Alien: Romulus - Fandango Summer Movie Preview Production Still

Started by Mike’s Monsters, May 21, 2024, 02:09:47 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus - Fandango Summer Movie Preview Production Still (Read 6,795 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: TheDerelict on May 21, 2024, 03:37:25 PMThis is going to be the best Alien film ever made. There, I said it.
Come on with the trailer already.

Hopefully you're right!👀👉👈😅

Yuppers

Reebok pumps and unidentified crap that looks like a hive. I'm already guessing everyone's positive kneejerk reaction is making this photo out to be something it isn't supposed to be.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Yuppers on May 21, 2024, 07:06:32 PMReebok pumps and unidentified crap that looks like a hive. I'm already guessing everyone's positive kneejerk reaction is making this photo out to be something it isn't supposed to be.

What is/isn't it supposed to be?

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 21, 2024, 07:04:19 PM
Quote from: TheDerelict on May 21, 2024, 03:37:25 PMThis is going to be the best Alien film ever made. There, I said it.

Maybe fourth best one I dare say  ;D

Quote from: GrimmVision on May 21, 2024, 05:19:20 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 21, 2024, 04:02:17 PM
Quote from: GrimmVision on May 21, 2024, 03:34:30 PMI'm wondering how early on they make the realization that Andy, as a synthetic, doesn't need to worry about carrying a weapon.

Why wouldn't he need to ?

Given Isolation has such a strong influence on Romulus, I imagine Fede will also take inspiration from the Aliens not bothering with "killing" the Working Joes on Sevastopol. We've already seen the Facehuggers seemingly ignore Andy in the teaser trailer. If the crew realizes that Andy is essentially impervious to the Aliens senses because he isn't a biological person, then he'd have no need for weapons, especially if there's a limited amount of weapons to go around. You'd rather have the human characters keep the weapons for themselves, especially if they were to somehow become separated from Andy.

Interesting, it's possible it turns out like that. But I suspect Andy will try and fight the big xenomorph to help his friends, which will make him a threat and nuisance, and he then could be attacked.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

🍁🍂🥀

cucuchu

cucuchu

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 21, 2024, 08:24:26 PMhttps://s12.gifyu.com/images/SflKn.gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdAbAEXUE-Q

Come on, spoiler tags, Wookies appearing in 3rd act of Romulus doesn't have the same impact if you know about it beforehand

TheDerelict

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 21, 2024, 07:04:19 PM

Well...on matters such as these, I've never been wrong before. 🧐

solace97

Hmm something about the characters seems off. Looks like some people posing at comic con. The aesthetics are beautiful so hopefully this movie isn't tarnished by poor characters or writing.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: cucuchu on May 21, 2024, 08:35:08 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 21, 2024, 08:24:26 PMhttps://s12.gifyu.com/images/SflKn.gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdAbAEXUE-Q

Come on man, spoiler tags, Wookies appearing in 3rd act of Romulus doesn't have the same impact if you know about it beforehand

My pronouns are they/them/theirs though :P

Acid_Reign161

I love everything about this screenshot... of what we have seen so far between the latest alien day set photo and the trailer, it has mostly been a combination of the 'Alien' and 'Aliens' aesthetic (moreso the former leaning into Ron Cobb's work on the first movie) but this one leans heavily into the latter, very 'atmosphere processor station' vibes. The reebok boots at this point, are not only a nice Easter egg, but world building.. so far, I have seen nothing to disappoint and a lot to be excited about! 😃👍

SiL

On the one hand every shot invokes a feeling of "Hey remember this??"

On other hand they've only released half a dozen pictures and a teaser, so I'm hoping it's just the marketing team playing on nostalgia bait.

Yuppers

Underwhelming obviously.

RidgeTop

IDK if it's just me or the image or what but the hive looks a little... trash-baggy?

cucuchu

cucuchu

So if there is a hive forming and IF there is no queen, then that just leaves egg-morphing yeah?

Which leads me wonder,
Spoiler
would the human-Xeno creature be a result of impregnation of an egg formed from the body of human?
[close]
As far as I'm aware, we have never seen an alien sourced from an egg-morph? Maybe in comics or something I'm certain somebody has explored the idea but as far as the mainline canon is concerned I don't think we have seen it as the only time it's been hinted at is a deleted scene in the original film.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: cucuchu on May 21, 2024, 10:59:41 PMSo if there is a hive forming and IF it there is no queen, then that just leaves egg-morphing yeah?

Which leads me wonder,
Spoiler
would the human-Xeno creature be a result of impregnation of an egg formed from the body of human?
[close]
As far as I'm aware, we have never seen an alien sourced from an egg-morph? Maybe in comics or something I'm certain somebody has explored the idea but as far as the mainline canon is concerned I don't think we have seen it as the only time it's been hinted at is a deleted scene in the original film.

I'd be very pleased if eggmorphing was included 😃👍

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed