Dan Trachtenberg To Direct New Standalone ‘Predator’ Movie ‘Badlands’ As 20th Ce

Started by MudButt, Feb 09, 2024, 06:03:51 PM

Author
Dan Trachtenberg To Direct New Standalone ‘Predator’ Movie ‘Badlands’ As 20th Ce (Read 34,302 times)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Feb 10, 2024, 08:56:11 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Feb 10, 2024, 06:54:34 PMGlad this thread got tidied up faster than I could hit "report".
What's did I miss? The usual "woke" crap?

With an added dose of bringing up trans stuff for no reason.

Mike’s Monsters

If anyone wants to hear me gush about the news, I made a little video. I may also have shown a little tease of something I have from ROMULUS. Very tease. Much Excite.

SiL

SiL

At 2:21? The thing that looks like Big Chap with a spiky head next to the blurred plaque?

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: SiL on Feb 10, 2024, 10:50:03 PMAt 2:21? The thing that looks like Big Chap with a spiky head next to the blurred plaque?

That is a Super7 figure. But the blurred thing on the other hand...

SiL

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 10, 2024, 11:03:29 PM
Quote from: SiL on Feb 10, 2024, 10:50:03 PMAt 2:21? The thing that looks like Big Chap with a spiky head next to the blurred plaque?

That is a Super7 figure. But the blurred thing on the other hand...
Yeah I thought the blurred thing was the thing, just wanted to make sure I described the scene.

BlueMarsalis79

That bit with RidgeTop was cute.

The Shuriken

If production is to start soon, within this year. That means that so much behind the scenes must already be done. Predator design, filming locations, unannounced casting.

Perhaps it won't be long after till we see what this Predator looks like.

XENOMORPHOSIS

@The Shuriken

Do you suppose the creature effects gig will either go to atom Woodruff jr or Alec Gillis effects sconce there partnership has separated, or could it go to Legacy Effects formally Stan Winston studios, depends who's schedule is clear, can meet the requirements of the budget. Hope they keep what works, learn from mistakes that were made and improve. Hopefully there's again of practical effects and cgi.

skhellter

looking forward to the future setting where the predators have mastered autism

Mike’s Monsters

I've heard things are shooting tests very soon. As in the next month or so.
Meaning production has already been well under way.

The Shuriken

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 11, 2024, 02:17:26 AMI've heard things are shooting tests very soon. As in the next month or so.
Meaning production has already been well under way.

Was this movie seemingly unaffected by the writers and actors strike? It had to be in pre-production by that time, and the strikes delayed and pushed back a lot of movies.

Yet this one seems full speed ahead.

Mike’s Monsters

No idea. Could have been written before the strikes. I'd noticed Dan and Dane both have visited Studio Gillis in the last few months. So I'm putting two and two together and assuming things have been going on for a while. But knowing they've got some tests coming up tells me they are a lot further along than we probably thought initially.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Feb 10, 2024, 11:45:04 PMThat bit with RidgeTop was cute.

Always love dropping a little cute @RidgeTop moment here and there.

Nightmare Asylum

Also cute was the statement that some day, we'll hear more about Blomkamp's project.

I was never particuarly excited about that movie itself, but I am VERY excited to learn as much as I can about what it was going to be.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed