660 (50.2%)
Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 467,167 times)

Gunflyer

Gunflyer

Predators... If you took the one Predator from the first film and put him on a ship or planet filled with Aliens, the Aliens would totally lose. If you read the Predator 2 novel, the Predators actually consider humans their most dangerous adversary because they're so unpredictable. Behavior of the Xenomorphs, regardless of how stealthy is undeniably predictable.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Colin Strause, is that you?

Master Chief

Master Chief

This part is true.

Quote from: Gunflyer on Dec 15, 2011, 07:19:10 AM
(...)Behavior of the Xenomorphs, regardless of how stealthy is undeniably predictable.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Lets look at this as if the pred was experienced.
A planet? No way in hell. A single pred cannot take on several thousand to several million aliens and get out alive. It just doesn't happen. Even one hundred to several hundred could get the job done.
A ship like say, Sulaco sized which would contain about 50? Much less of a stretch. But if anywhere from 15 to all of them come at the pred at once, our hunter is in serious shit no matter how many trophies it has.

I shall compose a speech about the dangers of Anti Xenotism.

Gunflyer

Gunflyer

Quote from: TheMonolith on Dec 15, 2011, 03:51:01 PM
Lets look at this as if the pred was experienced.
A planet? No way in hell. A single pred cannot take on several thousand to several million aliens and get out alive. It just doesn't happen. Even one hundred to several hundred could get the job done.
A ship like say, Sulaco sized which would contain about 50? Much less of a stretch. But if anywhere from 15 to all of them come at the pred at once, our hunter is in serious shit no matter how many trophies it has.
So I indulged in extreme Hyperbole... It's alright.

fry1236

fry1236

A single pred cannot take on several thousand to several million aliens and get out alive.

Well if 3 preds can't take out 1 hive then I'm guessing 1 would be terminated in minutes  :D (meaning, agreed)

Gunflyer

Gunflyer

Quote from: fry1236 on Dec 16, 2011, 10:01:07 AM
A single pred cannot take on several thousand to several million aliens and get out alive.
Well if 3 preds can't take out 1 hive then I'm guessing 1 would be terminated in minutes  :D (meaning, agreed)
Yeah but those guys were just noobs.

fry1236

fry1236

I know but the first one should have focused more around him (I'm pretty sure his mum would have mentioned that)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Master Chief on Dec 15, 2011, 03:46:24 PM
This part is true.

Quote from: Gunflyer on Dec 15, 2011, 07:19:10 AM
(...)Behavior of the Xenomorphs, regardless of how stealthy is undeniably predictable.
Right up until they drop through the motherf**king roof.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Ha! No ish. Fear certainly blinds the mind's eye in humans.

AlexVelez

AlexVelez

Quote from: JaredK21 on May 03, 2007, 03:12:31 AM
Aliens are nothing without a host.

Well it can be said that Predators are nothing without their weapons & artificial enhancements. A Predator with no mask, or armor would have a hard time fighting off a facehugger, let alone a full grown alien. Even if the Predator manages to kill an alien barehanded, he would most certainly die because of the acid blood.

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

A Facehugger would be harder to kill than a full grown Alien.

fry1236

fry1236

Quote from: AlexVelez on Dec 18, 2011, 02:01:28 AM
Even if the Predator manages to kill an alien barehanded, he would most certainly die because of the acid blood.

He could just choke it or crush its neck like when scar grabs the chestburster when it...Emerges in AvP (I think he crushed it)

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

If its neck was that weak, it would have snapped when they slammed their craniums into the steel doors of the med lab long before they started to dent.
As that is not the case and the doors were destroyed, I think it is safe to assume that the necks of adult xenomorphs are pretty durable to pressure.

fry1236

fry1236

The predator could get angry and turn into the hulk  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed