Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer!

Started by MudButt, Mar 19, 2024, 10:45:28 PM

Author
Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer! (Read 57,416 times)

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Apr 01, 2024, 09:17:42 PMThose are promising answers one last question that is related to the movie

Are you hoping to see that this movie will have more sexual themes around the xenomorph? I know this is a weird question, but since HR Geiger art is a little more on the let's say "inspirational" side of the art community, I'm kind of hoping that there are some elements of those themes around the xenomorph. Hell I think we saw one in the trailer with the face hugger removeal.

The psycho-sexual has always been part of the Alien Saga. I do hope it is more like Alien in showing this aspect of the creature.

Local Trouble

BigChapismyBestFriend

Quote from: E. Shaw on Apr 01, 2024, 09:30:28 PM
Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Apr 01, 2024, 09:17:42 PMThose are promising answers one last question that is related to the movie

Are you hoping to see that this movie will have more sexual themes around the xenomorph? I know this is a weird question, but since HR Geiger art is a little more on the let's say "inspirational" side of the art community, I'm kind of hoping that there are some elements of those themes around the xenomorph. Hell I think we saw one in the trailer with the face hugger removeal.

The psycho-sexual has always been part of the Alien Saga. I do hope it is more like Alien in showing this aspect of the creature.
I mean yeah, it's always been part of the franchise, but I feel like it's been focused on less as the years went on when they start to focus on the shooter elements instead of the psycho-sexual elements

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Apr 01, 2024, 09:49:19 PM

I mean yeah, it's always been part of the franchise, but I feel like it's been focused on less as the years went on when they start to focus on the shooter elements instead of the psycho-sexual elements

I agree, Aliens kinda started down playing it. Alien3 brought it back a bit, Alien Resurrection delved into more, though went overboard with The Newborn. I felt Prometheus had it in a few scenes, the Cobra Hugger and Shaw's surgery.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

With Alvarez it's pretty much guaranteed.

BigChapismyBestFriend

Quote from: E. Shaw on Apr 01, 2024, 09:56:33 PM
Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Apr 01, 2024, 09:49:19 PM

I agree, Aliens kinda started down playing it. Alien3 brought it back a bit, Alien Resurrection delved into more, though went overboard with The Newborn. I felt Prometheus had it in a few scenes, the Cobra Hugger and Shaw's surgery.
From what I remember, in resurrection, I did like some of the things they included, I'm totally on board with a newborn being a caterpillar, (I want my boy to be giger like), with the prequels there were some right as you said with Shaw "hugging in bed" with her boyfriend, surgery, the hammerpede going in the dumbasses throat. With covenant the only scene that I remembered that being so suggestible, is the shower scene and that was just cut.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

You forgot about the flute scene.  :laugh:

BigChapismyBestFriend

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 01, 2024, 10:19:16 PMYou forgot about the flute scene.  :laugh:
let not talk about that scene

[cancerblack]

Why not? It's a perfectly cromulent scene.

Ingwar

Ingwar

One of the best scene in Covenant.

BigChapismyBestFriend

No, it's just bad writing

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 01, 2024, 10:19:16 PMYou forgot about the flute scene.  :laugh:

Ingwar

Ingwar

Actually that particular scene is nicely written dialogue-wise.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Apr 01, 2024, 10:47:58 PMNo, it's just bad writing

It's really not.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed