Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer!

Started by MudButt, Mar 19, 2024, 10:45:28 PM

Author
Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer! (Read 52,180 times)

T Dog

T Dog

Regarding a Queen
Spoiler
I read an article that they brought back the guys who puppetered the Queen in Aliens to puppeter....something. And Fede Alvarez was saying he was helping them underneath with the puppeterring. So I'm assuming there is a Queen at some point in the movie
[close]

solace97

solace97

Hmmm I thought that comment was in regards to the huggers or chaps

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 23, 2024, 08:39:43 AMBanned and tidied. Carry on.

Wow. What happened?

Rankles75

Rankles75

Probably one of the dumbass "woke brigade"?

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Mar 23, 2024, 09:20:13 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 23, 2024, 08:39:43 AMBanned and tidied. Carry on.

Wow. What happened?

Quote from: Rankles75 on Mar 23, 2024, 09:22:50 AMProbably one of the dumbass "woke brigade"?

Standard shenanigans.

Quote from: T Dog on Mar 23, 2024, 08:46:10 AMRegarding a Queen
Spoiler
I read an article that they brought back the guys who puppetered the Queen in Aliens to puppeter....something. And Fede Alvarez was saying he was helping them underneath with the puppeterring. So I'm assuming there is a Queen at some point in the movie
[close]

I suspect it could be all those huggers tbh.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

There seem to be around 10 huggers that break through the door, probably more in the whole film. So I'd say it's likely.

Prince

Prince

I was never big on the Queen and hive aspect in Aliens.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 23, 2024, 10:08:41 AMThere seem to be around 10 huggers that break through the door, porbably more in the whole film. So I'd say it's likely.

From what Fede was saying in that interview, it feels like the teaser didn't blow the films wad too soon, so I can only assume there's more and crazier hugger stuff.

T Dog

T Dog

Here's the quote in full. The bold part got me thinking Queen.

https://www.gamesradar.com/alien-romulus-trailer-breakdown-fede-alvarez-interview/

We went to crazy extents in this movie to do things practically. We had Weta Workshop doing a lot of the Facehuggers. And not only that, we brought back the guys that worked on Aliens. Shane Mahan, who [sculpted] the Queen's head himself, was the one in charge of building all the Xenomorphs for our movie.

And when I say "build", we built them. We did full animatronics for all the creatures in the movie. It was one of the best experiences in my career, just to see these guys that I admire so much, back [working together].

There were moments when we'd need nine puppeteers to make a creature work, and you had all those guys, now in their 60s, under the table. And I'm there with them because there's not enough hands. I got to be under the table, puppeteering these things, with the guys that worked on the original Aliens. So that's been the best part.

[cancerblack]

That's not out of the question for a single "normal" sized Alien with a lot of points of articulation either tbh.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 23, 2024, 10:46:18 AMThat's not out of the question for a single "normal" sized Alien with a lot of points of articulation either tbh.

That's fair, but I'm still thinking there'll be a Queen.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

should I be worried about this film? Like I seen people who seen the leaks and say they're not impress.

SiL

SiL

Spoiler
For what it's worth we know there'sa new hybrid at the end, which is probably what required attention.
[close]

Biggles

Biggles

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Mar 21, 2024, 03:30:19 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 21, 2024, 03:26:16 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on Mar 21, 2024, 02:38:17 PMCool. So is that a proto-Pulse Rifle or something else?

Yes, according to Alvarez it's the older version.

So, the Storm Rifle, then? Or the Harrington Assault Rifle?

The 'Storm Rifle', aside from being extremely lazy web fan-bait with no actual connection to the movie whatsoever, looks like an M41A with a long barrel i.e. not made to look in any way 'retro' despite the huge time gap. This Romulus weapon is an original design. Given Alvarez showed the Tech Manual, it's very likely intended to be, or inspired by, the 'Harrington' from the book. Which is really, really cool. It fits the description perfectly "similar in concept" i.e. over/under rifle/grenade launcher, PR-esque carry handle, magazine/housing and round counter, but different in every detail. I might have preferred something longer and more cumbersome and perhaps closer to present-day designs (especially as Covenant just used Steyr AUGs) but hey, this could easily be the compact variant for security forces since it appears to be quite different from the USCMC brown/green and black look (this appears overall grey in colour with a red vertical band at the front). These are nitpicks - I love this design.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Quote from: SiL on Mar 23, 2024, 11:01:10 AM
Spoiler
For what it's worth we know there'sa new hybrid at the end, which is probably what required attention.
[close]
Spoiler
So that's gonna be like a bad thing, and also I should've done this while I was asking first the question, but I would like to go in this movie blind. That was my bad. It was just how was your reaction to the leaks.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed