Paul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3?

Started by DARIAS93, Aug 29, 2008, 02:46:07 PM

So who do you think deserves to return and direct AVP3?

Paul W.S Anderson
145 (78.4%)
The Strause Brothers
40 (21.6%)

Total Members Voted: 178

Author
Paul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3? (Read 70,968 times)

David

David

AvP R has better Predator but I think that AvP is better directed. At least thats how I remember it.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: DARIAS93 on Aug 29, 2008, 02:46:07 PMPaul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3?
So who do you think deserves to direct AVP3? and give a really good reason why.

Is suicide an option?

Immortan Jonesy

I like Lovecraftian vibes though :)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 23, 2024, 06:45:49 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 28, 2010, 02:56:40 AMI can see it now

A Michael Bay Film
Aliens vs Predators
NARRATOR: There was a time before the war, a time before the hunt, a time before the fighting. But I will only talk about the explosions.
Camera zooms in on planet surface.
Hundreds of Aliens are crawling out of the ground.
A space ship flies on screen, and a group of Predators get out.
The Predators fire into the crowd of Aliens with giant Plasma cannons, creating numerous explosions that cover up the entire screen.
Camera zooms excessively on a single Alien and Predator as they battle. Claws and tail slash, wrist blades are seen in motion, the Alien makes efficient use of the awesome 3D camera with its headbites.
Armies of Alien and Predators fight, and suddenly, out of nowhere emerges the Predalien. The Predalien goes on a path of excessively zoomed in destruction, stomping on Aliens and Predators alike with no mercy, no remorse.
The predators have lost. They all activate their self destruct mechanisms, and the entire planet explodes in the greatest CGI 3D Super Blu Ray explosion ever witnessed.
The End.

LOL

I have matured enough in the last 14 years to recognize my mistake in claiming that Michael Bay would ever shoot his action sequences "excessively zoomed in." Whatever else can be said of the man and the choices he makes, he does know how to shoot and frame real, kinetic action.

Kradan

Kradan

I have a major soft spot for the first AvP movie. It introduced me to both creatures - I will forever owe it that. Scar was a childhood hero of mine. There're just so many moments that filled 5-year-old me with sheer excitement: Pred ship approaching the Earth, guy being pinned to a wall with decloaking spear, Celtic reveal with trademark roar, Queen being risen out of her cryogenic tomb, whole shifting pyramid thing, huggers jumping in slow-mo, cloaked Preds attack, Grid killing Chopper, Celtic smashing Grid's head against stone pillars (coolest shit EVER), flashback with Preds fighting bazzilions of Aliens  , Scar blasts some Aliens with his AWESOME shoulder cannon, Scar makes Lex a spear, Scar and Lex race against an explosion, final showdown with the Queen, Scar stabs Queen in her head, Preds arrive to take Scar's body and give Lex a better spear, Predbuster emerging ...

So yeah, between the two I would give Anderson another shot

[cancerblack]

Can't dispute the passion that comes with your first exposure to this stuff, and it's great to see.

Who would you pick if you could pick anyone to direct, @Kradan ?

Local Trouble

Imagine if you handed Zack Snyder the original comic and convinced him to adapt it.

[cancerblack]

I'd prefer not to.

Kradan

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 24, 2024, 07:14:54 AMCan't dispute the passion that comes with your first exposure to this stuff, and it's great to see.

Who would you pick if you could pick anyone to direct, @Kradan ?

Damn, I don't know honestly. Zack Snyder actually sounds like an intriguing choice

You know what ? I would be interested to see what the Wachowskis would've come up with

[cancerblack]

I feel like early-career-Snyder would have at least been better than Anderson. Not sure about today.

I can actually f**k with that Wachowski idea a bit though.

My vote would probably go to either David Twohy or some relative newcomer who's heavily inspired by Paul Verhoeven, for the right combination of cynical cheese, world-building and shock value.

SiL

Zack Snyder before he discovered Tarsem Singh could have been an alright pick.

Local Trouble

I wonder if he'd have delivered humanoid rhynth-bursters in an effort to remain slavishly faithful to the comic.

426Buddy

I think with that story it wouldn't hurt if they came out as runners.

How about Guillermo del Toro?

Hard to think of anyone that could pull it off really. Could just go weird and give it to David Lynch.

BlueMarsalis79

David Lynch would start to (rightly) get a headache if you mentioned the word Yautja.

The Cruentus

Say what you want about Paul but he at least admits that his movies are more for entertainment factors than critical reviewing. And he has made some decent and at least memorable movies. Mortal Komabt for example, is popular enough to have actually influenced the source material into using some of plot of the film (Sonya and Johnny romance for example)

Event Horizon is a nice horror movie with some interesting themes.

And while not as humourous and flashy as the original, his version of death race was entertaining enough and had a nice gritty spin.

The RE movies were just popcorn flicks, you could switch your brain off to watch them, well some of them anyways since towards the end the continuity errors just become too noticeble.

And AVP 2004, not great but had some decent premise and ideas. Certainly better than its sequel and less screwing with the lore than Prometheus/Covenant.

Strausse bros only have made two films that I know of and they both were bad movies, but how much of that is entirely their fault is anyone's guess since as newbie directors, I imagine they were more under the thumb of fox than previous directors and to their credit, they did want to set AVPR in space.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed