Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer!

Started by MudButt, Mar 19, 2024, 10:45:28 PM

Author
Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer! (Read 57,279 times)

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Mar 21, 2024, 09:04:00 AM
Quote from: SiL on Mar 21, 2024, 09:02:08 AMThe rectangular bits on the left hand side look like the back pipes. Could be wrong, but I'd guess we're looking at his back with the chest on the left.
I see it now. Thanks.
Any thought on what he's in?

A giant Engineer Goo cup?

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: Highland on Mar 21, 2024, 09:08:43 AM
Quote from: SiL on Mar 21, 2024, 09:02:08 AMThe rectangular bits on the left hand side look like the back pipes. Could be wrong, but I'd guess we're looking at his back with the chest on the left.
I see it now. Thanks.

No.
I'm guessing it encased itself in resin.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Highland on Mar 21, 2024, 09:08:43 AM
I see it now. Thanks.

Lol it does remind me of that.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Ingwar on Mar 20, 2024, 10:04:29 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 20, 2024, 10:02:19 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Mar 20, 2024, 09:54:54 PMTeaser looks f**king gorgeous!

For me, that's part of the problem.  It looks a bit too clean and polished.  Like the prequels.  I want 70s/80s film grain and grime.

By gorgeous I didn't mean it looks too clean and polished. On the contrary, it looks gritty and dirty. I love the aesthetics.

Don't mind him, he watched it on his phone. Couldn't see all the dirt and grime obviously.

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

I assume that it's Big Chap, yes? If so... My sudden enthusiasm dropped to a low..

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

It is, a character from the Nostromo book.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 20, 2024, 07:22:30 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Mar 20, 2024, 07:21:18 PM
Quote from: T Dog on Mar 20, 2024, 06:53:48 PMIt looks.....fine.
Regarding the shot of the tube coming out of the mouth -
Spoiler
Is that a xeno impregnating someone like a facehugger would?
[close]

Pretty sure it's hugger's

I never imagined that a facehugger's tube could be so...engorged.

I think you see the facehugger legs in stills of that scene. It does look quite large compared to the other times we've seen tubes sticking out, but I can buy into it having the capacity to decrease/increase in size to fit the host accordingly.

Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 20, 2024, 07:35:58 PMThe horde of huggers is a great visual, something I've wanted to see on screen ever since reading Aliens Berserker.
Spoiler
I'm guessing Big Chaps remains are on that table being walked down the hall, must be part of the beginning intro.
[close]

Yeah, I've had Berserker/Frenzy in my mind since hearing about the amount of facehuggers in this too. The glimpse we saw in the teaser looked good too! I think it's actually pretty refreshing having them have such an apparent prominent sequence. We haven't really seen them have any significant scenes where they're doing things other than jumping out of the eggs since Aliens.

SiL

SiL

They were meant to be big players in AvP but their scenes kept getting cut down.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: NoStyleDutch on Mar 20, 2024, 08:24:37 PMNow I can't wait for the podcast breakdown of the trailer lol

Recording tonight! Wont edit this, will just run some automatic processes over it and be up for Friday I hope. Will depend on the video upload.

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 21, 2024, 09:33:50 AM
Quote from: NoStyleDutch on Mar 20, 2024, 08:24:37 PMNow I can't wait for the podcast breakdown of the trailer lol

Recording tonight! Wont edit this, will just run some automatic processes over it and be up for Friday I hope. Will depend on the video upload.
Totally listening then.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: carnotaurus1350 on Mar 20, 2024, 08:25:03 PMFun thing to note - this is labeled as "trailer 2" which seems to imply another trailer is locked and loaded (perhaps where the new social media stinger footage is from):

https://i.imgur.com/fmgxsbH.png
On another note, here's a clearer look at the Xeno and Facehuggers from a ProRes version of the trailer:

https://twitter.com/agarcia_46/status/1770536194541260851

The facehuggers do look significantly different in that shot, not like the one Fede shared in the Alien Day still? A lot more volume to them. I can see the Super Facehugger vibes in the colours there too.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 20, 2024, 09:17:47 PMI like the rifle itself.  It's a nice marriage of the aesthetics from both of the first two films.

Honestly, after those boring rifles in Prometheus and that awfully lazy AUG in Covenant, it's really refreshing to actually see some effort put into creating a new weapon! I like the looks of this predecessor Pulse Rifle. Can definitely see the design linage in it, it also looks like a slightly awkward version of the M41A too. I also get a smirk out of it being white as all the stuff manufactured for Weyland in Fireteam Elite was also white.

Highland

Highland

My first impression of that throat thing was that was the new creature. I didn't freeze frame it or anything though.

Mala'kak

Mala'kak

Now this looks awesome! I really like the Facehuggers and how dangerous they are.

Can't wait for the full trailer  8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed