660 (50.2%)
Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 473,149 times)

BigChapismyBestFriend

BigChapismyBestFriend

I see both sides. On the one hand, it's pretty easy to be ignored by the predator. I mean like 99% of victims are mainly of soldiers, cops, Or mercenaries While Alien kills without giving a f**k. However, if you do pissed off the Predator, Really hope they make it quick for you because man I don't wanna have this happened to me when I'm alive.

SiL

SiL

Rape and chest bursting kind of takes the cake.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Neila on May 22, 2024, 06:50:31 AMI'd rather be on the Predator's ignore list than on the Alien's menu.

:laugh:

BigChapismyBestFriend

BigChapismyBestFriend

Quote from: SiL on May 22, 2024, 11:08:32 AMRape and chest bursting kind of takes the cake.
Good point, I don't wanna be near Kane Son after what he did to Lambent.

Kradan

Kradan

I think he was talking about facehugger

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

And if you even shoot an Alien and be unfortunate enough to receive acid on your face or body... Well that's a whole new level of f**ked up.

Buuut if a predator happened to go crazy and kill everyone for fun, dangerous or not, then we'd be equally f**ked.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

My dad favorite monster would beat your dad favorite monster in a fight!

BigChapismyBestFriend

BigChapismyBestFriend

Quote from: Kradan on May 22, 2024, 01:55:02 PMI think he was talking about facehugger
Yeah, in hindsight properly, but Big Chap Is probably worse in Down the line. With the facehugger, you didn't even know that you got rape Because you were unconscious. With Big Chap, I think we can all agree Lambert was conscience to experience what he did to her. I can't even imagine what the hell went behind those scenes.

Neila

Neila

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 22, 2024, 02:35:52 PMAnd if you even shoot an Alien and be unfortunate enough to receive acid on your face or body... Well that's a whole new level of f**ked up.

Buuut if a predator happened to go crazy and kill everyone for fun, dangerous or not, then we'd be equally f**ked.
and that's exactly what I like about the first Predator film. It's much scarier than anything that came after it.

It's not really clear whether he actually only attacks armed people, although Dutch suspects so.
Anna said that's the demon that makes trophies out of men, were they all always armed?

I always saw the Jungle Hunter as a sadistic scumbag who loves to hunt with his toys.
Prefers stronger prey, like armed humans.

But if you think about it, he also has skulls of smaller animals as decorations on his armor. As a result, he also likes to kill small animals for fun. We see something similar in Prey. He hunts the hunters.

All the bullshit with honor codes and even worse associating with people in certain situations has watered down the Pred for me and made it less dangerous. Sure, with sequels you always have to bring something new, but in the case of Predator I think it went in the wrong direction.
So he became the nice uncle next door.
He even became a kind of superhero for children.
(Sorry, I just have to puke)

Berserkers, Bad Bloods, all unnecessary nonsense.
Take the Predator from the first film as a template and let him kill everything and everyone if he wants to.
This is badass.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Neila on May 23, 2024, 06:29:00 AM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 22, 2024, 02:35:52 PMAnd if you even shoot an Alien and be unfortunate enough to receive acid on your face or body... Well that's a whole new level of f**ked up.

and that's exactly what I like about the first Predator film. It's much scarier than anything that came after it.

It's not really clear whether he actually only attacks armed people, although Dutch suspects so.
Anna said that's the demon that makes trophies out of men, were they all always armed?

I always saw the Jungle Hunter as a sadistic scumbag who loves to hunt with his toys.
Prefers stronger prey, like armed humans.

But if you think about it, he also has skulls of smaller animals as decorations on his armor. As a result, he also likes to kill small animals for fun. We see something similar in Prey. He hunts the hunters.

All the bullshit with honor codes and even worse associating with people in certain situations has watered down the Pred for me and made it less dangerous. Sure, with sequels you always have to bring something new, but in the case of Predator I think it went in the wrong direction.
So he became the nice uncle next door.
He even became a kind of superhero for children.
(Sorry, I just have to puke)

Berserkers, Bad Bloods, all unnecessary nonsense.
Take the Predator from the first film as a template and let him kill everything and everyone if he wants to.
This is badass.

But that wouldn't distinguish him much from other monsters except the fact he has weapons don't you think ?

SiL

SiL

The Predator in the first movie specifically spares Anna, and even the other Commandos when retrieving Blaine's body. He's on a hunting trip, not a mindless killing spree.

Neila

Neila

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 23, 2024, 09:47:21 AMBut that wouldn't distinguish him much from other monsters except the fact he has weapons don't you think ?
I think that the Pred is still quite different from other monsters. He has sophisticated technology and spaceships and is therefore probably quite intelligent.
Plus, he can still choose who he wants to attack.
He comes up with a course of action and plans his attacks.
Most monsters are rather aggressive and instinct-driven.

Quote from: SiL on May 23, 2024, 09:49:56 AMThe Predator in the first movie specifically spares Anna, and even the other Commandos when retrieving Blaine's body. He's on a hunting trip, not a mindless killing spree.
I didn't mean that he was shooting around pointlessly.
he plays with his victims.
I just find it much scarier if he wasn't limited by this codex story.

SiL

SiL

But he is limited. He's hunting for sport. There's no sport in sick or unarmed, etc. This is all clearly established in the first movie.

Neila

Neila

Quote from: SiL on May 23, 2024, 10:18:11 AMBut he is limited. He's hunting for sport. There's no sport in sick or unarmed, etc. This is all clearly established in the first movie.

It only becomes abundantly clear in the second film.
turn off this knowledge.
In the first, there is room for interpretation.

The fact that he doesn't kill the injured and unarmed can also be part of his game.
Or so I thought at the time.

yeah, I know.
Dutch says: "He didn't kill you because you weren't armed, that's no fun."

Still, I think it wasn't a real guarantee back then that he would end up murdering everyone as soon as the soldiers were dead.
and that made him much more interesting and frightening as a film character for me.

what about the trophies?
He has rodents, bats and birds of prey on the chain. Did he kill them all in a duel or just casually while chilling in the hammock?
He hunts his victims invisibly, what does that have to do with sport, let alone honor?

I'm ashamed and admit that I play as Predator in the AvP games, even from time to time
had harassed civilians and scientists.

But I quickly realized that this was wrong and dishonorable and that's why I switched to the alien side.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Neila on May 23, 2024, 11:29:21 AMIt only becomes abundantly clear in the second film.
turn off this knowledge.
In the first, there is room for interpretation.
The first film established through action and dialogue that the Predator is here to hunt and collect trophies, and he's interested in trophies that are worth taking.

"He came to get the body. He's killing us one at a time."
"Like a hunter."

"Leave it. He didn't kill you because you weren't armed. No sport."

Anna is left alone twice. The Predator doesn't attack the men at night when it would be easier.

I personally always saw the small skulls as things it had hunted when it was younger. It shows no interest killing anything small in the movie.

If anything it's the second movie that shows the Predator acting a bit more ruthlessly, slaughtering a subway car full of people. There's a comment that they were all armed, but we never see the Predator bother to verify that. He just jumps in and starts hacking away.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed