Dan Trachtenberg To Direct New Standalone ‘Predator’ Movie ‘Badlands’ As 20th Ce

Started by MudButt, Feb 09, 2024, 06:03:51 PM

Author
Dan Trachtenberg To Direct New Standalone ‘Predator’ Movie ‘Badlands’ As 20th Ce (Read 32,379 times)

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: RoguePred1987 on Feb 10, 2024, 11:38:52 AMA number of actress' have been voicing their enthusiasm for 'Badlands' and jumping at the opportunity to be in it. It's really awesome to see the positivity for the franchise outside of the fanbase.

What are the other actresses?

But yeah, it's really cool to see that much posivity surrounding the franchise.

XENOMORPHOSIS

I'm curious to see what they have planned. There's something I must confess, is there a formula/ rule for the the series written in stone that the hero under insurmountable always defeats the Predator at the end? is it wrong of me that I hope we someday get Predator movies where the Predator wins/Survives the hunt? Just to make it a bit fresh, different unexpected.

Rankles75

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Feb 10, 2024, 01:13:20 PMI'm curious to see what they have planned. There's something I must confess, is there a formula/ rule for the the series written in stone that the hero under insurmountable always defeats the Predator at the end? is it wrong of me that I hope we someday get Predator movies where the Predator wins/Survives the hunt? Just to make it a bit fresh, different unexpected.

Yeah, would like to see that too.

ace3g

One thing I hope for in future movies is not re-using quotes/scenes/music beats from the first movie.  Those are some of the issues I had with Predators and Prey.

The Shuriken

I need the Predator to actually look like the Predator this time. It's the most important part of every Predator movie to me. I don't think I can handle a second Feral.

Now the clock starts ticking until either my hype, or immeasurable disappointment.

kwisatz

Quote from: ace3g on Feb 10, 2024, 02:25:09 PMOne thing I hope for in future movies is not re-using quotes/scenes/music beats from the first movie.  Those are some of the issues I had with Predators and Prey.

hatehatehate stuff like that

Spoiler
hatehate
[close]

Rankles75

The one thing I definitely don't want in the next movie is the damn stupid Wilhelm scream. Couldn't believe they used that in Prey, took me right out of the movie for the next 5 minutes or so...

The Shuriken

Quote from: Rankles75 on Feb 10, 2024, 05:11:11 PMThe one thing I definitely don't want in the next movie is the damn stupid Wilhelm scream. Couldn't believe they used that in Prey, took me right out of the movie for the next 5 minutes or so...

I imagine people put that in movies purpose. Wilhelm scream is classic. Outdated but still classic.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Weird question I'm asking, but much like many of the comics back in the day, Predator c Jessie James, Predayor vs Tarzan, Predator vs Batman etc do you suppose 20th Century Studios/Disney would be open to licence Predator and collaborate along with another studio and intellectual property for a cross over movie, I give Alien vs Predator a pass because the two are compatible with the type of monsters they are and genre, whereas something like a Jason Bourne, John Wick or Super Hero is very very very unlikely, would turn out ridiculous and be working against the 20th century studios aim of all them profits from themselves. Is it out of the realm of possibility they'd consider allowing Predator to be utilised in such a movie crossover if the circumstances allow for it?

[cancerblack]

Glad this thread got tidied up faster than I could hit "report".

Frank

Cool news to hear. I do wish one day we get a sequel to Predators 2010

RoguePred1987

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Feb 10, 2024, 06:17:00 PMWeird question I'm asking, but much like many of the comics back in the day, Predator c Jessie James, Predayor vs Tarzan, Predator vs Batman etc do you suppose 20th Century Studios/Disney would be open to licence Predator and collaborate along with another studio and intellectual property for a cross over movie, I give Alien vs Predator a pass because the two are compatible with the type of monsters they are and genre, whereas something like a Jason Bourne, John Wick or Super Hero is very very very unlikely, would turn out ridiculous and be working against the 20th century studios aim of all them profits from themselves. Is it out of the realm of possibility they'd consider allowing Predator to be utilised in such a movie crossover if the circumstances allow for it?

Is Tarzan in public domain? I'm not sure, I don't think he is but its worth looking into. If enough confidence in the franchise builds on the studio side of things it would be nice if they considered some animated DTV's. Thats how the AVP anime got started, a handful of folks at 20th saw the continuing success WB has with DC DTV's and wanted to try starting their own.

Wysps

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Feb 10, 2024, 06:54:34 PMGlad this thread got tidied up faster than I could hit "report".

Déjà vu, right?

Quote from: Rankles75 on Feb 10, 2024, 05:11:11 PMThe one thing I definitely don't want in the next movie is the damn stupid Wilhelm scream. Couldn't believe they used that in Prey, took me right out of the movie for the next 5 minutes or so...

I have to agree with you.  I never noticed it until someone pointed it out, and now every time I hear it, ugh  :-\

SiL

SiL

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Feb 10, 2024, 06:54:34 PMGlad this thread got tidied up faster than I could hit "report".
What's did I miss? The usual "woke" crap?

Quote from: RoguePred1987 on Feb 10, 2024, 07:41:12 PMIs Tarzan in public domain? I'm not sure, I don't think he is but its worth looking into.
Tarzan books, yes. Tarzan the trademarked character, no.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed