Alien: Romulus - Fandango Summer Movie Preview Production Still

Started by Mike’s Monsters, May 21, 2024, 02:09:47 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus - Fandango Summer Movie Preview Production Still (Read 6,777 times)

Feeds On Minds

Quote from: Mr.M on May 21, 2024, 03:41:23 PMThis a pretty big reveal for a picture. There should be a trailer dripping here soon given the reveal.
Mad Max is out Friday, maybe then.

Mr.M

Nightmare Asylum

I had originally thought we might get one in time for Furiosa, but I feel like if that was going to be the case we'd have it already, unless they surprise drop it on us tomorrow.

MistressTeqila

Is there a trailer coming soon?

Feeds On Minds

Quote from: MistressTeqila on May 21, 2024, 03:56:51 PMIs there a trailer coming soon?

Yes, sometime between now and 8/16

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: GrimmVision on May 21, 2024, 03:34:30 PMI'm wondering how early on they make the realization that Andy, as a synthetic, doesn't need to worry about carrying a weapon.

Why wouldn't he need to ?

aliens13

I fricking love that image, I don't care if the movie it's a fan service of everything of Alien and Aliens. It's what we need now, nothing innovative like Prometheus and Covenant

Cosmic Incubation

Great image! Something about it gives me the vibe of the deleted eggmorphing scene from the first film.

I think it's the space with just little bits of hive on the edge, along with the colors from lighting.

D8TNCracka

The egg hanging from the ceiling is cool, as well as the dead facehugger laying on the stairs.They've been showing quiet a bit.

GrimmVision

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 21, 2024, 04:02:17 PM
Quote from: GrimmVision on May 21, 2024, 03:34:30 PMI'm wondering how early on they make the realization that Andy, as a synthetic, doesn't need to worry about carrying a weapon.

Given Isolation has such a strong influence on Romulus, I imagine Fede will also take inspiration from the Aliens not bothering with "killing" the Working Joes on Sevastopol. We've already seen the Facehuggers seemingly ignore Andy in the teaser trailer. If the crew realizes that Andy is essentially impervious to the Aliens senses because he isn't a biological person, then he'd have no need for weapons, especially if there's a limited amount of weapons to go around. You'd rather have the human characters keep the weapons for themselves, especially if they were to somehow become separated from Andy.

Drukathi

Quote from: GrimmVision on May 21, 2024, 05:19:20 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 21, 2024, 04:02:17 PM

Given Isolation has such a strong influence on Romulus, I imagine Fede will also take inspiration from the Aliens not bothering with "killing" the Working Joes on Sevastopol. We've already seen the Facehuggers seemingly ignore Andy in the teaser trailer. If the crew realizes that Andy is essentially impervious to the Aliens senses because he isn't a biological person, then he'd have no need for weapons, especially if there's a limited amount of weapons to go around. You'd rather have the human characters keep the weapons for themselves, especially if they were to somehow become separated from Andy.

You forgot that Queen tore Bishop apart.

GrimmVision

Bishop was in the Queen's way, she was pissed, and she was also depicted as more intelligent than the rest of the hive.

Kradan

Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on May 21, 2024, 04:28:41 PMGreat image! Something about it gives me the vibe of the deleted eggmorphing scene from the first film.

I was going to say that the hive material reminds me of that cut scene from Alien

Cosmic Incubation

Quote from: Kradan on May 21, 2024, 06:17:05 PM
Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on May 21, 2024, 04:28:41 PMGreat image! Something about it gives me the vibe of the deleted eggmorphing scene from the first film.

I was going to say that the hive material reminds me of that cut scene from Alien

You're right, there's definitely something about the texture of the hive material that's reminiscent of that scene as well. The orange highlights helps give that feel of the light from Ripley's flamethrower as well.

Kradan

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed