Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer!

Started by MudButt, Mar 19, 2024, 10:45:28 PM

Author
Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer! (Read 57,386 times)

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Mar 25, 2024, 12:20:55 AMMy fingers are crossed, and it's very shaky ground.

I am also crossing my fingers and hoping it will work out, because "its what I choose to believe." -E. Shaw

BigChapismyBestFriend

BigChapismyBestFriend

Ok real talk, for anyone who have seen the Leaks, based off that is the movie going to be good or bad. Don't tell me any leaks just how you feel about the leaks.

I'm not mad, just anxious

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 25, 2024, 12:32:24 AM
Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Mar 25, 2024, 12:20:55 AMMy fingers are crossed, and it's very shaky ground.

I am also crossing my fingers and hoping it will work out, because "its what I choose to believe." -E. Shaw

solace97

solace97

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Mar 25, 2024, 12:40:56 AMOk real talk, for anyone who have seen the Leaks, based off that is the movie going to be good or bad. Don't tell me any leaks just how you feel about the leaks.

;D

That would defeat the purpose. I think you should be excited regardless, it's another alien movie for Christ sakes and you've made it this far so just keep ya head down and the anticipation alive.

But as someone who read the spoilers I will leave you with this  :o   ;D

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Mar 25, 2024, 01:05:21 AM
Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 25, 2024, 12:32:24 AM

https://media1.tenor.com/m/tjMQSt-WO1gAAAAC/fingers-crossed.gif

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Mar 25, 2024, 12:40:56 AMOk real talk, for anyone who have seen the Leaks, based off that is the movie going to be good or bad. Don't tell me any leaks just how you feel about the leaks.

I'll share my thoughts once I see a final cut of the film with finished effects. I don't feel like I can give it a fair critique just yet based on the early version I saw, and also don't want to sway the discussion in any way if I say I like it or don't. I'm saving all of that for closer to release.

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

Okay, so I'm not the biggest Alvarez fan. I love Evil Dead 2013. I like Don't Breathe. Texas Chainsaw was sh*t. But I think he would be perfect for an Alien film... That being said, depending on how it goes, the film could very easily be anchored by that leaked plot element, no matter how good it could be.

That's really my only worry and I won't know until I watch the film.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Hmm I am wondering if those of us that hated the lore butchering in Prometheus/Covenant will be pissed off even more with this movie or relieved. I am hoping for the latter but it is hard to get hopes up with this franchise.

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: The Cruentus on Mar 25, 2024, 10:39:59 AMHmm I am wondering if those of us that hated the lore butchering in Prometheus/Covenant will be pissed off even more with this movie or relieved. I am hoping for the latter but it is hard to get hopes up with this franchise.
Well, the prequels fundamentally changed our perspectives on the space jockeys and not necessarily in a good way because before those films, I don't think anybody imagined bald guys in suits. They also changed up the Giger aesthetics for better or worse. Mostly worse.

What they're doing in this film, they can do any other way that makes way more sense and is much more explicable. Either way, I think people are pissed off no matter which direction they take.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

True there will always be folks that are not pleased. You can't can't please everyone after all.

My gripes with covenant is specifically the super-fast life-cycle and the fact that an android created the "alien", effectively making it not an alien but an artificial lab experiment that is only 20 odd years old by the time of the first movie.

This is why future movies need to ignore or retcon the prequels. Its why I am hoping for the best but being prepared for the worst with this new movie as I am wondering if there is going to be more lore butchering going on. That is why I am wondering that the things that angered fans in the prequels will end up being worse in future films.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

So...while I haven't seen the film myself, from what we know, I'm actually really excited to see it come together.

Spoiler
I think that if you're a fan of the direction The Cold Forge and Into Charybdis took with the goo, and you appreciate what the EU started to do with the black goo, then Romulus sounds right up your street.
[close]

If you just hate prequel elements...nothing I can say there!

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Spoiler
So they are keeping the goo in eh? how unfortunate.  :(  I don't think there is any science that can explain how that mcguffin can be plausible, especially since it does whatever the plot needs....If you go by the tone of the first few movies, Alien is very down to earth and fairly believable in the stuff that is going on, bar a few things obviously.
[close]

These prequels should have simply been seperate universes/standalone movies.

germanator2

germanator2

Eh, I wished Fede came up with his own idea (even if it's silly and far fetch) rather than try and connect it with Prometheus and Covenant.

Nightmare Asylum

As someone that's seen way more from the leaks than I would have liked to, on paper I'm really digging what I'm seeing so far.

Now granted, I'm a filthy prequel (specifically, Covenant) fan, so take my words with as many grains of salt as you deem necessary.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Nothing wrong with liking the prequels, visually they are good and as movies on their own (minus the silly horror tropes) they are enjoyable. It just when it connects to the rest of the franchise, they just don't fit in my opinion. These should have just been standalone or what if movies, or just a completely different movie universe that simply pays homage to some alien aspects.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed