All Star Trek

Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 349,380 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Feb 07, 2024, 03:11:24 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 10, 2024, 11:54:25 PMhttps://twitter.com/Variety/status/1745232301418561706

Another origin story?

The article just says set decades before the original. Don't give me Pike or April, I'm getting that from SNW. Now...give me the Romulan-Earth War and I'm all aboard. That said, that old script for a film set in that period wasn't great though.

SM

SM

Just do more with Pine and co. That cast had a good dynamic.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I don't disagree there. I do genuinely think they did a fantastic job with casting and Beyond was legitimately good.

Immortan Jonesy

ace3g

ace3g

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Look! EMPEROR PALPATINE in the original tv show🙊🙈😅

...also I also started watching Star Trek: Deep Space Nine since it is described as creme de la creme by some creature on the internet...possibly a sapien primate like me...but who kwnos in these days....

~ 👀👉👈🤖😅

Immortan Jonesy

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Should be more angry. "That's it? A bridge falls on me?"

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 24, 2024, 05:36:47 AMShould be more angry. "That's it? A bridge falls on me?"

I wasn't necessarily against Kirk being killed off, unlike some nutty trekkies, but I did have an issue with the way they killed off Kirk. So underwhelming. And maybe downright disrespectful to the character even. That is why "Generations" is always subpar in my view.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Of all the myriad ways he nearly died in TOS and the movies, the way he actually did die was insultingly mundane.

His death should have been more like George Kirk's in the first Abrams flick, but on the bridge of the Enterprise-A.

SM

SM

Kirk had that cool speech about making a difference, but the stakes weren't big enough in Generations. Some nothing planet whose inhabitants we never see.

The Shats follow up novels where he gets resurrected by the Romulans and Borg were kinda fun.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

And yet this is beautiful...

Wweyland

Wweyland

Shatner looks like 63.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

And weren't the inhabitants basically cavemen?

SM

SM

Something like that. There is a kind of nobility in sacrifice to save people who'll never know about it. But this wasn't the best time for that kind of sacrifice.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed