Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 470,609 times)

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

QuoteXenomorph's long lifetime would add to the whole "Perfect Organism" idea

True true, either one of us could be right.....

visher

visher

Quote from: War Wager on Mar 26, 2007, 11:25:00 PM
Aliens for me because:

- they have a really cool design
- have an interseting life cycle
- most original (what I mean by that is that they are not civilised or sophisticated in any way. Predators believe in honour and have made their own weapons, clans, ships and probably religions, Aliens are just creatures from outer-space that have one drive and that is to breed and kill, thats original)
Predators for me because predators have cool gear and they are ultimate hunters.

kanes_son

kanes_son

Aliens for me, loved them since I was 11 years old, and being scared out of my wits by the very first alien movie (such a long long long time ago)

My reasons are they don't rely on technology and advanced cloaking skills, just the abilities and biological advantages they were born with.  Also, they are the only movie monster that ever gave me nightmares.

Mind you, I'm very much looking forward to seeing what the predalien can do  ;D

BlkSoul

BlkSoul

Predators Rule aliens just honetly Drooll alot.

No offence alien fans

Celtic_pred

Celtic_pred

i like preds more and i take it personaly when they are dissed.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

My 1st post...seems appropriate that I should put it here.

Predator FTW. Why? Coz he's a badass mofo. Wolf and Anytime proved that.

Master Chief

Master Chief

You should've put in the introduction page.  I got my eye on you DoomRulz...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Master Chief on Jan 23, 2008, 05:08:29 PM
You should've put in the introduction page.  I got my eye on you DoomRulz...

:o Stealth mode: ACTIVATED!

The Hunter

The Hunter

I don't really understand Predator fan logic.They are a fan because they can relate, because they use technology, and they are like us.

In a monster, you don't want that. You want something that is completely different, something that you don't want to root for, something that doesn't need weapons because it's just that tough. And definately not something that is very similar to humans.

The Alien is very different. They are all those things. You don't relate to them, making them the complete and utter bad-guy. You don't know much about them, they don't rely on anything but themselves.

The Predator is something that is like a twisted human. It's a monser people. Not some kind of X-Man. Not some kind of cool good-guy freak. 

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Drago-Morph on Jan 23, 2008, 10:52:01 PM
I don't really understand Predator fan logic.They are a fan because they can relate, because they use technology, and they are like us.

In a monster, you don't want that. You want something that is completely different, something that you don't want to root for, something that doesn't need weapons because it's just that tough. And definately not something that is very similar to humans.

The Alien is very different. They are all those things. You don't relate to them, making them the complete and utter bad-guy. You don't know much about them, they don't rely on anything but themselves.

The Predator is something that is like a twisted human. It's a monser people. Not some kind of X-Man. Not some kind of cool good-guy freak. 

The Predator is not a monster. It doesn't kill just for the sake of killing. And before you get all pissy and scream WTF, let me explain.

The Predator hunts its victims. It doesn't just walk down the street and say "oh look, a human. i feel like dropping it". It actively hunts, like any modern predator does. The Predator is totally capable of showing mercy. Remember AvP? It let Weyland go when it realized it was choking him and saw his lungs were all messed up. It also doesn't kill anyone who isn't armed or threatening it in some way. It operates with a code of honour.

The alien on the other hand, is a mindless killing machine. All it knows is a) kill or b) capture to impregnate.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

I cite the first Alien and Cameron's Queen taking shelter in a place of safety (which requires more cunning than a "mindless killing machine" has) as proof that it's more than a creature that runs into walls.

Both creatures are reflections of us without the warm human elements. The Predator is moral when it feels it convenient to be, and the Alien is like a human being with no definiton of consequence: it f**ks, it skull-f**ks, and then it makes babies.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Jan 23, 2008, 11:15:52 PM
I cite the first Alien and Cameron's Queen taking shelter in a place of safety (which requires more cunning than a "mindless killing machine" has) as proof that it's more than a creature that runs into walls.

Both creatures are reflections of us without the warm human elements. The Predator is moral when it feels it convenient to be, and the Alien is like a human being with no definiton of consequence: it f**ks, it skull-f**ks, and then it makes babies.

How is the Predator moral when it feels like it? It's moral b/c it genuinely is so. It didn't have to let Weyland live, but Scar did anyway. The only reason Scar killed him was b/c Weyland attacked him.

The Hunter

The Hunter

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 23, 2008, 10:56:51 PM
Quote from: Drago-Morph on Jan 23, 2008, 10:52:01 PM

The Predator is not a monster. It doesn't kill just for the sake of killing. And before you get all pissy and scream WTF, let me explain.

The Predator hunts its victims. It doesn't just walk down the street and say "oh look, a human. i feel like dropping it". It actively hunts, like any modern predator does. The Predator is totally capable of showing mercy. Remember AvP? It let Weyland go when it realized it was choking him and saw his lungs were all messed up. It also doesn't kill anyone who isn't armed or threatening it in some way. It operates with a code of honour.

The alien on the other hand, is a mindless killing machine. All it knows is a) kill or b) capture to impregnate.

This is what I'm saying. You just proved my point. It was created to be a monster. It isn't supposed to show mercy. And when it does, it shows it because the prey is not worthy enough, so that's kind of like laughing at it. And a code of honor to a monster is kind of dumb. You don't want a monster to show mercy, you don't want a monster to be like a good-guy. You want it to be a monster.

BlkSoul

BlkSoul

Well i Like the Predators And the way they dn't kill people who aint armed or dieing.
The whole Monster killing everything gets a bit old.

The Hunter

The Hunter

That's OK, but what I want you to understand is this. They don't leave you out of mercy, they leave you because you are no sport. No challenge. Why waste their time?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed