Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer!

Started by MudButt, Mar 19, 2024, 10:45:28 PM

Author
Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer! (Read 52,186 times)

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 02, 2024, 12:12:57 AMThe flute scene is great. Maybe even the film's best scene, honestly. Love the interplay between David and Walter there.

Yeah, it's great but I prefer the prologue.

I don't remember seeing extended scene.

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 02, 2024, 09:35:54 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 02, 2024, 12:12:57 AMThe flute scene is great. Maybe even the film's best scene, honestly. Love the interplay between David and Walter there.

Yeah, it's great but I prefer the prologue.

I don't remember seeing extended scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drktnMmHbFs

I wish they kept the longer prologue, the reasoning behind the choice of the track tied in nicely with the film's overall symbolism and also David's motivations.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 01, 2024, 08:07:03 PM... though the prequels also had a lot of Greek myth to their makeup as well

Prometheus. Duuuh

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Apr 01, 2024, 10:22:05 PMWhy not? It's a perfectly cromulent scene.

You blow, I'll do the embiggening

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 02, 2024, 11:56:11 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 01, 2024, 08:07:03 PM... though the prequels also had a lot of Greek myth to their makeup as well

Prometheus. Duuuh

"When Prometheus was caught and brought to justice for his theft, the gods, well, you might say they overreacted a little. The poor man was tied to a rock as an eagle ripped through his belly and ate his liver over and over, day after day, ad infinitum. All because he gave us fire, our first true piece of technology. Fire."

PsyKore

PsyKore

I liked it more when mythology was more of an undertone to the films. Just something to muse about. Alien to me always seemed kinda incidental with it's likening to Pandora's box. Prometheus then later comes along and just feels a bit too try-hard.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I agree, Ridley Scott and his prequels pals didn't bothered themselves with subtelty.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

I'm ok with both take, I feel subtlety puts in more impact once you find out about it

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Subtext is cool, subtle subtext is better.

Kradan

Kradan

Subsubtlesubtext ?

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 02, 2024, 09:04:54 PMSubsubtlesubtext ?

I... read that as something else for a second there.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 02, 2024, 12:12:30 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Apr 02, 2024, 11:56:11 AM

Prometheus. Duuuh

"When Prometheus was caught and brought to justice for his theft, the gods, well, you might say they overreacted a little. The poor man was tied to a rock as an eagle ripped through his belly and ate his liver over and over, day after day, ad infinitum. All because he gave us fire, our first true piece of technology. Fire."

The True Prometheus

When humanity tortured and crucified the last of the Emissaries, the Engineers changed their minds about their creations and planned to destroy us with their biological weapon.

The nanomachines dematerialized an Alien to create something based on the xenomorph's DNA.

The wise council of the Elders decided so. But one of the Engineers wanted to warn humanity by distributing star maps around the world with the coordinates of the Engineers' biological weapons laboratory. That is the fire that the titan gives to humans.

Finally, Prometheus travels to the LV-223 facility to unleash a biological epidemic as sabotage. He himself becomes infected with black goo and heads like a kamikaze towards his own species... ala Fifield... but not before activating the explosive mechanism of the urns.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I always felt that the prequels missed an opportunity by not using this as a creature design.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Apr 02, 2024, 09:11:13 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Apr 02, 2024, 09:04:54 PMSubsubtlesubtext ?

I... read that as something else for a second there.

Subtlebuttsex ?

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: 426Buddy on Apr 02, 2024, 09:49:40 PMI always felt that the prequels missed an opportunity by not using this as a creature design.

https://i.imgur.com/O72hVVd.jpg

I wonder if this PROMETHEUS design is somewhat inspired?

That or it's an Amengi🙊🙈

(jk!😅👉👈)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed