Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 150,669 times)

Mike’s Monsters

Not entirely. Pickups could have come from notes Ridley or producers gave. There's a chance they have alternate takes or footage that could be swapped based off of audience reaction. There's always time to go back for some very last minute reshoots if they find they got a bad response from the tests. August is still a liiiiittle ways away.

BigDaddyJohn

I wonder if they can still change the Rook thing. Considering of course there would be a huge backlash resulting from the leaks about that.

MudButt

MudButt

They could easily swap with a real vocal performance. Will they do that?

That's the question.

You have to imagine that once it's revealed AI was used the general public will push back on it especially after the recent strikes.

Mike’s Monsters

It wasn't 100% accurate to the voice we know either, hence why I'm thinking it was an impersonator. It could easily be an AI voice program too though. But I do know it was a puppet, and I believe was intended to keep it all practical. I believe a lot of the practical effects are going to have CGI enhancements or replacements in some areas.

BigDaddyJohn

So this is good news right ? Regarding the ethical question I mean.

Mike’s Monsters

I think that is up to each individual to decide themselves.

MudButt

MudButt

I've got a real hard time believing Disney/20th Century would use AI in a movie so soon after the strikes..

I am going to hold any judgement until I see the finished product though.

solace97

solace97

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Mar 14, 2024, 08:19:16 PMI think that is up to each individual to decide themselves.

Do you know if Fede is pissed about the leaks?

Mike’s Monsters

No idea, as I'm not connected with him. But I know if I was in his shoes and found out, I'd be more than a little bummed that the surprises are out of the bag.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Mar 14, 2024, 08:08:14 PMIt wasn't 100% accurate to the voice we know either, hence why I'm thinking it was an impersonator. It could easily be an AI voice program too though. But I do know it was a puppet, and I believe was intended to keep it all practical. I believe a lot of the practical effects are going to have CGI enhancements or replacements in some areas.
Hmm, this changes my mind somewhat, though I can't give you a logical reason why. If it's a puppet, it somehow feels less bad than if it was a CGI/AI stand-in, if only because of the original Ash puppet.

If it's only trying to be the android, and not the human, then that feels a bit better, especially if the voice isn't 100% accurate either.

Acid_Reign161

I personally don't mind at all (I'd prefer practical effects, but cgi enhancements in this case would be welcomed to make it more 'alive'). I'm actually surprised at the backlash to this one to be honest, when I first read the leak I was really excited. Each to their own I guess. 🤷🏻

Slutty Badger

PortugueseXeno

PortugueseXeno

I wonder what the runtime for this movie will be.

Fede's horror movies have mostly been 1h30 min, but i think that is too little for me to when it comes to new alien content.

I would be cool with it being 2h10 min or 2h20 min like Cameron's Aliens.

Go big or go home.

Also, even though i don't mind being spoiled or seeing the spoilers, i have to admit that i would prefer to have known about those spoilers after the trailer was released.

I wanted to see the visuals, aesthetic and characters of the movie first, before knowing about what the premise is, so now it feels like a book adaptation (but without an actual book), where i'm already picturing these actors in whatever look, hairstyle and clothes they have, while forcing my own cinematography into this.

Which is curious because V-Scooper's leaks (made by AI imagery) had a red-orange filter, so i wonder if that was a tease as to what this movie's color pallete will be like.

And no, that set pic from last year's Alien Day doesn't count as a tease.

Also, i still think that the Special Order 937 theory was better (i'm biased), but i can't wait to see what Fede has brought to this franchise, not to mention that i loved his Evil Dead and Don't Breathe.

SiL

SiL

The average Alien movie is a little under two hours, around 1:50ish.

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: SiL on Mar 14, 2024, 11:59:11 PMThe average Alien movie is a little under two hours, around 1:50ish.

True, but i wanted an Alien 3 Assembly Cut or James Cameron's Aliens runtime for this one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed