Aliens Bishop

Started by felix, Apr 19, 2023, 04:56:25 AM

Author
Aliens Bishop (Read 80,339 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Feb 21, 2024, 10:20:18 AMYup. And that message is delivered in the form of Ripley making the ultimate sacrifice to do what's right. But was it worth it?
Whether it's "worth it" or not is entirely irrelevant.

Neila

Neila

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 21, 2024, 02:26:56 AMAll Right Fincherholics! come here to fight for Alien³ >:(✊️

Edit - except me cos I'm just a pleb who loves orange soda :'(👉👈

https://s9.gifyu.com/images/SF9DQ.gif

Oh, is it that time again?

The people who don't like Alien 3 won't stop bashing the film, while people who love the film or think it's good will forever defend it.
(and these are clearly the ones who are right, we all know that)
:D

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

Erhmegerd.. like.. who cares? I love me some Alien 3, I also recognize its flaws and stuff, and it does have some moments that come across a little nihilistic, but overall, it's not, because the ending relays hope.

Hmm it's also why some expanded stuff bugs me.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I would love for a sequel to Alien 3 to show us that Ripley sacrificed herself for nothing if only so everyone who celebrated the pointless deaths of Hicks and Newt can see what it's like.  Then I could say:

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Does Resurrection not exist? I do not let it bother me though.

SiL

SiL

Resurrection respects the sacrifice by having her wipe out the species for all intents and purposes and making them resort to f**kery to bring it back.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

True enough.

Also the Alien took twenty years in real world time to make it back to the silver screen.

Resurrection 1997, Covenant 2017, no the AVPs do not count. Same with Predator actually. Predator 2 1990 and Predators 2010.

SM

SM

Every piece of post Alien 3 EU : I told you, you ain't saving no universe, sister. lol lmao

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I appreciate with most of the videogame entries, well the recent ones, they have made an effort to not step on that as much. In Isolation and Dark Descent particularly. The former by being pretty insular, the latter by basically
Spoiler
sacrificing a more developed world than ever before, because they came from beneath the earth itself.
[close]

Neila

Neila

the first script draft of a4 was without ripley.
But the studio didn't have the balls to carry on without her.
I liked enough things in A4 but if I had had something to say the series would have continued after A3 with other characters.
As an alien fan you have to get used to the fact that many of the victims in this story are completely pointless.

Ripley probably knew at the end of A3 that WY would continue to search for these creatures in space.
But she had no choice and couldn't trust that she would be saved.

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: Neila on Feb 22, 2024, 09:40:38 AMthe first script draft of a4 was without ripley.
I liked enough things in A4 but if I had had something to say the series would have continued after A3 with other characters.
As an alien fan you have to get used to the fact that many of the victims in this story are completely pointless.

Ripley probably knew at the end of A3 that WY would continue to search for these creatures in space.

That's why we have books! Novels that absolutely make Alien 3's ending ultimately meaningless.

Alternate continuity.

SM

SM

Quote from: Neila on Feb 22, 2024, 09:40:38 AMthe first script draft of a4 was without ripley.

Ripley's place in the story for Aliens and then Alien 3 made her being a victim not pointless however.

Wweyland

Wweyland

I'm seeing many parallels with Uncle Bob's sacrifice at the end of T2.
At least, it might have given humanity an extended period of time before Judgment Day (which still happened in all the sequels).
Maybe Ripley also bought some time.

SM

SM

200 years worth.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Or about two weeks if you go by this book...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed