Alien: Romulus - Fandango Summer Movie Preview Production Still

Started by Mike’s Monsters, May 21, 2024, 02:09:47 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus - Fandango Summer Movie Preview Production Still (Read 6,766 times)

Mike’s Monsters

TheBATMAN

The most Alien Isolation shot yet IMO. Is that the beginnings of a Hive top right?

Bob Saget

Looks like she's wearing Reeboks

Nightmare Asylum

Oh crap, we got a hive forming alright.

Quote from: Bob Saget on May 21, 2024, 02:23:39 PMLooks like she's wearing Reeboks

https://x.com/steveasbell/status/1792924496174682564

Feeds On Minds

Feeds On Minds

Eww. The more I see, the more it just looks like a cheap imitation of things we've already seen. I love Evil Dead 2013, but Fede is coming off like a hack with this one.

I wonder if thers gonna be a single original line of dialog..

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I love how much we're seeing - like the shoes, for example, or the overall look of the Renaissance Station itself in its transitionary state between what we've seen in Alien and Aliens - that are thankfully not at all 1:1 with anything from the previous movies, but feel like they could have come from the from the same manufacturing plant and were created with the same in-universe design (and functionality) philosophy.

If they were just Ripley's shoes, or if the Corbelan did just look identical to the Nostromo, then we'd have some problems. But that's not what's going on here, and I really like the design language of what we are getting from the human side of things.

EDIT: Here's Fandango's original upload. The Bloody Disgusting repost of it is a bit cropped, this one shows off more of the hive imagery:

https://x.com/Fandango/status/1792914519301185727

BigDaddyJohn

That's exciting, I love it.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 21, 2024, 02:41:37 PMEDIT: Here's Fandango's original upload. The Bloody Disgusting repost of it is a bit cropped, this one shows off more of the hive imagery:

https://x.com/Fandango/status/1792914519301185727

^^Yay! :)👉👈 Meat with potatoes!🥩🥔 <3

...even if this movie👀☝️ is a fanserve fest lol😅🙏 without much to contribute to the lore, but god it feels good!🤤 the dirty, rusty cassette futurism of the original films!!!📽🎬 *pure nostalgia***

~😪🤧👉👈...cos Godf**k aye, Covenant might be less luxurious and more industrial than Prometheus; but it still looked like new hardware to me.

That being said, I can't wait for the new trailer! 8)🙏

Although🤓👉👈✨️🌈🌌👀 I am still very excited about the Noah Hawley TV series

8)👉👈

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I know it's just a production still but it's a bit overlit.

Hopefully the actual film will be much darker.

Nightmare Asylum

The lighting/light sources actually remind me a bit of this production still from Aliens:

Maybe it's just the way the tungsten glow is bouncing off of the hive material.

Mr.M

Looks good. Being that it is a set photo, the film will look better. Can't wait for this to come out.

GrimmVision

I'm wondering how early on they make the realization that Andy, as a synthetic, doesn't need to worry about carrying a weapon.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 21, 2024, 03:22:08 PMThe lighting/light sources actually remind me a bit of this production still from Aliens:

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/aliens-still-068.jpg
Maybe it's just the way the tungsten glow is bouncing off of the hive material.

Yeah, colour and lighting does look very similar. Again, a little too much light and saturation. Always prefered the stills from Alien:

TheDerelict

This is going to be the best Alien film ever made. There, I said it.
Come on with the trailer already.

Mr.M

This a pretty big reveal for a picture. There should be a trailer dripping here soon given the reveal.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed