Paul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3?

Started by DARIAS93, Aug 29, 2008, 02:46:07 PM

So who do you think deserves to return and direct AVP3?

Paul W.S Anderson
145 (78.4%)
The Strause Brothers
40 (21.6%)

Total Members Voted: 178

Author
Paul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3? (Read 69,983 times)

bleau

Quote from: SM on Nov 26, 2010, 04:56:36 AM
QuoteI take it that you not a vary big Predator fan

Read his last couple of posts.

Ah yes, I see he is quite a bit too critical on the piece, oh well. :)

DJ Pu$$yface

Quote from: SiL on Nov 25, 2010, 10:00:11 PM
Quote from: DJ Pu55yface on Nov 25, 2010, 08:17:10 PM
No they are not. No they are not. Preds are strong, their weapons are strong, and they've been seen capable off cutting up an Alien so many times.
Yes they are, yes they are. Preds are pretty weak.

... I'm sorry, I thought this whole thing was a pisstake. Wasn't this

Quote from: DJ Pu55yface on Nov 24, 2010, 07:51:15 PM
It looks epic, and plausible to me. :)

just good ole fashioned trolling? Why else would someone say something so entirely asinine?

TO ME. Aliens are capable of ripping a Pred to shreds, but Preds fight back. Theya re tough too, and have sharp objects and advanced tech.

Ghostface

Preds keep a queen as their gimp. You never know when the spider's gonna catch some flies.

Peakius Baragonius

Forgive me if this has been said before, but seeing how this has devolved into yet another AVP vs. AVPR argument (people, I thought fandom is supposed to hate both of them!  ::))...

There is no way to judge which director(s) might be better for AVP3 based on their past work. Neither group is going to make a film exactly like their last one. I for one like the first AVP, I haven't seen AVPR yet (just parts of it and the fight scenes) and can't give an opinion, but I think I can tell what it will be  :-X....

I mean, for all we know David Fincher and Jean-Pierre Peunet (sp.?) might make Alien films comparable to the original if they ever return to the series (just look at Fincher's later work). Moviemaking requires a learning curve; not every Stanley Kubrick film is exactly like Fear and Desire in terms of sophistication and technical achievement, is it? And The Day After Tomorrow and even 100,000 BC are still much better than Emmerich's insult to Godzilla or even Independence Day, even if they are all bad in their own way....

bleau

Very true, but I usually look at the experience they have and what other movies the director has done. PA has experience under his belt, but his movies are not that great, some are OK, nothing exceptionable. SB have no experience in directing. As far as directors go it's hit or miss with most of them. But certainly one with experience can at least make it watchable. I would like to know what other movies the director has done before hiring them. If you are to hire somebody for a specific job, you like to find a person with good experience at least, right.

Peakius Baragonius

Quote from: bleau on Nov 26, 2010, 10:33:28 PM
Very true, but I usually look at the experience they have and what other movies the director has done. PA has experience under his belt, but his movies are not that great, some are OK, nothing exceptionable. SB have no experience in directing. As far as directors go it's hit or miss with most of them. But certainly one with experience can at least make it watchable. I would like to know what other movies the director has done before hiring them. If you are to hire somebody for a specific job, you like to find a person with good experience at least, right.

Agreed.

It remains to be seen whether the Strause Brothers will learn from their experiences....

RazorSlash

I want Christopher Nolan.

bleau

Quote from: Peakius Baragonius on Nov 26, 2010, 10:56:17 PM
Quote from: bleau on Nov 26, 2010, 10:33:28 PM

Agreed.

It remains to be seen whether the Strause Brothers will learn from their experiences....

Skyline was even worse, it really sucked. Some fx were ok though.

Quote from: RazorSlash on Nov 26, 2010, 11:00:45 PM
I want Christopher Nolan.

I was thinking of him too, but he writes his own story's and screenplays. Seems like the directors who write their own stuff also tend to make better films ie James Cameron, Nimrod wrote Kontrol and that was really good, Luc Besson wrote The Fifth Element and Leon and those were his best.

DoomRulz

Quote from: bleau on Nov 27, 2010, 12:45:12 AM
I was thinking of him too, but he writes his own story's and screenplays. Seems like the directors who write their own stuff also tend to make better films ie James Cameron, Nimrod wrote Kontrol and that was really good, Luc Besson wrote The Fifth Element and Leon and those were his best.

You're nuts if you think Nolan would even consider touching AvP. He's so far above it, it's crazy.

Ghostface

Nolan is a great director but AVP doesnt match his style.

bleau

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 27, 2010, 05:35:25 AM
Quote from: bleau on Nov 27, 2010, 12:45:12 AM

You're nuts if you think Nolan would even consider touching AvP. He's so far above it, it's crazy.

I know, but it would be awesome.

Peakius Baragonius

If not Nolan...

1. Clint Eastwood
2. Shusuke Kaneko
3. Robert Rodriguez and/or Quentin Tarantino
4. James Cameron
5. Me ;D

Spoiler

M Knight Shyamalan ("Airbender" mode, not "Sixth Sense" mode)
Michael Bay
Dean Delvin and Roland Emmerich
Scott Harper (AVH: Alien vs. Hunter)
Rick Sloane (Hobgoblins)
Hal Warren (Manos: The Hands of Fate)
Coleman Francis's Ghost (Red Zone Cuba, The Skydivers, The Beast of Yucca Flats)
The Strause Brothers (using same budget and production values as AVPR)
Russell T. Davies

and don't forget...
Uwe Boll
[close]

DJ Pu$$yface

^ Michael Bay would be great. IMO. Russell T. Davies shouldn't be allowed 500 miles within making AVP.

Peakius Baragonius

Quote from: DJ Pu55yface on Nov 28, 2010, 02:22:24 AM
^ Michael Bay would be great. IMO. Russell T. Davies shouldn't be allowed 500 miles within making AVP.

What? What? What? 
;D

Nightmare Asylum

I can see it now

A Michael Bay Film
Aliens vs Predators
NARRATOR: There was a time before the war, a time before the hunt, a time before the fighting. But I will only talk about the explosions.
Camera zooms in on planet surface.
Hundreds of Aliens are crawling out of the ground.
A space ship flies on screen, and a group of Predators get out.
The Predators fire into the crowd of Aliens with giant Plasma cannons, creating numerous explosions that cover up the entire screen.
Camera zooms excessively on a single Alien and Predator as they battle. Claws and tail slash, wrist blades are seen in motion, the Alien makes efficient use of the awesome 3D camera with its headbites.
Armies of Alien and Predators fight, and suddenly, out of nowhere emerges the Predalien. The Predalien goes on a path of excessively zoomed in destruction, stomping on Aliens and Predators alike with no mercy, no remorse.
The predators have lost. They all activate their self destruct mechanisms, and the entire planet explodes in the greatest CGI 3D Super Blu Ray explosion ever witnessed.
The End.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed