Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer!

Started by MudButt, Mar 19, 2024, 10:45:28 PM

Author
Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer! (Read 57,365 times)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Mar 20, 2024, 06:57:18 PMDon't give a shit. Yawn

Nobody here cares for your shit takes either so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Imbrie on Mar 20, 2024, 04:48:55 PMThe movie's ambition appears to be to move well away from the direction that Prometheus was to kickstart and rediscover the horror of the original movie. I, personally, think that's the right move for the first movie after Covenant to take and to not try to introduce grander themes. Simplicity and terror look to be key to this one.

Back to basics approach worked great for Predator

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 20, 2024, 06:29:23 PM
Quote from: Mr.Turok on Mar 20, 2024, 06:12:57 PMAnd I just realize if there are multiple Aliens, why call it Alien Romulus and not ALIENS Romulus?

Because it wasn't Aliens: Resurrection or Aliens: Covenant either.

Indeed, it's called the Alien franchise, not the Aliens franchise.

jacobo1122

jacobo1122

Typically for first trailers, it didn't show much, but it looks promising, it feels moody, bloody and claustrophobic, jus as it should be. And they got me with swarm of facehuggers. It is a visual that was present in fandom's imagination because of some EU works, but seeing it in the movie will be terryfing.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: T Dog on Mar 20, 2024, 06:53:48 PMIt looks.....fine.
Regarding the shot of the tube coming out of the mouth -
Spoiler
Is that a xeno impregnating someone like a facehugger would?
[close]

Pretty sure it's hugger's

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 20, 2024, 07:21:18 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Pretty sure it's hugger's

I never imagined that a facehugger's tube could be so...engorged.

Kradan

Kradan

I mean, we all know what it is

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

My only criticism is that there are only 6 actors for the entire movie, and way too many facehuggers. I mean, how many deaths we could have in the film, lets assume that at least 5. Im sorry but that really isnt enough to me. In the original Alien, there were 7 actors, so about one more than in the Romulus. Its not a serious problem or something, no, but I would expect that there would be at least 10 actors if not more, especially when there arent any famous stars. Poor facehuggers will have a pretty hard time with these "kids" they will gonna be in their survival mode, becuase there wouldnt be enough "bodies" for them, well. . if there wont be a 6 facehuggers, lol.

Other than that, judging by the trailer. I think that this film is looking seriously great, the CGI effects are obviously still not finished, thats fine. But the athmosphere is top notch, and the level of violence looks very, very promising. I wonder how the other creatures would look like, the "new" creatures made by the "black goo" stuff etc. Even the camera angles are looking tasty, and sound perspective is very familiar.

I expect and hope that since they doesnt have any big names attached to this film, that they throw the entire budget to the effects and environment. The existence of Ash "cameo" on the other hand is at least in my eyes totally useless, thats another part of the budget wasted to something that is not even that important, I will rather see another Android portrayed by a real living person, yes I know there is a one, but I mean that in the context of this Ash CGI "cameo".
The fact is, that in the first Alien movie, Ash was android that no one know about, even the entire crew of Nostromo doesnt know that till the last moment. So, I find it a bit silly that now, in this movie, they are trying to portray the Ash not as an unique individual, but rather as a part of series form by the same looking Androids, and thats a bit odd to me. If Ash was really an android made by dozens and dozens of the same looking androids, than it is weird and dull that that the crew of Nostromo doesnt know that.
I mean, "hey we have a bunch of same looking androids in our age of space travel, but we dont know that we have that one in our ship"? That is dull. Ash in the first movie should be the one and only android of its kind, or at least I think that the first Alien movie clearly wanted to show that, thats why the Nostromo crew doesnt know about him being an android. Or am I wrong?

lv_226

lv_226

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Mar 20, 2024, 06:57:18 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 20, 2024, 06:56:05 PMI like it.

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Mar 20, 2024, 06:46:54 PMAlso hopefully since it looks like there isn't an adult in the lot of them, that they aren't pandering that zim zer nonsense. If this movie is a follow up to the original, then there shouldn't be any modern culture war BS in it.

Yawn.

Don't give a shit. Yawn

Really man? Do you have to be that way? It takes a lot of energy to be disagreeable. We don't have to like the same things, but it takes nothing to either keep quiet or be polite.

T Dog

T Dog

Folks, there's a new Alien movie coming out, let's be chill and not derail things any further.

426Buddy

426Buddy

The horde of huggers is a great visual, something I've wanted to see on screen ever since reading Aliens Berserker.
Spoiler
I'm guessing Big Chaps remains are on that table being walked down the hall, must be part of the beginning intro.
[close]

Aquarius8

Aquarius8

So the Timeline is Between "Alien" and "Aliens" which was a long gap of Ridley's cryosleep.  So basically an "Isolation" scenario where Wayland-Yutani is doing experimentation on a Space Station just like Amanda and this crew somehow ends up there.  The fact it was a swarm of huggers means there's a lot of eggs on the Station. Yes there was the one Alien at the end but based on the huggers they must be dealing with multiple Aliens. 

I didn't see any Colonial Marines but there seemed to be some security forces by the door.  But everyone was basically running for their lives so I got more of an "Alien"/"Alien 3" vibe. What I enjoy about the Alien Franchise is that there's always Different directors (Outside of Ridley) so there's always a new vision and style with each film.  Though I did want to see David's story finish in "Awakening" or even some alternate timeline "Alien 5".  But I'm fine with this teaser of an isolated Alien Story between 1 and 2. 

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

F&CK YEAH! IT LOOKS GORGEOUS!   8 :o  8)  ;D  This movie is probably the "resurrection" that the franchise needed.
BTW, is it me or I´ve got vibes from Alien: Isolation?

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

Spoiler
So, is Big Chap alive and causes chaos on the space station or is he dead and they just clone him or something? Go ahead, spoil it for me.
[close]

irn

irn

Optimism is high after that teaser trailer!

Quote from: razeak on Mar 20, 2024, 07:02:43 PM
Spoiler
[close]
BRO.......that looks like it would belong to something......larger. lol.

I think it's someone taking a facehugger off someone's face.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed