All Star Trek

Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 346,413 times)

Wweyland

Wweyland

Anyone play the Voyager: Elite Force games? I have been itching for them for more than 20 years.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I had so much fun with the Elite Force games back in the day. I replayed the first a couple years back since it was available as vaporware for ages. It's now on GoG though, I think.

Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 07, 2024, 01:51:15 PMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy0HZPg-3rQ

Okay, so I'm not a huge fan of Discovery or the first two seasons of Picard, but 4 minutes in and "it takes a brave crew of adventurers and turns them into a crew of millennials who instead of facing the fear of the unknown are continually turning to each other in the face of the ultimate fears."

If that's your takeaway and complaint of nu-Trek...I just...wow. Of the things I dislike about the newer Star Trek, that is certainly not one of them and not something to critize at all in my opinion. That's just healthy. 

Ingwar

Ingwar

I just like this channel and agree (not always) with him a lot what he says. He's got huge knowledge about sci-fi and great content about Asimov, Herbert, Dick (including Blade Runner), Lem, Ursula Le Guin, Gibson and so on. Do I always agree with him? Of course not but his channel is worth giving a go.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

TIL this was Tim Russ (aka Tuvok).

SM

SM

I love how Dark Helmet uses the megaphone right in Sandurz ear but just yells to those guys.

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

Quote from: Wweyland on Apr 08, 2024, 06:46:27 AMAnyone play the Voyager: Elite Force games? I have been itching for them for more than 20 years.

I want to play that game too, since supposedly its the only game worth playing based on the Voyager series.

ace3g

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Romulan War or nothing please.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: Cougerboy on Apr 09, 2024, 08:23:32 AM
Quote from: Wweyland on Apr 08, 2024, 06:46:27 AMAnyone play the Voyager: Elite Force games? I have been itching for them for more than 20 years.

I want to play that game too, since supposedly its the only game worth playing based on the Voyager series.
Perhaps only games worth playing in the Star Trek series?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Strong disagree there. Bridge Commander was hella fun, as were the Armada games. So was Borg.

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

Quote from: Wweyland on Apr 12, 2024, 10:11:57 AM
Quote from: Cougerboy on Apr 09, 2024, 08:23:32 AM

Perhaps only games worth playing in the Star Trek series?

Star Trek games have a mixed reputation, some are good, others not so good, and quite a lot are just plain terrible.

The good ones, ah the classic games from Interplay like Star Trek 25th anniversary and Starfleet Command  (starship strategy and combat) were great fun. The graphics are pretty dated of course now, but there is still value to playing it for the sheer fun of it.  (Sadly I don't think they have published any notable games in recent years, although technically the company isn't bankrupt and has not shuttered its doors, its more a shell company now I guess),

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 12, 2024, 10:48:05 AMStrong disagree there. Bridge Commander was hella fun, as were the Armada games. So was Borg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jBYkjBF8Zw

I like Bridge Commander, reminded me of an earlier starship simulator game, Starfleet Academy, that was less well received, with a somewhat clunky plot about a conspiracy within the federation itself, although I did enjoy the fact it was set in the original series movie era when you get to play the Enterprise A and interact with Kirk himself.

As for Borg, wow, that was the pre-First Contact era, when the Borg had the original Next Generation TV budget look. But otherwise, yeah, it was a fun game.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

He's 93 and this is from earlier today.  Look at him go.

Ingwar

Ingwar

93?! :o

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

He looks like he could have another go on the bridge of a starship right now.  He might not be running around and getting into fistfights with Klingons, but he could definitely sit in that chair and give orders to the crew.

Ingwar

Ingwar

I would love to see that. Him and Scott (age 86) must be some Nexus model. It's ridiculous. I'm 52 years younger than Shatner and he still looks sharp as f**k.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed