Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 150,745 times)

solace97

solace97

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Mar 14, 2024, 08:30:22 PMNo idea, as I'm not connected with him. But I know if I was in his shoes and found out, I'd be more than a little bummed that the surprises are out of the bag.

Yeah I don't mind spoiling it for myself but it would have been nice to go in completely blind on this one. But god damn spoilers to any alien or predator movie is like setting a nice ice cold beer down in front of an alcoholic after a long work day

Scott Conover

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Mar 15, 2024, 12:00:58 AM
Quote from: SiL on Mar 14, 2024, 11:59:11 PMThe average Alien movie is a little under two hours, around 1:50ish.

True, but i wanted an Alien 3 Assembly Cut or James Cameron's Aliens runtime for this one.

That's not gonna happen. At least not at first. This franchise is on thin ice. There was a decade between successful films (Only if you include predator, otherwise we're looking at 12 years), and Prey didn't even get a theatrical release. For 20th/Disney this movie is far from a guaranteed hit so I very much doubt they will let this go over 2 hours in length.

SiL

SiL

Fede likes to get the tension started quickly and keep it there as long as he can, which isn't sustainable over such a long time frame.

Prez

Prez

Gonna be hard to keep the intensity up over 2 hours unless you build it up like Nolan likes to do (Oppenheimer for example did it for me). Can't see how you can do that with an Alien film. Alien & Aliens both had a slow start (about 60 mins each if I'm correct before things really got heated).

MudButt

MudButt

I'd be surprised if this movie is longer than 100-105 minutes.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: MudButt on Mar 15, 2024, 05:59:55 AMI'd be surprised if this movie is longer than 100-105 minutes.

Don't Breathe & Evil Dead were around the 90-minute mark. Think you're probably right.

BigDaddyJohn

I was thinking 1h40 - 1h50 maybe.

Kradan

Kradan

If last Saw movie can be around 2hr mark, so can Romulus

BigDaddyJohn

But it was so unnecessary though.

SiL

SiL

Yeah that movie didn't need to be that long.

Kradan

Kradan

I had been skeptical about X announced runtime (personally think hour and a half is perfect for a Saw movie) but felt that movie was paced quite well

SiL

SiL

It wasn't too bad, but could've been a good ten minutes shorter.

Kradan

Kradan

Fair enough

PortugueseXeno

Mike, since those V-Scooper "leak" images had an orange-red filter, can you say if that was just a tease from them in regards to how the movie would look visually.

The images are clearly AI generated, but maybe the color was added on purpose in order to tease the overall aesthetic of the movie.

Fyi, you don't have to feel obligated to respond, but i am just shooting my chance since you answered some questions regarding the Xeno's animatronic/puppet, so the more tecnhical aspects of the film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed