654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 473,214 times)

deimos-remus

deimos-remus

Aliens.

Two reasons.

1. In general I think the Alien films are better(excludes resurrection, because it was awful, alien 3 sucked too, but not s much)

2. it's the design of the Alien. It's a much more terrifying creature than a predator, because it simply is more alien. Predator has somewhat humanoid features, and you can see its emotions to an extent. The aliens on the other hand, are basically wild animals that need to survive.

Even Giger himself said that he liked that the Alien has no visible eyes, as this gets rid of any human-like quality, and gives him them the appearance of an emotionless mechanical killer.

The Alien's design was just so shocking and full of impact, I just think it's the most unique design for an creature I've ever seen.

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

Nice points you put forward. :)

Nero the Jackal

Nero the Jackal

I like both Aliens and Predators but at different times in my life, i either liked one or the other more, i preferred aliens because of their extreme deadliness and the whole "perfect organism" thing, not to mention the adaptation of them, i didn't like them in the avp film series though or alien resurrection. I liked predators because they were cool and honourable, they were also very pure and primitive despite being far more advanced than humans. There is so much information on these creature canon and non-canon it makes them all the more interesting, i even created a wiki for these creatures because of how much i like them and the films, here is the link if any of you want to visit or even contribute towards it. http://xenoversal.wikia.com/wiki/Xenoverse_Wiki
As of today i say i prefer Aliens over the predators, might be because i saw aliens first or maybe it because i prefer monstrous type beings with no concept of morality.

Hicks101

Hicks101

Neither!

I'd be a bad ass marine killing both species ;)

Master Chief

Master Chief

Since you're part of the Hicks bloodline, I can see you killing a couple of Aliens, but a Predator, not so much.  Hey, maybe your skull can become a paperweight at the Predator's office.  8)

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

Quote from: Master Chief on Nov 30, 2011, 03:55:01 PM
Since you're part of the Hicks bloodline, I can see you killing a couple of Aliens, but a Predator, not so much.  Hey, maybe your skull can become a paperweight at the Predator's office.  8)
Now I see why they collect heads :o

Hicks101

Hicks101

Quote from: Master Chief on Nov 30, 2011, 03:55:01 PM

If Laurence Fishbourne can do it, i can ;)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Laurence Fishburne was killed by a Pred. Interesting choice of role model.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yeah but he killed 'one, maybe two' (or was it three? I forgot).

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

He still died. I'd rather choose Harrigan since he beat a Predator in hand-to-hand combat.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 04, 2011, 06:14:14 PM
He still died. I'd rather choose Harrigan since he beat a Predator in hand-to-hand combat.

Dutch for me.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Him too, except he very nearly lost.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 04, 2011, 10:10:07 PM
Him too, except he very nearly lost.

And Harrigan didn't?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Harrigan chased Pussyface for quite a few blocks and was hunting the hunter, if you will. Dutch had some success up until Anytime caught him on the log.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Not normally a fence sitter but I'm torn I don't think I can pick between the two!! It's like picking the best Superhero, Chuck Norris or Jesus! (Yes I view Jesus as a Superhero... not to offend anyone   ;)

Alien.  Shrouded in mystery and unlike any other movie monster ever thought of (not to mention one of the most scary)  I love the look of it and it's sheer one mindedness to kill and procreate

Predator.  Coolest villain ever, combining primative and advanced technology, not to mention he kicks the s**t out of Bill Duke, Jesse Ventura, Carl Weathers and Arnie.

It's a tough one folks...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed