Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer!

Started by MudButt, Mar 19, 2024, 10:45:28 PM

Author
Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer! (Read 57,456 times)

DaveT937

DaveT937

"Produced by Walter Hill"

locusta

locusta

So, they went with a Covenant creature design or similar? That´s concerning.

Prince

Prince

Would Big Chap attack a different breed of xeno ?

MudButt

MudButt

Really good teaser.

Love the atmosphere and visuals already.

Ulfer

Ulfer

What I have read about this movie seems to indicate that it has no great ambition beyond a new iteration of what we've already seen, I guess. I hope that the movie will also provide some other things but I am not really enthusiastic, although I suppose it will be well done.
I have been quite critical about the prequels, but they enlarged quite a bit the universe. Will this movie give some food for thought beyond the return of the same?
I'd rather have an Alien Isolation 2 or a new video game of this (great) ilk. There is great potentiel there. But as for a new movie, I would rather prefer conceptual new entries rather than the omnipresence of the good old Xeno.

Imbrie

Imbrie

Quote from: Ulfer on Mar 20, 2024, 04:43:27 PMWhat I have read about this movie seems to indicate that it has no great ambition beyond a new iteration of what we've already seen, I guess. I hope that the movie will also provide some other things but I am not really enthusiastic, although I suppose it will be well done.
I have been quite critical about the prequels, but they enlarged quite a bit the universe. Will this movie give some food for thought beyond the return of the same?
I'd rather have an Alien Isolation 2 or a new video game of this (great) ilk. There is great potentiel there. But as for a new movie, I would rather prefer conceptual new entries rather than the omnipresence of the good old Xeno.

The movie's ambition appears to be to move well away from the direction that Prometheus was to kickstart and rediscover the horror of the original movie. I, personally, think that's the right move for the first movie after Covenant to take and to not try to introduce grander themes. Simplicity and terror look to be key to this one.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: DaveT937 on Mar 20, 2024, 04:39:39 PM"Produced by Walter Hill"

He always gets producer credit (and check) on any new Alien movie even if he wasn't involved.

Comes from his original contract on Alien.

oduodu

oduodu

"it has no great ambition beyond a new iteration of what we've already seen"

that s what i am afraid of.

let s hope it s more than that.

fingers crossed.

Game_Over_Man

Remember...we do have Noah Hawley's retro vision to look forward to.

Enjoy

Enjoy

Magor aliens Ripley vibes with the pulse rifle.  Looks good but it comes down to acting and the cast to make or break this for me . Great looking face huggers.  and the flares remind me of the t-rex scene in Jurassic Park .

Rankles75

Rankles75

Just a shame Cailee Spaeny's character clearly dies at the end of the trailer...  ;D

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on Mar 20, 2024, 04:32:24 PMCorridor in the beginning very reminiscent of the Nostromo.

Also see the pulse rifle variant at the end.

Aliens vibes as well  :o

I can't wait to see the Alien and also...

Spoiler
the new creature
[close]

chrisandy

chrisandy

I can't be the only one who thinks this looks very much like something made for Hulu, right? Everyone just looks so.. artificial. And the whole PR "we tried to do everything practical and hired all the guys from Aliens" certainly doesn't jive with the bountiful CGI in the trailer, particularly the running face huggers. And the shot of the ostensible protagonist walking out holding the rifle just has no weight to it whatsoever.. it invokes absolutely nothing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed