demon

We saw Aliens leap down and grab ahold of several Marines in Aliens. I don't think an Alien could of handle lifting up a Predator.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

They can punch through blast doors. Something tells me lifting up a Predator wouldn't be too hard.

The Demon

The Demon

I sit corrected. The alien did lift Chopper up with its tail.

All I was getting at was how ridiculous it was that part was. I'm fine with the fact that Chopper got snuck up on.. I just wish that wasn't the first alien on Predator contact to appear in the movie.

What bothers me is how terrible Celtic did when we see Lex kill an Alien just by lifting up a spear.

Pred Killer

Pred Killer

Quote from: The Demon on Aug 15, 2009, 06:22:16 PM
Quote from: Pred Killer on Aug 14, 2009, 05:06:31 AM

I just find it kind of ridiculous that we see Marines mow down dozens of Aliens and one Predator couldn't do shit.
They were using Phase Plasma Pulse Rifles mate, that'd mow down just 'bout anything.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: The Demon on Aug 15, 2009, 09:57:35 PM
What bothers me is how terrible Celtic did when we see Lex kill an Alien just by lifting up a spear.

Ya, I agree. Cockiness gets Celtic killed, yet Lex kills an Alien that forgets it has arms. WTF.

Quote from: Pred Killer on Aug 15, 2009, 11:44:03 PM
They were using Phase Plasma Pulse Rifles mate, that'd mow down just 'bout anything.

0_0 the pulse rifles fire explosive rounds, what phase plasma?

Pred Killer

Pred Killer

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 16, 2009, 05:01:09 PM

Ya, I agree. Cockiness gets Celtic killed, yet Lex kills an Alien that forgets it has arms. WTF.

In the film Aliens when Hudson is going on his 'rant' in the APC he calls them 'Phase Plasma Pulse' Rifles, I'm just going by what he called them. M41A Phase Plasma Pulse Rifles

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

They weren't using phase plasma rifles at any rate.

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: Pred Killer on Aug 16, 2009, 05:13:11 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 16, 2009, 05:01:09 PM

In the film Aliens when Hudson is going on his 'rant' in the APC he calls them 'Phase Plasma Pulse' Rifles, I'm just going by what he called them. M41A Phase Plasma Pulse Rifles

I didn't say that the Marines with their weaponry against the Aliens was ridiculous. I was getting at that the Marines+weaponry compared to the Predators+weaponry against the Aliens was very different. I would of thought seeing how the Marines had the upper hand, that the Predator would even be a step ahead.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

I prefer Aliens. This is why:

The Alien was a work of art. It was the concept-child of Giger, and it carried its own commentaries - largely psychosexual. It's something startlingly original and horrifying. Ultimately, it's got an intensely interesting design that's as alien as its psychology. The references to rape indiscriminate of the victim's sex were also wildly, wildly daring for the time (and would even be daring today).

The Alien, in both concept and practise, had absolutely no restrictions. It was an amazing creature from an amazing movie that carried commentary and underlying, psychological exposition.

It was, and is, art.

The Predator on the other hand is a Hollywood cop-out. It's basically just a big guy with a big gun. The warrior-tribe thing is pretty unimpressive, given that such a culture is directly influenced by cultures already existing on earth. In addition, it appears mostly to appeal to the kind of audience who don't grasp that the point of any good narrative is to explain a concept, or reveal a way of thinking. The Predator movies never set out to do either of these things, and the monster design reflects this. It's lazy, boring and signifies nothing.

The Predator is a great representation of Hollywood money-mongering and it's a shame that the genius of ALIEN ended up being brought low by such tripe.

Uh, sorry to Predator fans, I guess.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed